Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:26 AM   #5041
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
Then why is it they don't know about that yet claim that the previous photos must be a head of some player? It could be anything.

So if it could be anything:
ammo bag
medic bag
mines
claymores

Then it invalidates the claim that the IRNV is OP because of the possible false positives proven by Xplode and logical who thought that the pic was a players head. They didn't even know other objects light up when using the IRNV. Case closed!
i still think the game is still better with it. because you really can't see enemy without it... since i dont' camp or snipe in this game, for those rusher like me this is a must have.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:43 AM   #5042
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Claymores, ammo bags and medic bags dont move... stop being retarded. Those blips are clearly people.

I dont see why ammo bags and medic bags are lit up though.

As for the IRNV, I dont give a **** if people use it or not, like I said before I usually am quicker on the draw than those guys any how. I was never anti-IRNV.

I personally dont use it cause it limits my field of view and I dont have a problem killing or seeing people.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:24 AM   #5043
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
hmmm, i am still stucking at ready to install loop after this patch.

what can i do

i have delete and reinstall the damn game, this stupid origin thing that doesn't even work......................
I have scrubbed my video card driver, cleaned the old one out and installed the newest. Installed 3 times, battlefield and origin just to see if it would help with cleaning the registry. I have not been able to get BF3 running more than 10 minutes, it pisses me off cause I want to play. I have the xbox360 but I wanted to play PC. Oh well still waiting for the next patch and hoping for something. Just going back to Skyrim.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:38 AM   #5044
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Daddy_Cool View Post
I have scrubbed my video card driver, cleaned the old one out and installed the newest. Installed 3 times, battlefield and origin just to see if it would help with cleaning the registry. I have not been able to get BF3 running more than 10 minutes, it pisses me off cause I want to play. I have the xbox360 but I wanted to play PC. Oh well still waiting for the next patch and hoping for something. Just going back to Skyrim.
tried this method:

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/ho...graphics-cards

?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:38 AM   #5045
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
one thing i have noticed. is that you really have to disable all anti virus and firewall when installing the game.

Also you can't use AV firewall when you are playing the game.. else it will kick back to desktop.

this is my expereicen maybe you can give it a try

note: i have installed tthis game 4 times, waste about 10 hours just on intalling this ****. But at last by disabling Anti virus i was able to install and play the game.

i am using avira + nod32 on my system.

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 29, 2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:53 AM   #5046
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

ECH1 are you retarded? I said they DO have a heat signature, read carefully next time But that's irrelevant because the SHAPE of health/ammo packs compared to a PERSON is different so you can tell which is which just like in that picture. I don't understand if you're trying to troll or if it's really that hard for you to understand.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:11 AM   #5047
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Then why is it they don't know about that yet claim that the previous photos must be a head of some player? It could be anything.

So if it could be anything:
ammo bag
medic bag
mines
claymores

Then it invalidates the claim that the IRNV is OP because of the possible false positives proven by Xplode and logical who thought that the pic was a players head. They didn't even know other objects light up when using the IRNV. Case closed!
It's pretty obvious that it's another player, one of the objects even has a scope glare!

But I guess it could be an ammo bag/medic bag/mine/claymore with the scope attachment...
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:07 AM   #5048
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Do you have Realtek HD audio on you motherboard? This has been known to cause crashes. I've heard that updating to the newest 2.66 drivers may help, as does disabling sound in the bios and using an addin. I was getting crashes as often and decided to move some things around in my case to put my old X-Fi pci back in. Once the X-Fi was running audio again, the crashes stopped.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:48 AM   #5049
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've always had issues with realtek on every single mobo I've owned, from minor hitches or stutters to CTD or BSOD..

I'll never use it again, everytime I try it on a new mobo there is always some bs problem.. used X-Fi in my last 3 rigs and never had an issue once.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:05 AM   #5050
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Claymores, ammo bags and medic bags dont move... stop being retarded. Those blips are clearly people.
You do realize that pic can be showing anything because it's been already established that claymores, mines, med/ammo bags,etc light up using the IRNV. Or are you running out of a defense.

