Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 8, 2019, 09:47 AM   #1261
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Wow, those screenshots are gorgeous. Almost like an xbone/ps4 game!
Nintendo has a knack for utilizing their hardware to the best of its ability, in combination with some amazing artwork/artstyle to get that visual quality.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:13 AM   #1262
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Nintendo has a knack for utilizing their hardware to the best of its ability, in combination with some amazing artwork/artstyle to get that visual quality.
Yup, Nintendo's art direction is the best. Just played some Mario Galaxy with my kids last night, and I'm continually impressed by it. I've seen youtube videos of people playing it in emulators at 4k, and it scales amazing well too! Most Nintendo games do, really.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:31 AM   #1263
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Yup, Nintendo's art direction is the best. Just played some Mario Galaxy with my kids last night, and I'm continually impressed by it. I've seen youtube videos of people playing it in emulators at 4k, and it scales amazing well too! Most Nintendo games do, really.
yeah theres a surprising level of detail with the Nintendo assets to begin with that you just don't see or notice on the consoles, but gets exposed once emulated at a higher resolution.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2019, 05:04 PM   #1264
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Any opinions on a Switch V1 vs a Switch V2? Black Friday is coming up and I think i'll be picking up a switch at this time...but the upcoming MK8 + Switch bundle is going to be bundled with the Switch v1 (its basically a recycled last years switch bundle).

I can't see it being any different to me one way or another, but I think I would prefer the better battery life and the more efficient/cooler running console docked.

It'll be a much easier decision if this was the theoretical Switch Pro vs a Switch V1 or V2.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 05:34 PM   #1265
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

If youre ever thinking about docking it(playing it on a tv) get OG switch. If not go with the new one.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:29 AM   #1266
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Get the original switch, not the lite. That way if you get joycon drift you aren't totally ****ed and can replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:46 AM   #1267
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Any opinions on a Switch V1 vs a Switch V2? Black Friday is coming up and I think i'll be picking up a switch at this time...but the upcoming MK8 + Switch bundle is going to be bundled with the Switch v1 (its basically a recycled last years switch bundle).

I can't see it being any different to me one way or another, but I think I would prefer the better battery life and the more efficient/cooler running console docked.

It'll be a much easier decision if this was the theoretical Switch Pro vs a Switch V1 or V2.
Do they still sell the v1?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:54 AM   #1268
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Do they still sell the v1?
As far as I know the standalone units have all been replaced with the V2, but it seems like the bundles still come with the v1 (or at least this upcoming MK8 bundle does....)
Aside from the bundle I think any v1 units that get sold are just leftover inventory (also seems to be higher priced for some reason....)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:04 PM   #1269
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Didnt they stop manufacturing V1s because of piracy? Id wager there are basically no new ones out there. Probably a few on the secondhand front.

Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:17 PM   #1270
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Personally I'd probably prefer trying to get a newer Switch (non-lite version) for the better battery life.

Unless you'll mainly be playing with it docked, then battery life wont really matter.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:48 AM   #1271
logical
What is my purpose?

Pokemon just about out for the pokemon fans.

Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:51 AM   #1272
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

I'll probably just jump on the bundle and not think too hard about the v1 vs v2 switch revisions. Its going to be docked most of the time so im not going to benefit from any extra battery life. Plus I highly doubt i'll have any games with heavy graphics (that's what my PC will be for)

The switch is expensive so saving some cash in anyway helps more than extra battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Pokemon just about out for the pokemon fans.
They're offering sword/shield 2 packs....I don't think I ever seen that happen before with previous games.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:02 AM   #1273
logical
What is my purpose?

Anything to make money It started it up and its probably one of the best looking Pokemon games that I can remember and have played. I wont be getting into it soon because Im not in the mood for a grindy game. Going to dive into Luigis Mansion first.

Old Nov 17, 2019, 07:09 PM   #1274
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Picked up fire emblem a week back. Really enjoying it so far. Definitely surpassed my expectations.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 09:02 AM   #1275
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My wife is loving the new Pokemon. I've never bothered with those games, but she can't stop playing it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:20 AM   #1276
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My wife is loving the new Pokemon. I've never bothered with those games, but she can't stop playing it.
Its a good looking pokemon game too. I havent played it and probably wont just cause I dont think I am in the mood for the usual grind. My wife has been playing it and she just got to the salon where you can customize your character a bit She loves customization.