Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Using an Android tablet as a keyboard/touchpad?

Just dropped Windows 8 on my HTPC. Was wondering if there's a good app that will convert my tablet into a touchpad and keyboard to control the HTPC. Anyone ever do this?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Just dropped Windows 8 on my HTPC. Was wondering if there's a good app that will convert my tablet into a touchpad and keyboard to control the HTPC. Anyone ever do this?
is Splashtop what you are looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.

Last edited by Hyrax : Jan 25, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Don't think so. I don't want to connect via RDP and look at the GUI on the tablet. I want to use the tablet as a keyboard and touchpad while looking at the TV screen. Not sure if that's clear.

I did find this, but it's kinda buggy. Worked great before I restarted and then the mouse controls went all screwy.

Will troubleshoot later but I was hoping someone had already done this with their setup and might have suggestions.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Jan 25, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

http://www.unifiedremote.com/

I use that on all my computers!
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

So much win, thank you!

Question though, is there a way to send Win key or Shift+Win key with the basic remote?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovster View Post
http://www.unifiedremote.com/

I use that on all my computers!
That's awesome, bought it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
That's awesome, bought it.
Do you have a Windows key on the full keyboard?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:17 AM   #8
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Now what i'm looking to do personally.

Is an app that I can control my Transformer Inifinty tablet with my phone.

So say I have the tablet hooked up to a TV, and then sit back and control my tablet with my phone.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:34 AM   #9
Rakeesh
PC is ze master race

Rakeesh is still being judged by the masses

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...chpad+keyboard

I prefer a remote control myself. I use a logitech harmony 650 with eventghost.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:26 AM   #10
Zero
Sass hole

I already have a physical keyboard and Harmony remote, wanted something smaller and with an accurate touch pad.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"