Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 8, 2019, 07:18 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

try a nice bottle of wine
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 07:52 PM   #32
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

For me it's the taste and the burn that turns me off to alcohol. Went to a wedding with an open bar and tried all the James Bond drinks and every single one was horrible. About the only thing that are safe for me are the wine coolers and hard lemonades at the grocery store. Getting something mixed at a bar is a crap shoot of okay this isn't bad to ugh too strong. The worst was when a friend mixed up a pina colada that was too strong. To be nice I did drink it all but the combo of brain freeze/burning throat was terrible.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 08:41 PM   #33
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

As others have mentioned, alcohol will not add a lot in your life at this point
and *might* take away things.

Havigng said this, because you are new at this, get advice from people who know.
Go to a wine tasting event, plan on taxiing home.

Go to a nice reviewed Scottish pub and ask the barman for scotch initiation.

Also post pics of the bottled you tried so we can corroborate the paint thinner taste.

For me, it's cheap vodka and gin. Those taste exactly like what I would remove paint with smells
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 8, 2019, 09:59 PM   #34
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

We bought the captain Morgan white rum. The guy in the store told me that it's pretty neutral tasting.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 01:37 AM   #35
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

If/when I drink it's either red wine, rum and cola (Sailor Jerry), or Guiness
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 01:40 AM   #36
Talon_262
Lurker Supreme

Talon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete strangerTalon_262 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
We bought the captain Morgan white rum. The guy in the store told me that it's pretty neutral tasting.
I'm a very occasional drinker myself; about the only time I really imbibe is when I go down to Panama City Beach once or twice a year and kick back at night at beachside with a rum and Coke Zero and listen to the waves crash. J. Wray Jamaica Gold Rum is my preferred, but I tried Bacardi Black when I went down there back in April and it was good.
Talon_262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 07:48 AM   #37
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wait …. what?!?!

I've been drinking, 2 drinks, with my dad on Sundays at the BBQ since I was 15.

It escalated a bit when I was a student.

I decreased somewhat when I started working.

I'm 41 now and I have been going through the following yearly cycle for a number of years. For about a year I drink heavily like, half a bottle of brandy per night every night, till a year of almost abstinence during which I gym and become trim again to the point of almost having a six-pack abdominal muscle appearance.

I'm the bottom end of my year drinking stint and have already purchased my gym membership to start my recovery.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 07:55 AM   #38
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_262 View Post
I'm a very occasional drinker myself; about the only time I really imbibe is when I go down to Panama City Beach once or twice a year and kick back at night at beachside with a rum and Coke Zero and listen to the waves crash. J. Wray Jamaica Gold Rum is my preferred, but I tried Bacardi Black when I went down there back in April and it was good.
ill second that, wray and appleton is good rum. My preferred stuff as well
https://imgur.com/a/6qDUqTm
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 09:20 AM   #39
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This is all you need to know about alcohol.

Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:39 AM   #40
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

I mean... Is that normal? In the UK or Germany you'd pretty much a alcoholic by the time you're a toddler.

Exaggeration ofcourse, but still that's quite rare. Even a anti social 35 year old me even drinks in rare occasions.
That gif perfectly descbribes what i was thinking

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:58 AM   #41
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard View Post
I'm 41 now and I have been going through the following yearly cycle for a number of years. For about a year I drink heavily like, half a bottle of brandy per night every night, till a year of almost abstinence during which I gym and become trim again to the point of almost having a six-pack abdominal muscle appearance.
You're part of a small fraction of people that can do this. Apparently the comedian Bill Burr does this. He works out a lot, too.

Regarding this on/off behavior, wifey was like that with cigs, back when you could still smoke in bars in Missouri. She'd go out drinking, buy a pack, smoke maybe four or five, and the pack would sit in her purse for a few weeks until she went drinking again. She usually ended up pitching half a pack or so because they either got stale or she didn't want them smelling up her purse. (This was also when a pack cost $2 or so.)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 01:20 PM   #42
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't really understand the "If you made it this far without drinking, don't start now" line. He's not saying he's going to go get shitfaced, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation and exploring alcohol. There's nothing I like more than coming home from work every night and relaxing on the couch with a glass of whiskey; I associate it with calmness and it helps me wind down. I enjoy every aspect of it from the history and culture, the distillation process, to the flavor breakdowns and complexity with everything. It's become a genuine hobby of mine, but it's never taken me to the point where I would tell people "stay away, don't start now!" That's a bit biased based on your own lives.

Find some bars that offer flights of beer so you can sample various kinds. Stouts, lagers, IPAs (though no one likes those, they suck). Give it some time if you don't like it at first, if you're truly interested in it and not just doing it to get drunk, you'll realize that no one really likes these things right off the bat because their palates aren't refined enough to pick out the nuances. Hell, most people are the same way with coffee. This is doubly important if you ever get to whiskey, I don't know of anyone who sat down with it and said "Man this tastes amazing!" 99% of people say it tastes like rubbing alcohol and does nothing but burn. I was the same way, I couldn't stand it, but I was obsessed with the history of it and stuck with it until my palate gradually got used to everything. Now I can sit there, take a sip, and start picking out the little flavor nuances. It's no different than cooking and eating, really. If someone gives you a sauce and asks you what it's made out of, are you going to be able to pick out the flavors and tell them if you've never actually tasted those ingredients before? No. But do it enough and you'll start to realize "Oh, that's X flavor, and here's a bit of X here". Despite what people think, alcohol DOES have flavor, it's just hidden behind the alcohol that most aren't used to.

This was a hell of a ramble, sorry if it didn't make much sense.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Last edited by ice : Nov 9, 2019 at 01:30 PM.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 02:14 PM   #43
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'll just state that if you choose to dive into the world of "good tasting alcohol", it's a very deep (and opinionated) ocean.

For example:
https://www.quora.com/How-does-Capta...-to-other-rums
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 04:30 PM   #44
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

There's nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. Personally, I abstained for a very long time because alcohol and substance abuse runs rampant throughout my family, but I think circumstances dictate a lot of that. If you have nothing better to do with your life than get plotzed regularly, drugs and alcohol are an extremely bad idea. If your time is otherwise occupied and you have social drinks or a drink or two in the evening, there's really nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, if you are drinking the cheap stuff, "tastes like paint thinner" is pretty accurate.

Something to try on a cold evening might be some variation of a toddy. My recipe:

Hardware: Tea infuser, wood rasp/citrus zester, lemon juicer, mug
Ingredients: 1 lemon, 5 whole cloves, honey, boiling water, whiskey/whisky (not the expensive stuff)

Use the wood rasp or citrus zester to zest the lemon. The wood rasp is actually better for this because you get almost none of the bitter white pith. Put the zest and the cloves in the tea infuser. Put the infuser in a mug and add the enough whiskey/whiskey to just cover the stuff in the infuser. Scotch whiskey adds a nice smokeyness to it, but that is kind of an acquired taste, so you can use Irish or Canadian whisky, or really whatever you have and like.

While the booze is extracting all of the ethanol soluble goodness out of the lemon zest and cloves, put a kettle on to boil the water. Cut and juice the lemon while you are waiting. Once the kettle boils, add the boiling water to the mug and steep the lemon zest and cloves like tea for a few minutes (leave room for the juice). After that, take out the infuser and discard the lemon zest and cloves - you aren't getting anything more out of them. Add the juice to the mug and then add honey to taste to sweeten.

Half cocktail, half cold remedy, and all good.

For more social drinking (with the Mrs. for example), good wine with good cheese, smoked meats, and fruit is usually good. Think brie on thinly sliced ciabatta bread, grapes, strawberries, melon, and paper thin shaved smoked meats from the local European deli. The process goes a long way in of itself that can enhance the experience. California wines are good, Ontario wines a many, varied, and some are really good, Italian wines are generally sweet and inexpensive, French wines are (in my unschooled opinion) more expensive and overhyped.

If you are doing straight rum, go for the good aged stuff, not Captain Morgan or Bacardi mass produced stuff. 8-12 years in a barrel takes the bite out and adds a lot of character to it. It really turns it into a totally different drink, and you don't have to spend a whole lot to get a relatively good rum.

Another drink to consider is a good Port wine. It's very sweet, so it pairs well with lots of desserts like creme brule or chocolate (or a mix of nuts), but it is a bit stronger (~20% ABV) so you want small glasses. Something like a Taylor Fladgate 10 year old tawney port is middle of the road and won't set you back a whole lot.

I guess what I'm saying is if you have a bit of good stuff in the right setting and paired with some nice food or dessert, it's a completely different experience than getting wasted with a cheap bottle of paint thinner. You are more likely to gain a bit of weight if you do it frequently, 'tho...there can be a lot of calories hiding in there.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 09:41 PM   #45
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Growing up in Western Europe where there wasn't a strictly enforced drinking age, I did most of my drinking in high school. I didn't like the taste of beer so I drank rum & coke, usually at the same pace my friends were drinking beer. I got very very drunk on several occasions. In college I barely drank, I got a 3-day hangover from a bottle of white Martini &Rossi once but that was it. I can't drink Bacardi anymore, but discovered Barbancourt rum which is fantastic. I'm trying to cut back on alcohol as being out of work for 8 months made it way too way to start early in the day and it messed up my cholesterol. I still like a drink on the weekends, probably more than I should, but I won't buy cheap stuff. I've developed a taste for single malt in the meantime, and good tequila (sipping it, not shots).
Anyway, I do agree with, surprisingly, the majority of the people who responded here. If you've made it this far without drinking, there's really no reason to make it a habit. A glass of good red wine with dinner is certainly enjoyable, I like a good Merlot or Zinfandel myself, but it certainly won't make or break the experience.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:16 PM   #46
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

If you like minty things a good Mojito can be hard to pass up. But really, you need to try making real mixed drinks to start off. Not just mixing a base with a base. You need to get 3-4 items into some drinks to really experience what the different amount of alcohols can really do.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:22 PM   #47
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
A glass of good red wine with dinner is certainly enjoyable, I like a good Merlot or Zinfandel myself, but it certainly won't make or break the experience.
As much as I openly admit I drank to get drunk, I loved all the non-damaging aspects of drinking-- the various tastes, the history, the mixology, the camaraderie-- but in the end maybe the thing I missed the most, the longest, was wine with a good meal. That part was sort of pure; of course I missed drinking with friends but I found that maybe a lot of those friends weren't all that close anyway. But wine with a good meal is like a truism.
That's also a lure about which I have to be vigilant. Wine with a meal is sort of innocent and it might be the easiest way for me to fall off the wagon.

It's one thing to have a couple glasses of wine with dinner. It's something else altogether to have a couple bottles.

This was my fave, good, but not pricey. And fun to say!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:44 PM   #48
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Too many haters in here. Life is short, enjoy it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:50 AM   #49
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Too many haters in here. Life is short, enjoy it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Nah, I was just relating my own ****. In the previous page I suggested Pina Coladas and Creme de Menthe blowjobs.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:36 AM   #50
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I don't really understand the "If you made it this far without drinking, don't start now" line. He's not saying he's going to go get shitfaced, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation and exploring alcohol. There's nothing I like more than coming home from work every night and relaxing on the couch with a glass of whiskey; I associate it with calmness and it helps me wind down. I enjoy every aspect of it from the history and culture, the distillation process, to the flavor breakdowns and complexity with everything. It's become a genuine hobby of mine, but it's never taken me to the point where I would tell people "stay away, don't start now!" That's a bit biased based on your own lives.

Find some bars that offer flights of beer so you can sample various kinds. Stouts, lagers, IPAs (though no one likes those, they suck). Give it some time if you don't like it at first, if you're truly interested in it and not just doing it to get drunk, you'll realize that no one really likes these things right off the bat because their palates aren't refined enough to pick out the nuances. Hell, most people are the same way with coffee. This is doubly important if you ever get to whiskey, I don't know of anyone who sat down with it and said "Man this tastes amazing!" 99% of people say it tastes like rubbing alcohol and does nothing but burn. I was the same way, I couldn't stand it, but I was obsessed with the history of it and stuck with it until my palate gradually got used to everything. Now I can sit there, take a sip, and start picking out the little flavor nuances. It's no different than cooking and eating, really. If someone gives you a sauce and asks you what it's made out of, are you going to be able to pick out the flavors and tell them if you've never actually tasted those ingredients before? No. But do it enough and you'll start to realize "Oh, that's X flavor, and here's a bit of X here". Despite what people think, alcohol DOES have flavor, it's just hidden behind the alcohol that most aren't used to.

This was a hell of a ramble, sorry if it didn't make much sense.
I agree and feel the same with just about everything you mention here, except for the part about IPAs. They are my favorite I can't drink any other kind of beer. TO be fair though there are crap ones that are just bitter with bad taste. But the good ones are exceptional.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:43 AM   #51
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I agree and feel the same with just about everything you mention here, except for the part about IPAs. They are my favorite I can't drink any other kind of beer. TO be fair though there are crap ones that are just bitter with bad taste. But the good ones are exceptional.

IPAs are horrible... took me a while of trying out a ton of them to realize it wasn't the specific beer, it was the type. I dislike hops. Once I realized that it became a lot easier to find beers I do enjoy... Lagers and other things that describe themselves as "hoppy" I steer clear of.

Now, give me a nice Porter,.... mmm.

Btw, Meteor, you might want to make a trip out to Framingham and have dinner at Jack's Abbey. You'd love their selection of IPLs (IPA in Lager format.) Get flights, live a little. While you're there though, do yourself a favor and try a Framinghammer. *drool*

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:00 AM   #52
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
IPAs are horrible... took me a while of trying out a ton of them to realize it wasn't the specific beer, it was the type. I dislike hops. Once I realized that it became a lot easier to find beers I do enjoy... Lagers and other things that describe themselves as "hoppy" I steer clear of.

Now, give me a nice Porter,.... mmm.

Btw, Meteor, you might want to make a trip out to Framingham and have dinner at Jack's Abbey. You'd love their selection of IPLs (IPA in Lager format.) Get flights, live a little. While you're there though, do yourself a favor and try a Framinghammer. *drool*
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm hardly ever around the Framingham area but I'll keep it in mind. But in general anytime we're at a new restaurant or bar I always order an IPA I've never tried before.

Guess I'm opposite of you on beer preference. I love that hoppy flavor and any beer without it just tastes watered down or flat to me (apart from Stouts but I'm not a big fan of those).
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:06 PM   #53
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm hardly ever around the Framingham area but I'll keep it in mind. But in general anytime we're at a new restaurant or bar I always order an IPA I've never tried before.

Guess I'm opposite of you on beer preference. I love that hoppy flavor and any beer without it just tastes watered down or flat to me (apart from Stouts but I'm not a big fan of those).
We're never in the Framingham area unless we deliberately go there for the beer.

Jack's Abbey isn't just a restaurant (of the german beer-hall sort, but they also serve pizzas, etc), they're a brewery. They distribute to various liquor stores and restaurants too. The nice thing about going there for dinner is that the food is good, and you can sample a ton of different varieties (and they have more +hops beers than not.)

A nice all-around beer is Jack's Abbey Smoke and Dagger. Both the wife (pro hops) and I like that one. I've seen that one in other restaurants

https://jacksabby.com/

Hmm.. fewer IPLs on tap than there used to be. Guess they are outsourcing some of those to their sister brewery, Springdale, next door

Last edited by koralis : Nov 11, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 01:00 PM   #54
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I remember my first beer
Old Nov 11, 2019, 01:10 PM   #55
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Did you brew it back in the day with bill?

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 02:42 PM   #56
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I love the image of the fat monks passed out with the barrels

One issue we have is that we're on a pretty strict low-carb/keto diet, so there's alot of drinks we don't want to do right now. The rum we bought has no carbs in it, and we mixed it into sugar-free sodas. From my reading, it sounds like sugar/carbs might help neutralize some of the paint-thinner taste, so some day I might have to take a cheat-day and try out some non-diet drinks.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 03:12 PM   #57
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
I remember my first beer
The second, third, fourth, and fifth...not so much.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 03:37 PM   #58
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
The rum we bought has no carbs in it, and we mixed it into sugar-free sodas. From my reading, it sounds like sugar/carbs might help neutralize some of the paint-thinner taste, so some day I might have to take a cheat-day and try out some non-diet drinks.

Try the rum + goslings diet ginger beer + squeeze of lime.. a dark and stormy. We use the diet ginger beer and it's still pretty good. proportions below. No, you don't need spiced rum in particular, that's just this particular recipe.

Spice of the Storm (Simple)
Try the Spice of the Storm, a cocktail reserved for the darkest days at sea. Mix Black Spiced Rum, ginger beer, and lime juice to craft this cocktail. Check out more Captain Morgan spiced rum cocktail recipes.
INGREDIENTS:
1.5 oz Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum
4 oz ginger beer
0.5 oz lime juice

HOW TO MAKE:
1. Pour ginger beer over ice in tall glass.
2. Top with Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum.
3. Squeeze lime juice into cocktail and garnish with lime.

Old Nov 11, 2019, 04:30 PM   #59
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I love the image of the fat monks passed out with the barrels

One issue we have is that we're on a pretty strict low-carb/keto diet, so there's alot of drinks we don't want to do right now. The rum we bought has no carbs in it, and we mixed it into sugar-free sodas. From my reading, it sounds like sugar/carbs might help neutralize some of the paint-thinner taste, so some day I might have to take a cheat-day and try out some non-diet drinks.
You don’t want to drink when on an actual keto diet. When in you are not supplying glucose as an energy source, the brain will use ketones but when you drink, your body will prioritize removing the alcohol over processing of ketones as energy for your brain.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 08:45 AM   #60
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I might have a beer occasionally but otherwise I don't drink much. Better off. Stick to weed pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote