Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 5, 2018, 06:49 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've come full circle from android (3 notes that all died around the two year mark) to apple back to android on an Essential.

I love Android, my camera sucks lol, so if I got a decent break on an S9 I just might bite. The S8 is pretty sweet, preferable to the PH1, but pricier so not just yet.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 09:26 PM   #32
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I've come full circle from android (3 notes that all died around the two year mark) to apple back to android on an Essential.

I love Android, my camera sucks lol, so if I got a decent break on an S9 I just might bite. The S8 is pretty sweet, preferable to the PH1, but pricier so not just yet.
You still on Nougat? My camera has been pretty nice since Oreo beta, now they're on 8.1 beta.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:56 AM   #33
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet. I just preordered an S9. I've been leasing an S7 with the ability to upgrade to the newest Samsung phone every 12 months. I didn't upgrade to the S8 because I really like the size and layout of the S7. I've been holding on the the S7 as long as I can but it's time to let it go. It'll take some getting used to the taller phone without a physical home button, but I guess there's no time like the present to start getting used to it. Plus, my lease payment dropped $2/mo.

One nitpick. Why can't they make a phone with ALL the same features of the S9+ with the smaller S9 body? (Specifically the extra lens on the camera and 2 extra gigs of memory) I'd gladly pay the S9+ price if I could get all of it's features without having to have a gargantuan phone. Not all of us want to walk around with a freaking tablet in our pocket.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 6, 2018, 05:15 AM   #34
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
You still on Nougat? My camera has been pretty nice since Oreo beta, now they're on 8.1 beta.
Yeah still on Nougat.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:25 PM   #35
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I'm seriously pondering the Note 9 straight from Samsung, unlocked (once released).
Verizon locks things down so tightly, and adds so much bloat, and added 100$ to the S9 price. Insane...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2018, 04:13 PM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I'm seriously pondering the Note 9 straight from Samsung, unlocked (once released).
Verizon locks things down so tightly, and adds so much bloat, and added 100$ to the S9 price. Insane...
That's just not right. It's pricey enough as is.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 07:49 PM   #37
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My wife has an S7 Edge, I love it. I would like to switch to this new one, but man I just have so many iOS only games/apps that I bought and use that, I can’t make the switch at this point. This release being lackluster kind of out the nail in that coffin. I will probably just upgrade to the next iPhone again.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2018, 09:09 PM   #38
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
My wife has an S7 Edge, I love it. I would like to switch to this new one, but man I just have so many iOS only games/apps that I bought and use that, I can’t make the switch at this point. This release being lackluster kind of out the nail in that coffin. I will probably just upgrade to the next iPhone again.
You gonna be stuck with iPhones forever. I'm too heavily invested in Apple's apps ecosystem is the number 1 excuse to not switch to anything else.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2018, 09:26 PM   #39
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
You gonna be stuck with iPhones forever. I'm too heavily invested in Apple's apps ecosystem is the number 1 excuse to not switch to anything else.
I was in for ...way too much. Until I picked up a new Android phone recently. Apple went bye bye real fast after that lol.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 09:49 PM   #40
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't see myself ever straying from Samsung now, possibly for the Google variant if they didn't **** up the screen so bad this time around. The screens and cameras are almost impossible to beat on Samsung. I've gotten to used to the great low light photos on my S7 Edge to ever go for anything else now. The S9 and Note 9 will likely be even better.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2018, 06:51 AM   #41
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
there's still bluestacks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:53 AM   #42
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Google Rewards app man.
Free google play cash for quick little reviews based on where you've been.
"Oh, you went to Game Stop? How did you pay? Here's $0.50."

Adds up pretty quickly, at this point I've earned over 70$ to spend on apps.
(And half of what I bought in ios I never need in android anyway, or had finished using the app years ago).

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Mar 8, 2018, 09:14 AM   #43
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just got notice that my S9 has shipped.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
Old Mar 8, 2018, 09:37 AM   #44
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The only source for camera comparisons just posted the S9+ vs iPhone X:

5 seconds in I can tell the S9+ is going to destroy it just based on how shitty the from facing camera on the X is in comparison.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:08 AM   #45
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
The only source for camera comparisons just posted the S9+ vs iPhone X:

5 seconds in I can tell the S9+ is going to destroy it just based on how shitty the from facing camera on the X is in comparison.
Id hope that the S9+ should win because it is newer. Front facing cameras are always **** on most phones and the S9 takes the edge here because it is newer(dont know about specs).

Rear view camera is basically the same except for low light because of the better aperture on the S9 IMO. Samsung has always been known for over saturating their pictures so it seems to give "more color"

4k video on the S9 is clearly choppier. Its especially noticeable over that lake shot where it just seems to jitter around. That video is not acceptable IMO. Hopefully Samsung can fix that in a firmware update.

The slow mo is cool in terms of pure frames but what Saf doesnt say that the S9 can only do this for half a second so unless youre really setting up a shot its really useless.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:18 AM   #46
A2597
A Peculiar Person

I kinda disagree about this being a minor upgrade, because it has big improvements in some key areas.

Better display
Better Battery life (~30 minutes)
Far better camera
Far better speakers (Stereo Speakers, finally!)
Better Performance (~25% improvement, that's not trivial)
Iris Scanner
Better fingerprint sensor location

Honestly, I feel like most of this is lost because of the terrible animoji fluff.
Obviously if you have an S8 it's not a massive upgrade, but then again, you are not part of the 2 year upgrade cycle target market. For an S7 user, this is a serious upgrade.

Quote:
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:39 AM   #47
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Id hope that the S9+ should win because it is newer. Front facing cameras are always **** on most phones and the S9 takes the edge here because it is newer(dont know about specs).

Rear view camera is basically the same except for low light because of the better aperture on the S9 IMO. Samsung has always been known for over saturating their pictures so it seems to give "more color"

4k video on the S9 is clearly choppier. Its especially noticeable over that lake shot where it just seems to jitter around. That video is not acceptable IMO. Hopefully Samsung can fix that in a firmware update.

The slow mo is cool in terms of pure frames but what Saf doesnt say that the S9 can only do this for half a second so unless youre really setting up a shot its really useless.

He mentioned in in an earlier video. It's supposed to detect movement in a user defined area so it's not that hard to set up from the few I've seen.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:42 AM   #48
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I kinda disagree about this being a minor upgrade, because it has big improvements in some key areas.

Better display
Far better camera
Iris Scanner

Honestly, I feel like most of this is lost because of the terrible animoji fluff.
Obviously if you have an S8 it's not a massive upgrade, but then again, you are not part of the 2 year upgrade cycle target market. For an S7 user, this is a serious upgrade.
Most of those things are glossed over because they are standard fare for a new phone. Its accepted that baseline a new phone should have a better display, faster cpu, and better battery life off of the bat. People look at whats new rather than whats been improved.

Thats why apple usually wins when marketing to its audience... they always pick one or two new features for their phone and drill that into peoples heads.

Didnt the S8 have an iris scanner? If so the only thing new is animojis added. I thought S8s had dual speakers already too? Surprising Samsung is late to the game with a feature like that. Everything else is just incremental.

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:47 AM   #49
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
He mentioned in in an earlier video. It's supposed to detect movement in a user defined area so it's not that hard to set up from the few I've seen.
Yeah but in real world scenarios most people are not setting up shots. I use super slow mo on the iPhone to capture my dog most of the time. I record and just trim out what I need that way I never miss something. It would be super impressive if the s9 could continuously record like that but it doesnt. IMO its a great novelty feature but not really useful for day to day users.

I watched another preview of the S9(I forgot which one) but the guy said he took multiple takes to try and get his sample video. Multiple takes is just not acceptable for spur of the moment shots which are what phone cameras are for.

On the other hand it still does slow-mo on par with iPhone so its still great at 240fps which in most cases is more than enough frames to slow down time. So I guess its nice to have a novelty feature thrown in even if it isnt practical in most situations.

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:49 AM   #50
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Yeah but in real world scenarios most people are not setting up shots. I use super slow mo on the iPhone to capture my dog most of the time. I record and just trim out what I need that way I never miss something. It would be super impressive if the s9 could continuously record like that but it doesnt. IMO its a great novelty feature but not really useful for day to day users.

I watched another preview of the S9(I forgot which one) but the guy said he took multiple takes to try and get his sample video. Multiple takes is just not acceptable for spur of the moment shots which are what phone cameras are for.
Most people don't use any slow motion things for day to day shots regardless. So the higher slow mo may be more of a novelty, but that's why the other setting is there too.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:52 AM   #51
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Most people don't use any slow motion things for day to day shots regardless. So the higher slow mo may be more of a novelty, but that's why the other setting is there too.
I dont know, you would be surprised about the usage of slow-mo video by people. Most people who I have seen use it are people who are not so tech savvy. I work at a school and a lot of the kids use it on their phones surprisingly.

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:53 AM   #52
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

My point was, that the improvements over the S8 (!) wouldn't justify the price they're asking for. Of course it's a "big upgrade" for someone coming from an older phone.

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:54 AM   #53
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Girls should use it to record their boobs

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:35 PM   #54
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

On the other hand it still does slow-mo on par with iPhone so its still great at 240fps which in most cases is more than enough frames to slow down time. So I guess its nice to have a novelty feature thrown in even if it isnt practical in most situations.
It's only a novelty if it's not on the Iphone. If it's on the Iphone it's a must have feature.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:43 PM   #55
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

The S9 video does look choppy in his video, however I've seen a bunch of other 4k videos from the S9 that aren't choppy at all. I would imagine he did something wrong when editing his video.

Speaking of unacceptable video, why does the iphone 4k footage look blury? It doesn't even look like 4k. Look at the ground where there is no snow at the 1 minuteish mark. It has NO detail whatsoever. That also has to be something he's doing during the creation of his video right?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:31 AM   #56
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
It's only a novelty if it's not on the Iphone. If it's on the Iphone it's a must have feature.
Id say .2 seconds of footage at 720p that only works with great lighting is pretty novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
The S9 video does look choppy in his video, however I've seen a bunch of other 4k videos from the S9 that aren't choppy at all. I would imagine he did something wrong when editing his video.

Speaking of unacceptable video, why does the iphone 4k footage look blury? It doesn't even look like 4k. Look at the ground where there is no snow at the 1 minuteish mark. It has NO detail whatsoever. That also has to be something he's doing during the creation of his video right?
I dont think hes doing anything to mess with the framerates. Cause they are consistent throughout.

On the 4k video, looks like how its processed. If youre talking sharpness it seems that Samsung processes their videos with more sharpness. In terms of video Id like the image a little softer(what I do with my drone and camera) so that when I post and decide to sharpen it doesnt look over sharpened.

Old Mar 9, 2018, 04:39 AM   #57
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Mr.Mobile did some caparison shots to the Pixel 2 XL at the 3min 45sec mark. In his opinion, he liked how the Pixel 2 XL's images came out comparatively.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:41 AM   #58
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

The S9+ clearly has the edge in this comparison overall.
However, besides chalking it up to just being "newer" tech, the Note 8 even bests the iPhone X in video recording, here is a clear-cut case of Samsung crushing Apple, and in particular, note the Twitter link comparison video further below:

Galaxy Note 8 crushes iPhone X and Pixel 2 in OIS video recording comparison

This is Samsung being night and day better than Apple:
one thing I couldn't make space for in my camera piece is this little comparison here. The note 8 eats some kinds of vibrations for lunch
The iPhone X is a shaky and blurry mess in this comparison, whereas the Note8 appears to be unfazed.

I would imagine that the S9 and S9+ will benefit from the same camera advancements featured in the Note8 along with further improvements.

Last edited by somewon : Mar 9, 2018 at 06:16 PM.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2018, 05:30 PM   #59
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:

Better display
Far better camera
Iris Scanner

Better Display - No it's not it's the same.
Far better camera - who cares it's a phone and I use DSLR if I want real photos.
Far better speakers - Couldn't care less I only play my music through my car stereo.
Better performance - 25% who says?? Does it really matter??
Iris scanner - My S8 has one and I've never used it so again who cares?
Better fingerprint location - Never had a problem with my S8 fingerprint location.

All in all it's a worthless upgrade from the S8 and if you have a S7 or earlier you can get some great deals on the S8. Much ado about nothing really.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:40 PM   #60
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
The S9+ clearly has the edge in this comparison overall.
However, besides chalking it up to just being "newer" tech, the Note 8 even bests the iPhone X in video recording, here is a clear-cut case of Samsung crushing Apple, and in particular, note the Twitter link comparison video further below:

Galaxy Note 8 crushes iPhone X and Pixel 2 in OIS video recording comparison

This is Samsung being night and day better than Apple:
one thing I couldn't make space for in my camera piece is this little comparison here. The note 8 eats some kinds of vibrations for lunch
The iPhone X is a shaky and blurry mess in this comparison, whereas the Note8 appears to be unfazed.

I would imagine that the S9 and S9+ will benefit from the same camera advancements featured in the Note8 along with further improvements.
Yeah its pretty clear the Samsung devices are using some pretty heavy screen stabilization and Apple is not.