Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Going from iphone 4s + Sprint to Note 2 + AT&T

Any reason not to?

I'm still new to the world of smartphones, plans, who has what features etc. All I know is I'm paying Sprint for a service that doesn't allow me to use certain features because I'm trapped in 3G world (my location anyway) while everyone else is on 4G and streaming whatever they please.

On the phone switch, I used my buddies Note 2 the other day and my 4s doesn't hold a candle to it. I think I could even dump my ipad with a screen that size and clarity.

Thoughts guys? TIA...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:36 PM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Everday I carry a 4s on sprint, a verizon note 2, and a verizon LTE ipad. I don't touch my ipad no need to have note.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:30 PM   #3
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Went from an avid Sprint supporter since the Epic 4G. To the Note II with AT&T, don't miss a day of it, or their slow network speeds.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Went from an avid Sprint supporter since the Epic 4G. To the Note II with AT&T, don't miss a day of it, or their slow network speeds.
I'm kind of surprised to hear that - their network must be in better shape here. My buddies note 2 on AT&T flew where Sprint is just meh at best.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:42 PM   #5
DivotMaker
Radeon Caribbean Islands

DivotMaker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
I'm kind of surprised to hear that - their network must be in better shape here. My buddies note 2 on AT&T flew where Sprint is just meh at best.
Same here....AT&T flies especially on LTE here in the Houston area.....
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:54 PM   #6
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Err im saying i dont miss sprint.. att is faster.. maybe i worded that wrong..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Err im saying i dont miss sprint.. att is faster.. maybe i worded that wrong..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
I don't think you did, since I read it properly
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I hit 30Mbps on Verizon LTE here in DE
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I hit 30Mbps on Verizon LTE here in DE
Verizon is a mixed bag for me. Great service/best discount through company yet highest cost on data charges.

AT&T = a little more money, great service in my area, but lower overall data costs.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I guess note 2 is perfect if you want a big phone. Else there is the Droid DNA (slightly smaller phone with a 1080p display):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knQH2dcwPcE

Either is great i believe.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
I guess note 2 is perfect if you want a big phone. Else there is the Droid DNA (slightly smaller phone with a 1080p display):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knQH2dcwPcE

Either is great i believe.
Thanks for that comparison vid Danny! That DNA...I'm going to have to look into that. I never thought 1080p would be a feature I would want in a phone.

Oh, never heard the term "phablet" before either
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:00 PM   #12
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I believe the high end phones of this year will all come with 1080p screens, which is why i mentioned the DNA (which would mean you have a feature that all the "super" phones also will have).

But tbh i know NOTHING of the price on the DNA and how it compares to the note2 (cheaper? more expensive?) since there is no such thing as the DNA in sweden
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:55 PM   #13
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

DNA is verizon's name tag for the variant. If you wanted the butterfly which is the gsm variant as ATT doesn't have one you will have to buy the gsm version. You could also buy a verizon dna and use it on ATT but you will not get ATT LTE.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote