Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
cloakanddagger

Talking alcohol

Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:07 AM   #2
AlienZombie
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AlienZombie is still being judged by the masses

Beer 4-4.5%? Bah...maybe for crap macro beers. I usually drink stuff in the 6-9% range, and it actually tastes good, no alcohol burn. I've got some 9.8% stuff now
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:09 AM   #3
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Drinking beer and wine ain't bad. It's when you get drunk that does the damage.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:52 AM   #4
Joey3k
.:M.o.d.e.r.a.t.o.r.:.

Joey3k is still being judged by the masses

so uhh

since when does alcohol kill brain cells?

Successfully created the OFFICIAL Rage3D nexus on February 27th 2004
Joey3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:54 AM   #5
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey3k
so uhh

since when does alcohol kill brain cells?

Since YOU DRINK TOO MUCH!
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:56 AM   #6
plastic dwarf
Banned

plastic dwarf is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by DorXtar
Drinking beer and wine ain't bad. It's when you get drunk that does the damage.
I hate booze i don't drink at all. I wish there were more sober men in this world
plastic dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:59 AM   #7
micron
arb_fragment_asshat

micron is still being judged by the masses

Whatever.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 01:01 AM   #8
DorXtar
SMILE!

Quote:
Originally posted by micron
Whatever.
BAHAHAHA!! You know she's right.

-RFtinkerer

Old Jun 19, 2004, 03:29 AM   #9
busboy
I'm the wallet inspector

busboy is still being judged by the masses

well i beg to differ. There will always be people that cant refuse that extra drink that makes them into a jaxazz. There are alot of people that are content to have a few drinks and socialize it just comes with age when you dont want to get wasted but want to socialize. I think alcohal is fine as long as you can maturely handle it but that comes with trial and error and btw drinking alone ???? you know you have problems when
busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 03:53 AM   #10
citywok
Radeon Caribbean Islands

citywok is still being judged by the masses

130pounds, 8 shots of skyy vodka (40%) in 90minutes, bac: 2544230769230769 %

hmm. yea i was trashed that night
citywok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 04:00 AM   #11
Lunar Aura
Banned

Lunar Aura is still being judged by the masses

Alcohol sucks and I ahte the taste (:
Lunar Aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 04:39 AM   #12
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

hobs0n is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Lunar Aura
Alcohol makes me a better person and I love the taste (:
Fixed for you
hobs0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 04:44 AM   #13
indio007
Radeon Northern Islands

indio007 is still being judged by the masses

I drink to make you more interesting.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 05:37 AM   #14
Stoned Bob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Stoned Bob is still being judged by the masses

kids listen up alcohol solves most if not all problems! so try it out !
Stoned Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 06:36 AM   #15
gillies
Radeon R420

gillies is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Stoned Bob
kids listen up alcohol solves most if not all problems! so try it out !
"There's nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away."
gillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 09:19 AM   #16
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally posted by plastic dwarf
I hate booze i don't drink at all. I wish there were more sober men in this world
I can see your point of view I suppose. There are many people who's drinking is out of control and negatively affects themselves and the people surrounding them.

But on the other hand there are a whole lot of people who can drink responsibly and just have a good time. I don't think that the people in that category should be looked down upon.
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:06 AM   #17
busboy
I'm the wallet inspector

busboy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by gillies
"There's nothing like a depressant to chase the blues away."

Oh this is out of hand lol do you know what a depressant is....obviously computers are your forte(perhaps)

Its statements like this that make me laugh, and scare the shot out of me. Why can't people get(and impart) the facts correctly, and cease to demonize alcohal. My parents were quite liberal and tolerated any under age drinking but guess what it was done under their supervision(hey were irish). I was never brought home drunk never vomitted never drove drunk and never fought. The list could go on. Let someone discover it for themselves and they make mistakes.
busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:23 AM   #18
Oscar1613
My spoon is too big!

Oscar1613 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by AlienZombie
Beer 4-4.5%? Bah...maybe for crap macro beers. I usually drink stuff in the 6-9% range, and it actually tastes good, no alcohol burn. I've got some 9.8% stuff now
i was in slovakia last week... they had some 10-12% beers they also gave us some stuff called Slivovica (pronounced Slivovitz ) that was 55% alcohol, and the "El Nino" Slivovica with 65% we discovered it was also great for cleaning floors and removing stains for clothing

#15360:
<FunG> i dunno how anyone thats smart could put up with your opinionated and pretentious ass. if i were locked in a room with you for 10 minutes id stab myself in the face. id have to before your personality oozed all over me and make me second in command of the idiot ship.

[19:39] <Robotzombie> logen you psychopath
[19:40] <Robotzombie> I was joking you asscramp
Oscar1613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:35 AM   #19
AlienZombie
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Oscar1613
i was in slovakia last week... they had some 10-12% beers they also gave us some stuff called Slivovica (pronounced Slivovitz ) that was 55% alcohol, and the "El Nino" Slivovica with 65% we discovered it was also great for cleaning floors and removing stains for clothing
10-12% sounds powerful, but for me, its all about how they taste! There is a 14% beer called Samiclaus that is brewed once a year and it supposedly very tasty which I would love to try. Not to mention most imperial stouts which average ~9%, but there are plenty higher, including one that clocks in at 23% (Dogfishead World Wide Stout)!!
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:45 AM   #20
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Bacardi 151 is like 75% alcohol, 151 proof, 200 proof is pure alcohol i believe.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:54 AM   #21
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally posted by busboy
Oh this is out of hand lol do you know what a depressant is....obviously computers are your forte(perhaps)

Its statements like this that make me laugh, and scare the shot out of me. Why can't people get(and impart) the facts correctly, and cease to demonize alcohal. My parents were quite liberal and tolerated any under age drinking but guess what it was done under their supervision(hey were irish). I was never brought home drunk never vomitted never drove drunk and never fought. The list could go on. Let someone discover it for themselves and they make mistakes.
I believe he was quoting something like the Simpsons TV show. It was a joke.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:00 AM   #22
cloakanddagger

Quote:
Originally posted by Willy Wonka
Bacardi 151 is like 75% alcohol, 151 proof, 200 proof is pure alcohol i believe.
Yes, 2 proof = 1%.

But where did they come up with this measuring system?
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:05 AM   #23
Blasphemer
Radeon Northern Islands

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Beer:- Helping ugly people have sex for 175 years

Now expecting someone to actually research how long beer has been being made (Yes nearly 4000 years) But who's to say how long it's been helping ugly people to have sex?
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:09 AM   #24
AlienZombie
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Blasphemer
Beer:- Helping ugly people have sex for 175 years

Now expecting someone to actually research how long beer has been being made (Yes nearly 4000 years) But who's to say how long it's been helping ugly people to have sex?
I liek the one that says "Helping white people dance since _____" lol.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:37 AM   #25
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You have to have more in life than just alcohol & finding free time to drink it.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:16 PM   #26
citywok
Radeon Caribbean Islands

citywok is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Willy Wonka
151/2 = 75.5%

200/2 = 100%

and 151 is nasty!
citywok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:22 PM   #27
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

hobs0n is still being judged by the masses

I sipped 80% from a spoon once and it was so strong it hurt.. I have a hard time believing anyone could drink over 75-80% without hurting themselves seriously.
hobs0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 01:30 PM   #28
cloakanddagger

Quote:
Originally posted by hobs0n
I sipped 80% from a spoon once and it was so strong it hurt.. I have a hard time believing anyone could drink over 75-80% without hurting themselves seriously.
Pain just means you're getting hair on your chest.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 01:43 PM   #29
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

I put in like 1000 oz. and 50% in 1 hour and my weight being 140. I was expecting it to say somthing like you died at this point or something.. but noooooo. Same crappy "your legaly intoxicated......" crap.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 01:46 PM   #30
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm drinking right now...as I was last night. The fastest I ever drank was 12 ouces of Vodka. I put it into a beer glass and drank it in about 2 seconds. I was just getting warmed up. I drank another micky afterwards only a little more slowly. That was when I was 24, I can't drink like that anymore. All I have for this weekend is a 40 pounder of Bacardi white rum.