Quote:
I dont see why ammo bags and medic bags are lit up though.
This proves the point of false positives for the IRNV. You didn't even know it would light up objects other then the player. LOL

Quote:
As for the IRNV, I dont give a **** if people use it or not, like I said before I usually am quicker on the draw than those guys any how. I was never anti-IRNV.
Good, because you haven't made a point otherwise.

Quote:
I personally dont use it cause it limits my field of view and I don't have a problem killing or seeing people.
And here is were the back peddling begins. The IRNV is fine it was never OP. Until they fix the IQ of the game people will always have a problem seeing other players. They need to get rid of the bloom, blinding sunlight, blue tint, excessive contrast, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It's pretty obvious that it's another player, one of the objects even has a scope glare!

But I guess it could be an ammo bag/medic bag/mine/claymore with the scope attachment...
To me it could either be a claymore, med/ammo bag or a mine. At that distance using a 1x scope with a limited view that's what I'm seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i still think the game is still better with it. because you really can't see enemy without it... since i dont' camp or snipe in this game, for those rusher like me this is a must have.
The IRNV is fine as is. What they need to do is improve the IQ back to step 14/15. Once they do people won't care about the IRNV because they can actually aim and shoot at other players without any issue.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 29, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:07 AM   #5051
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I take it that retard pic you are trying to boaster is actually moving? Or do all players have to be moving? You do realize that a player can be stationary don't you? Or are you running out of a defense .

This proves the point of false positives for the IRNV. You didn't even know it would light up objects other then the player. LOL

Then leave, it's just that simple. Because you haven't made a point otherwise.

And here is were the back peddling begins. The IRNV is fine it was never OP. Until they fix the IQ of the game people will always have a problem seeing other players. They need to get rid of the excessive bloom, blinding sunlight, blue tint, excessive contrast, etc.

It's pretty obvious it's either a claymore, med/ammo bag or a mine. At that distance using a 1x scope with a limited view that's what I'm seeing.
Ok, so you are just trolling then, I'm glad that you are honest enough to admit it.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:19 AM   #5052
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Ok, so you are just trolling then, I'm glad that you are honest enough to admit it.
Sigh, providing facts of the game's functionality has nothing to do with trolling. Please learn to use the word properly. Facts are that the IRNV gave some users in this form a false positive because they didn't know that the IRNV could illuminate objects other than players. That has nothing to do with trolling.

Claymores, mines, ammo/medic bags light up under the IRNV just like other players. So when one is found at a distance and/or particularly obscured it will give a false positive that it's a player when it's not.

The real problem is not the IRNV but that IQ of the game which makes it difficult to clearly see other players and aim at them. For example, as posted earlier in this thread we need to go back to step 14/15 so that we can see better.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:23 AM   #5053
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Sigh, proving facts of the game's functionality has nothing to do with trolling. Please learn to use the word properly. Facts are that the IRNV gave some users in this form a false positive because they didn't know that the IRNV could illuminate objects other than players. That has nothing to do with trolling.

Claymores, mines, ammo/medic bags light up under the IRNV just like other players. So when one is found at a distance or at a distance particularly obscured it will give a false positive that it's a player when it's not.

The real problem is not the IRNV but that IQ of the game which makes it difficult to clearly see other players and aim at them. For example, as posted earlier in this thread we need to go back to step 14/15 so that we can see better.
What else should I call it, there's an obvious scope glare on the lit up object in that picture, and yet you claim that you cannot tell the difference between that lit up shape and a medic bag...

Does this really look like a bag to you

Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:25 AM   #5054
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
What else should I call it, there's an obvious scope glare on the lit up object in that picture, and yet you claim that you cannot tell the difference between that lit up shape and a medic bag...

Does this really look like a bag to you

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1949/blind2h.jpg
What else can you call it? How about calling it "being informed". That you now know and understand that the IRNV illuminates more then just players. That's a good start in my view. As for the pic, I've already discussed that and as far as I'm concerned the pic is no longer valid for the intent that it was used for.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:27 AM   #5055
Mangler
PC

Quote:
What else can you call it? How about calling it "being informed". That you now know and understand that the IRNV illuminates more then just players. That's a good start in my view. As for the pic, I've already discussed that and as far as I'm concerned the pic is no longer valid for the intent that it was used for.
No ****, since it was obvious from the start that it was not a medic bag but a player...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:42 AM   #5056
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

can't believe people actually defend the irnv. and with the excuse that there is an infinitesimal chance that what you see through the scope might also be an ammo or health kit floating at the level of somebody's head. what about when people who should not be visible move around? do you also assume that ammo kits can move around on their own so it's fair game there too?

"the wallhack is totally fine because it also lights up ammo crates on ground along with invisible enemy soldiers, so it's all good." sheesh.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:01 PM   #5057
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
can't believe people actually defend the irnv. and with the excuse that there is an infinitesimal chance that what you see through the scope might also be an ammo or health kit floating at the level of somebody's head.
Wrong, the IRNV is limited to 1x zoom with a narrow field of view. It's not about it be infinitesimal to the game but the game's current IQ problems. If they removed the blue tint, the high contrast, the blinding sunlight and any other IQ problems then people could see better using regular scopes.

Quote:
what about when people who should not be visible move around? do you also assume that ammo kits can move around on their own so it's fair game there too?
What I'm contending is that we should be clearly, unmistakeably, visible at distance. But do to the obvious IQ issues they are not. That's the problem. They need to remove the color grading and other additions that hinder people from seeing correctly.
Quote:
"the wallhack is totally fine because it also lights up ammo crates on ground along with invisible enemy soldiers, so it's all good." sheesh.
No, with the IRNV it allows you to see other players as intended without the color grading, blinding sunlight, high contrast, etc. Unless you are implying that real wallhackers should have the greater advantage in the game... But I believe that advantage could also be negated once the color grading, etc is removed.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:05 PM   #5058
Mangler
PC

The whole 1x thing is no big deal, if you can pixel hunt, you can snipe with that.

Imo, the only thing they need to nerf is the range on the irnv, if things are too far away, they should not be lit up.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:40 PM   #5059
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

naa I'm pretty sure the problem is that INRV is in the game, that's the thing that gives people an unfair advantage, it's a hack, and even if they removed all the color grating that lets you spot enemies better, INRV will still remain a built in hack.
when BFBC2 came out some of the 1st hacks for the game were pretty much INRV view, EA banned lots of people for using the hack, and now they put it in BF3.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:53 PM   #5060
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:00 PM   #5061
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
if they nerf the irnv, i will left out being blind 90% of the time.... good job dice.

well this game is so hard to spot any enemy without it on some map. and i am enjoying the game much better with thsi irnv than without. or if everyone can not use it then the game will be much more enjoyable.

the first 2 days of my bf3 life was annoying, enemy killing me out of no where is just insane frustrating. once i got my own irnv, the game became much more enjoyable.

well because others are using wallhack and you dont', what can you expect.

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 29, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:57 PM   #5062
H001iGAN
Orzysz

what wallhacks? I didn't say anything about wallhax, It's a visual hack (can't see thru walls) a player with this scope doesn't have to put any effort whatsoever to spot enemies. you keep saying you can't see players without using it, but I can, how is it that I can spot players across the map without it? and yea the IQ could use come improvements as mentioned but alot of the spotting issues is because players are behind objects, or in prone, and the maps have so much clutter it takes longer to throughly scan the area for movement. Would you keep using the scope if they made it night vision only, meaning it would not light up the players in a yellow/red color. all it would do is eliminate the sun glare etc. we can sit here and argue all day, but it doesn't change the fact that using IRNV gives you a huge advantage in spotting non moving enemies, enemies hiding in bushes, or campers in good spots, that otherwise you would not spot so easily even if the game had no iQ issues.

Last edited by H001iGAN : Nov 29, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:15 PM   #5063
H001iGAN
Orzysz

I still don't understand what you're trying to say about the wallhack.
so you don't agree that by using IRNV you get an unfair advantage over other players?
I mean it completely eliminates the need to scan the environment for the enemy movement, and when the enemy is not moving, then you shouldn't be able to spot them easy anyway, even if they fixed the IQ you would still not be able to spot people that were not moving, or using their environment for cover and only have their head stick out, with IRNV all you do is scope in and out for a second, and you know exactly where everyone is. I know it's soposed to work like that but why have it in game when it creates huge balance issues? I thought that even in the game description it mentions something about dark environments so why does it work in daytime maps?

Last edited by H001iGAN : Nov 29, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:19 PM   #5064
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

As soon as they nerf IRNV, I am expecting the FLOOOOD of, "I can't move five feet without a camper shooting me, BF3 is a campfest!" complaints
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:27 PM   #5065
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
As soon as they nerf IRNV, I am expecting the FLOOOOD of, "I can't move five feet without a camper shooting me, BF3 is a campfest!" complaints
If they do nerf it I expect a drop in player count. But the nerf remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
I still don't understand what you're trying to say about the wallhack.
so you don't agree that by using IRNV you get an unfair advantage over other players?
I mean it completely eliminates the need to scan the environment for the enemy movement, and when the enemy is not moving, then you shouldn't be able to spot them easy anyway, even if they fixed the IQ you would still not be able to spot people that were not moving, or using their environment for cover and only have their head stick out, with IRNV all you do is scope in and out for a second, and you know exactly where everyone is. I know it's soposed to work like that but why have it in game when it creates huge balance issues? I thought that even in the game description it mentions something about dark environments so why does it work in daytime maps?
So you are calling the game unfair if one uses the IRNV or the FXAA injection method to revert the game back to step 14/15 (not step 18 final color grading) unfair? Are you serious? To completely eliminate all the IQ problems that prevents the player from playing the game as intended regardless if the player is moving or not is now an unfair advantage? I take it that this is also an unfair advantage as well because if you see them as that too is unfair.

And what about those dark environments (scroll down to the Tehran Highway pics of that post). I take it that if the bloom and blinding lamp lights are also fixed that would be an unfair advantage by your definition. Because it wouldn't be "dark" any more. And by dark you mean a person shouldn't be able to see properly.

Last edited by ECH1 : Nov 29, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:37 PM   #5066
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

omfg if the game look just like that i will have no issue spotting any one

Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:54 PM   #5067
H001iGAN
Orzysz

What's not to understand here, you are gettin an unfair advantage against players that do not use the IRNV and you are eliminating a major part of playing a competitive FPS game (visually scanning the area for enemies) if this was not a problem then the majority of players would not be asking Dice to fix this exploit. will you quit playing BF3 when they fix the range on INRV so that players medium/far range don't light up for you? it just sounds to me like you're making excuses to not feel guilty about playing the game in an unfair manner. You really think that the playerbase is going to drop after dice fixes some of the biggest issues with the game? they're listening to a large majority and fixing obvious balance issues in the game. why would that make people want to quit?. maybe the bad players, that rely on such unfair tactics to get kills will leave, but the majority of players will be happy with the changes.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:58 PM   #5068
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Back To Karkand expansion release on PC - 14th Dec...

Treat that with a big punch bag of salt. The PS3 release is apparently on the 7th Dec, so PC & 360 follow one week after.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...k-release.html
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:04 PM   #5069
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

maybe dice will make a dlc with sunglasses as a unlock. why not

Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:43 PM   #5070
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Don't listen to that idiot. He's obviously trolling, no wonder he blanked out his name in the screenshot so we can't see how bad he is...
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote