Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Maybe they are extremely conservative, like the VW GTI and Golf R’s in terms of tuning. The only problem I can see going forward is that the car appears to be quite light, which is going to cause problems as the power ramps up. Putting down 340 to the wheels out of the factory with no tune would be pretty damn good, all things considered.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #152
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

It's not terribly far off from the Z4 specs, which is what the motor is from. Not sure why it's much of a surprise. A little under rated, like most BMW's.

If the 1/4 mile times Car and Driver quoted are true ([email protected] 3350lbs), then it lines up exactly with the dyno numbers. Dyno's can be quite a bit off depending on calibration and settings, but the drag pass numbers don't lie. If the 1/4mi pass is true, the power numbers are spot on.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #153
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Only two things are keeping this from an insta buy for me. First, I do want to see what the C8 will look like as well as specs and pricing. Second, lack of manual. I already have the Jag in flappy paddles. If I get another flappy paddle car while I have the Jag, the 4C is at the top of the list.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Today, 08:27 AM   #154
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #155
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Not surprised its power is underrated, BMW has been doing that for years, especially on turbo cars.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote