Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:22 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It was pretty much a comedy...which is what sucked about it. I immediately cringed at the scene when Arnold walked into the mens strip club and told them to remove their clothes. Ok, funny sort of, but that broke all tension and seriousness the movie had or was going to have from then on and set the wrong tone.
Yup. T3 as a near-comedy made me really want them to lean full-in for the sequel. It's why I always wished Terminator 4 would have had John Connor played by Jack Black, and the terminator played by Mr. Bean. That would have deserved a whole bunch of sequels!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:31 AM   #122
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Guess I had low expectations for T3 because I enjoyed it for what it was and never thought it was going to come close to T1 and T2. With Cameron not involved I just assumed it was going to be a different thing.

For me that one was kind of the crossroads in the series where it could have went a few different ways. I was really, really hoping they would finally next go where I always wanted them to take the Terminator series - into the future war against the machines exactly like what they always showed in those flash forward scenes in T1 and T2. With Terminator Salvation I had high hopes for it that they were starting a trilogy of future war films but sadly that fizzled out and they just went back to rehashing the old formula. They have just really lost their way with the series and totally mismanaged it, and apparently with this new film not being received very well seems its now too far gone.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 01:07 PM   #123
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Brings Franchise Crashing Down as $100 Million Box Office Bomb

Neither Linda Hamilton nor James Cameron's long-awaited returns to the "Terminator" franchise will save "Dark Fate" from being a box office disaster.

Following the disastrous opening of Paramount’s “Gemini Man” in October, the studio got its second major fall release box office bomb this weekend with the dismal opening of “Terminator: Dark Fate.” The new Paramount release had been projected to open in the $40 million ballpark but only grossed $29 million in the U.S. and $102 million oversees, a sign the film’s international box office won’t be enough to save it. Despite solid reviews and the highly-touted returns of James Cameron and Linda Hamilton to the franchise, “Dark Fate” barely opened higher than 2015’s despised “Terminator Genisys” (a $27 million start in the U.S.).

“Dark Fate” cost $185 million to produce. Variety reports the movie’s marketing and distribution budget was in the $80 million and $100 million range, which means the movie would have to gross in the $450 million range in order to turn a profit. For comparison, “Genisys” tapped out at $440 million worldwide in 2015 after opening in the same margin. Box office analysts tell Variety “Dark Fate” is heading to a final worldwide gross between $180 million and $200 million, which would result in a loss of $100 million or more.

Source: Indiewire

Woke, broke, you know the story.

Edit:
Also if it bombs like this, good night sweet prince - we won't see another Terminator for a decade or two.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 5, 2019, 01:19 PM   #124
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Good riddance I say.
They have constantly just tried to remake the first one, over and over, and over, and over.......

Change the fricking plot by now. Move past one terminator goes back to kill someone before they can (blank), but a protector has been sent back as well...
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 01:58 PM   #125
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Good riddance I say.
They have constantly just tried to remake the first one, over and over, and over, and over.......

Change the fricking plot by now. Move past one terminator goes back to kill someone before they can (blank), but a protector has been sent back as well...
Salvation tried to move the needle towards the future war but I think the combination of poor ideas (I believe they wanted to make Marcus the focal point of the movie) and flawed execution kind of messed it up.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 02:04 PM   #126
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Salvation tried to move the needle towards the future war but I think the combination of poor ideas (I believe they wanted to make Marcus the focal point of the movie) and flawed execution kind of messed it up.
On Terminator Salvation:

First half was great. The problem was they turned the last half into action non-sense instead of carrying through what they started. Also, they revealed Marcus as a robot too early... I think they could have ended the movie with that revelation instead of killing him. The heart transplant thing was stupid too.

I think one of the biggest problems is that the first half of the movie is setting up for a slow-burn through the war against the robots, and then they suddenly hatch a plan to end the war tomorrow... kindof throws the pacing and scale way off. Actually alot of the terminator movies fail that way, as they can't decide whether they are stand-alone movies or trying to set up a whole new trilogy... those two goals are very much at odds with each other.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Nov 5, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 07:16 PM   #127
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Brings Franchise Crashing Down as $100 Million Box Office Bomb

Neither Linda Hamilton nor James Cameron's long-awaited returns to the "Terminator" franchise will save "Dark Fate" from being a box office disaster.

Following the disastrous opening of Paramount’s “Gemini Man” in October, the studio got its second major fall release box office bomb this weekend with the dismal opening of “Terminator: Dark Fate.” The new Paramount release had been projected to open in the $40 million ballpark but only grossed $29 million in the U.S. and $102 million oversees, a sign the film’s international box office won’t be enough to save it. Despite solid reviews and the highly-touted returns of James Cameron and Linda Hamilton to the franchise, “Dark Fate” barely opened higher than 2015’s despised “Terminator Genisys” (a $27 million start in the U.S.).

“Dark Fate” cost $185 million to produce. Variety reports the movie’s marketing and distribution budget was in the $80 million and $100 million range, which means the movie would have to gross in the $450 million range in order to turn a profit. For comparison, “Genisys” tapped out at $440 million worldwide in 2015 after opening in the same margin. Box office analysts tell Variety “Dark Fate” is heading to a final worldwide gross between $180 million and $200 million, which would result in a loss of $100 million or more.

Source: Indiewire

Woke, broke, you know the story.

Edit:
Also if it bombs like this, good night sweet prince - we won't see another Terminator for a decade or two.
Guess the audience spoke, woke is a joke.

Either that or they got tired of them screwing around with the timeline again.

Or both.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 07:56 PM   #128
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Guess I had low expectations for T3 because I enjoyed it for what it was and never thought it was going to come close to T1 and T2. With Cameron not involved I just assumed it was going to be a different thing.
I didn't have high expectations for T3, but at least they did not f*ck around with all the different time lines, and actually treated the story with some dignity. The scene with Dr. Silverman at the cemetery and the Terminator carrying a coffin is gold

These (last two) new movies have so many retcons and the legacy characters dont have the same impact. This new movie literally ERASES everything leading up to it afaik. I thought Salvation was at least passable... The end is kindda dumb...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:19 AM   #129
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What is this woke thing you gays speak of?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:19 AM   #130
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What is this woke thing you gays speak of?
if you have to ask, you're clearly not woke.

Its some equal rights bullcrap. In this case of Terminator, "Females are strong too they must be portrayed! LGBQ needs to be represented!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Guess the audience spoke, woke is a joke.

Either that or they got tired of them screwing around with the timeline again.

Or both.
Likely both...….All this woke nonsense never seems to send the message they want....because its not a message that needs to be sent...but for whatever reason they think "the man" is always holding them back.

And aside from yet another recycled story that happened the previous 3 or 4 times already, fans are actually pissed off at that one thing that happens.

Last edited by Sasquach : Nov 6, 2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:34 AM   #131
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I didn't have high expectations for T3, but at least they did not f*ck around with all the different time lines, and actually treated the story with some dignity. The scene with Dr. Silverman at the cemetery and the Terminator carrying a coffin is gold

These (last two) new movies have so many retcons and the legacy characters dont have the same impact. This new movie literally ERASES everything leading up to it afaik. I thought Salvation was at least passable... The end is kindda dumb...
I think you and I have pretty similar thoughts on movies, and similar tastes as well.

Yeah, I remember Cameron saying something about this movie basically ignores all Terminator films after T2. But you're right, too much ret-conning in this series.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:48 PM   #132
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
if you have to ask, you're clearly not woke.

Its some equal rights bullcrap. In this case of Terminator, "Females are strong too they must be portrayed! LGBQ needs to be represented!!!"
I'm woke that people are using woke way too much now... are you woke on woke?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2019, 03:17 PM   #133
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I'm woke that people are using woke way too much now... are you woke on woke?
So much woke.
But not woke enough.

We have to get woker!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:11 PM   #134
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
So much woke.
But not woke enough.

We have to get woker!
My whole attitude on this is completely woken.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:10 AM   #135
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Wait, so the short-haired blonde chick is LGBTQLMNOP? How does that logically play into the story? I have no intention of seeing this movie, so I don't mind spoilers, but put them inside tags please.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:33 AM   #136
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Wait, so the short-haired blonde chick is LGBTQLMNOP? How does that logically play into the story? I have no intention of seeing this movie, so I don't mind spoilers, but put them inside tags please.
ive been reading a bunch of reviews and some user comments and this seems to be a common theme and made me laugh my ass off

Skynet saysnot our skynet)
NOVEMBER 5, 2019 AT 5:56 AM
I guess nobody wanted to see the Cyberdyke Systems LGBT-1000 and a 70 year old Linda Hamilton team up in a heavily played out franchise. Go to Amazon and buy the “Sarah Connor Chronicles” DVD set instead for a feminist retelling of the tale without the obnoxious 2019 liberal wokeness and misandry.

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-of...ticle-comments
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:37 AM   #137
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
ive been reading a bunch of reviews and some user comments and this seems to be a common theme and made me laugh my ass off

Skynet saysnot our skynet)
NOVEMBER 5, 2019 AT 5:56 AM
I guess nobody wanted to see the Cyberdyke Systems LGBT-1000 and a 70 year old Linda Hamilton team up in a heavily played out franchise. Go to Amazon and buy the “Sarah Connor Chronicles” DVD set instead for a feminist retelling of the tale without the obnoxious 2019 liberal wokeness and misandry.

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-of...ticle-comments
LOL. I honestly don't mind racial or sexual diversity in movies, but it has to feel natural within the plot, not forced just to tick a box on some woke checklist. I gave up watching Designated Survivor season 3 for that very reason.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:40 AM   #138
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
LOL. I honestly don't mind racial or sexual diversity in movies, but it has to feel natural within the plot, not forced just to tick a box on some woke checklist. I gave up watching Designated Survivor season 3 for that very reason.
This!!, Lara Croft never bothered me but boy did dad and I give up on Designated Survivor after they killed off Magi Q and added in the the woke in Season 3
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:48 AM   #139
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I refuse to watch any movie that forces agendas. I thought about seeing Dark Fate until I watched this video

SPOILERS

Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 04:07 PM   #140
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Hah, I resisted looking at this thread before I watched the movie. Not disappointed.

Please bear with the ranting. Minor spoilers perhaps.

I don't quite get your beef about the "woke" thing, but that movie doesn't work. Period. I saw someone mention the TFA of the Terminator franchise, that's well put. Except it's that (unimaginative, etc.) AND uber cringy. And a rehash of everything interesting in the previous movies (plot, plot devices, gimmicks, fuel cells, boosted humans, aging Terminators, etc.). Jokes fall flat for the most part. Bringing back Linda Hamilton serves no real purpose, except to defeat the "mother of the savior" thingy. I feel that's what they wanted to make the movie all about, but the scene has no depth at all. Meanwhile poor Arnie is reduced to passing beers around.

All in all I don't think I've ever exited a movie theater feeling like I had wasted my time, before this one.

Genisys has gotten much flak and is not "great", granted, the cast doesn't measure up to the originals, but it's an interesting take. It's hardly as bad this one and it's actually fun.

Last edited by Ryo-Ohki : Nov 8, 2019 at 04:13 PM.
Ryo-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote