Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 8, 2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Wonder Woman 1984

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2019, 05:09 PM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Looks good. I liked the first one, so I'm optimistic about this one as well.

Now bring back Ben Affleck and MAAARRRRTTHHHAAAAA!!!!!!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2019, 05:57 PM   #3
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So they went time travel... Of all the sharks they could jump...

Here's hoping...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 9, 2019, 02:06 AM   #4
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

Here's hoping...
We'll see how they do it. This looks pretty good, and the last one was pretty good, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 08:08 AM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Even if the entire movie was Gal Gadot just standing there looking sexy, I'd pay for a ticket and popcorn.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:08 AM   #6
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

How... does it feeeellll.....

Looks good. The first one was a good interpretation of the character.
Unless they fall on their faces, this should be good too.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:38 AM   #7
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:

Here's hoping...
Maybe he crashed in a plane under the Arctic sea and was frozen in time?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:43 AM   #8
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
We'll see how they do it. This looks pretty good, and the last one was pretty good, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
I am too, but time travel is so easy to completely screw up and it completely destroys the story.

It's got what looks like an awesome villain, great music, and hopefully not an over reliance on CGI... So I'll watch it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Ugh...

The lazy not time travel but stuck in stasis because 'magic' trope...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:06 AM   #9
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So far, the WW series has been the best of what the DC Universe has been providing. Not sure I'll head to the theater for this one, but it looks like it could be good.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:08 AM   #10
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I did enjoy the first wonder woman also so I will probably check this one out as well. Gal Gadot is far more interesting (and way hotter) than her marvel counterpart played by boring brieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee larson.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:09 AM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I did enjoy the first wonder woman also so I will probably check this one out as well. Gal Gadot is far more interesting (and way hotter) than her marvel counterpart played by boring brieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee larson.
Gal = watch it.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:30 PM   #12
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Deleted the P&R stuff. There's a forum section for that.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 01:51 PM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
There are a ton of similarities:
  • Both characters are named "Steve"
  • Both actors are named "Chris"
  • Both stories take place in World Wars in Europe
  • Both sequels feature the character "out-of-time", adjusting to the modern world, with humor about how out-of-touch they are.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 9, 2019, 02:02 PM   #14
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Love the neon 80's I am going to see this on the Ultra screen with the Dream lounger seats with vibration feedback baby!!

Its the future man and I want it!!

Old Dec 9, 2019, 02:05 PM   #15
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
  • Both sequels feature the character "out-of-time", adjusting to the modern world, with humor about how out-of-touch they are.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 03:39 PM   #16
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
I am too, but time travel is so easy to completely screw up and it completely destroys the story.

It's got what looks like an awesome villain, great music, and hopefully not an over reliance on CGI... So I'll watch it...

Ugh...

The lazy not time travel but stuck in stasis because 'magic' trope...

"Magic", come on, it worked for Steve Rogers, clearly that isn't magic
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 03:41 PM   #17
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Pretty sure when they pick this "Steve" up out of the water, we'll see Steve Rogers plane right next to his
Quote:
Old Dec 9, 2019, 04:31 PM   #18
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Even if the entire movie was Gal Gadot just standing there looking sexy, I'd pay for a ticket and popcorn.
uh hu...

Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 04:32 PM   #19
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Good heavens.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 04:37 PM   #20
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
uh hu...

Old Dec 9, 2019, 05:02 PM   #21
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

first few times I heard her name I thought they were referring to...

Gul Dukat:

how sad is that...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 07:40 PM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
first few times I heard her name I thought they were referring to...

Gul Dukat:

how sad is that...
Very, even by Rage standards.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:25 PM   #23
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Here's hoping...
What is this time travel thing people are talking about? Isn't this story just something that happened before BvS? Prequel =/= time travel.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 09:39 PM   #24
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

They went RGB like Thor 3.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:02 PM   #25
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
What is this time travel thing people are talking about? Isn't this story just something that happened before BvS? Prequel =/= time travel.
I'm assuming it's in reference to Chris Pine being back? There doesn't seem to be any suggestion of the BvS or Justice League events in the trailer to suggest she had then travelled back to 1984.

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:18 PM   #26
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Here's hoping...
Idk man, looks like they let him sip from the Amazon's youth spring.

The trailer looks great, excellent setting in the 80s as a period action super hero movie after the Joker was splendid this will be sweet.

I suspect the blonde is gonna turn into the Cheeta or some super villain... because the guy can't be the final boss.

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:41 PM   #27
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
They went RGB like Thor 3.
I don't have a problem with that. I can watch several more movies like that and not get tired of it.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:44 PM   #28
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
I'm assuming it's in reference to Chris Pine being back? There doesn't seem to be any suggestion of the BvS or Justice League events in the trailer to suggest she had then travelled back to 1984.
There's been leaked script details out for months. The business suit guy has a magic stone that grants wishes, which Wonder Woman uses to bring back Chris Pine.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:02 AM   #29
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I kindda like that the 80s are cool again. First Stranger Things S3 and now this.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:07 AM   #30
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajo View Post
Idk man, looks like they let him sip from the Amazon's youth spring.
But he got blow'd up in the previous movie. So there has to be some sort of time travel going on. And we know he's a man-out-of-time in this one because she seems to explaining the modern art stuff to him.

Quote:
The trailer looks great, excellent setting in the 80s as a period action super hero movie after the Joker was splendid this will be sweet.

I suspect the blonde is gonna turn into the Cheeta or some super villain... because the guy can't be the final boss.
I'm thinking the same thing, that the blonde chick is going to be a villain, probably Cheetah.

On the other hand, I think the man is Maxwell Lord, who in the Comics turns out to be a mind-controlling villain. He gains control over Superman and uses him to wreck his enemies, including the Justice League. So it comes down to Diana having to stop Supes. They get into an epic battle, and she incapacitates him long enough to chase down Max Lord, to get him to release Supes. Max says no can do, my hold on him is too deep and can't be broken unless you kill me. So she breaks his neck and kills him. So I'm wondering if that's kinda how things will happen.