Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:23 AM   #4591
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why cancel and order a 3090? That’s just stupid.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:55 AM   #4592
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why didn't he buy the 3080 as well and scalp it to a miner?

Rumours suggest the 3060 will cost as much as 3060 ti
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:03 PM   #4593
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Why didn't he buy the 3080 as well and scalp it to a miner?

Rumours suggest the 3060 will cost as much as 3060 ti
Naughty Leprachaun. First you become a miner and now you're advocating scalping Frustration is one big reason, waiting five months is a long time and secondly might not have had the money to spend on a 3080 & 3090 before reselling the 3080.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:32 PM   #4594
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Naughty Leprachaun. First you become a miner and now you're advocating scalping Frustration is one big reason, waiting five months is a long time and secondly might not have had the money to spend on a 3080 & 3090 before reselling the 3080.
I'm still a gamer. Just mining off hours. Also, decided my son needed a new card lol, so he plays and gets to mine too. I still detest cryptomining and miners. Couldn't beat them so I joined them.

I support scalping if you're ripping off a miner

Besides, blame Dave it's all his fault
Old Jan 24, 2021, 03:14 PM   #4595
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
. I still detest cryptomining and miners. Couldn't beat them so I joined them.

I support scalping if you're ripping off a miner
So you hate yourself?

Scalpers and miners are killing PC gaming.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 04:41 PM   #4596
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

woo, managed to snag a 3070 FE from bestbuy and MSRP

pricing on everything is bonkers and there's no way in hell I'm paying current pricing. I wanted a 3080 but the prices are crazy and not worth it.

hell $900-1000 for some AIB 3070's from newegg.

a 3070 FE at $649 cad is much easier to swallow.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 04:50 PM   #4597
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Its now $649 for a 3070. WTF! Glad I got in when I did, Probably will be sticking with my 3080 if the 4000 series continues the same trend in the future.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 05:10 PM   #4598
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Its now $649 for a 3070. WTF! Glad I got in when I did, Probably will be sticking with my 3080 if the 4000 series continues the same trend in the future.
sorry brain fart.

$679 canadian. or about $530 USD (so a bit over actual msrp, but I got free shipping so that's even better)

everything that crosses the border always goes up a bit, so I got the "canada" msrp price.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Jan 27, 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 05:24 PM   #4599
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Congrats!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 05:31 PM   #4600
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
sorry brain fart.

$679 canadian. or about $530 USD (so a bit over actual msrp, but I got free shipping so that's even better)

everything that crosses the border always goes up a bit, so I got the "canada" msrp price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Congrats!
Congrats! Don't tell your fellow Canadians you can buy cards @ MSRP, they won't believe you.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 05:32 PM   #4601
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
sorry brain fart.

Ah ok Canadian. Then not as bad.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:14 AM   #4602
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Congrats! Don't tell your fellow Canadians you can buy cards @ MSRP, they won't believe you.
So, after work Friday morning (and waiting several hours for the store to open) I have to go pick up this:

GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA 24GB PCI-E
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114155

It says only 2 x 8-pin PCI-E power connectors on their website but all others including EVGA says 3 of them.
My power supply is a Coolermaster Masterwatt 750 and says it does 4 x 8 pin connections with 2 outputs from the PSU. My 1080Ti is using one of those that splits into 2 x 6+2 cables.

That means I can get another one of those cables and use just 1 end or I can get a cable that goes 8 to 8 (6+2 or whatever).

Does any think this will work alright? I will talk to the computer guys when I go to pick up my card but was wondering in the meantime what you guys think.

Oh, I paid $2,469.99 Canadian for it before taxes.

They had 6 of them at my location when I ordered it.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:04 AM   #4603
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Holy shite. 2.5 Gs for a graphics card. Even in canuck bucks that's money.
Get a real man's PSU. That cooler master crap might burn out on its own and take a couple of components with it. Just a thought from my side. I wouldn't risk 2.5 Gs on a shitty psu.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:05 AM   #4604
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think you're asking for trouble with a bronze 750w PSU... That card can use 450w out of the box by itself (I have one and it regularly sits around the 440-450w mark in gaming).
Old Jan 29, 2021, 07:37 AM   #4605
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
So, after work Friday morning (and waiting several hours for the store to open) I have to go pick up this:

$1931 US Dollars?!!! 10 months ago you could buy a complete high end system for that.

Cost to make that card costs what, $400? That's some great profit margin.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 08:58 AM   #4606
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
$1931 US Dollars?!!! 10 months ago you could buy a complete high end system for that.

Cost to make that card costs what, $400? That's some great profit margin.
Even today you can buy a high end system for cheaper than this. The prices of the 3090s are ridiculous. I couldn't find anything that is less than $2000 locally.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 09:25 AM   #4607
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA 24GB PCI-E
https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114155

It says only 2 x 8-pin PCI-E power connectors on their website but all others including EVGA says 3 of them.
My power supply is a Coolermaster Masterwatt 750 and says it does 4 x 8 pin connections with 2 outputs from the PSU. My 1080Ti is using one of those that splits into 2 x 6+2 cables.

That means I can get another one of those cables and use just 1 end or I can get a cable that goes 8 to 8 (6+2 or whatever).

Does any think this will work alright? I will talk to the computer guys when I go to pick up my card but was wondering in the meantime what you guys think.

Congrats but I also suggest you get a better PSU.

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:15 AM   #4608
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So you can fry stuff inside if you don't have enough power to run everything? I thought maybe it would just shut down or freeze or something.

I'll most likely grab the card and get a better power supply and get them installed later. I'm not sure I'm into changing the power supply and reconnecting all the things up as I am not into building PC's, just changing certain components.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:29 AM   #4609
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

It's definitely smart to change the power supply, but would hate to see you wait on a card like that.

If you do get a power supply and are hesitant to install it, I mean...feel free to start a thread on it and any questions you have with pictures. Myself and many other members on the board are more than willing to help out if you need it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:59 AM   #4610
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:02 PM   #4611
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
So you can fry stuff inside if you don't have enough power to run everything? I thought maybe it would just shut down or freeze or something.

I'll most likely grab the card and get a better power supply and get them installed later. I'm not sure I'm into changing the power supply and reconnecting all the things up as I am not into building PC's, just changing certain components.
Most likely the PC would reboot or shut down if you have a high power draw that the PSU can't supply but if the PSU overloads it could fry mobo and GPU.

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:05 PM   #4612
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

iBuyPower got all my parts together, including a RTX 3080 and Ryzen 3600x. I looked at getting the 3950x, but the reports of waiting times were crazy.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:06 PM   #4613
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
iBuyPower got all my parts together, including a RTX 3080 and Ryzen 3600x. I looked at getting the 3950x, but the reports of waiting times were crazy.
Solid combo.

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:25 PM   #4614
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Ooof, there are some pretty good gains with that extra memory.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:34 PM   #4615
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

750watt PSU and a 3090 is asking for trouble
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 01:47 PM   #4616
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
750watt PSU and a 3090 is asking for trouble
Yeah, 3080 would be OK (without UBER BIOS) but 3090 is really pushing it.

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:07 PM   #4617
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

So I got that 3090 EVGA card and I picked up this power supply.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX75508
Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:08 PM   #4618
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
So I got that 3090 EVGA card and I picked up this power supply.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX75508
You don't mess around, solid PSU.

What's your 8700K clocked at? You may see same or worse performance with 3600X.

yoz
Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:10 PM   #4619
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:

As Acroig has said most likely you will get BSOD's and random shutdowns rather than frying your PSU.

I've been there, done that got the tee shirt as they say. I bought Vega 64 and installed it using my Thermaltake 700W PSU which was supposed to be OK but got all the issues I mentioned above. Had to buy an FSP 850 Hydro PSU and that fixed it and it's great with my RTX 3090 too. Get a new PSU you won't regret it although your wallet might
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:26 PM   #4620
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Get a new PSU you won't regret it although your wallet might
I did get a new PSU as well silly buns. See above.