Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

Default I hate subscription based pricing!

Just ranting here. I regularly use uTorrent and Teamviewer, and I would love to purchase both of them if they offered an option for a single purchase instead of subscription. I understand subscription model for stuff like Office, but can't justify it for uTorrent or Teamviewer, so I just use free versions and deal with the ads.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 04:09 AM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Get rid of µTorrent and grab yourself qBittorrent. https://www.qbittorrent.org/

µTorrent was great about 3 years ago. RIP

But yes, I hate subscription models for purchasing software. That's why I still have quite a bit of old software that still works pretty well.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 08:02 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Luckily there are still free/open source alternatives to most subscription apps.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:08 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Get rid of µTorrent and grab yourself qBittorrent. https://www.qbittorrent.org/

µTorrent was great about 3 years ago. RIP

But yes, I hate subscription models for purchasing software. That's why I still have quite a bit of old software that still works pretty well.

andino is offline   Reply With Quote