Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 26, 2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Samsung S9

Exciting or no? Looks like a yawn-worthy incremental upgrade to me, but maybe I’m missing something. Thoughts?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2018, 07:22 PM   #2
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Exciting or no? Looks like a yawn-worthy incremental upgrade to me, but maybe I’m missing something. Thoughts?
Don't you have an iPhone?
I signed up for pre order, but I have an S8 we'll see.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Don't you have an iPhone?
I signed up for pre order, but I have an S8 we'll see.
I do, but I'm always interested in what's being released on both sides of the OS aisle.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2018, 07:41 PM   #4
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice, I am not sure if I will upgrade I can get up to half off so we will see. i do like my s8 but I do like newer tech as well even if it doesn't mean too much change.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 03:29 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

too pricey for what you get, but well, some people always buy everything if it's "new". It's not a bad phone per se, of course, but almost 900 bucks is a bit beyond (for me).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2018, 02:32 PM   #6
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
too pricey for what you get, but well, some people always buy everything if it's "new". It's not a bad phone per se, of course, but almost 900 bucks is a bit beyond (for me).
I don't know if they have this in your area, but many mobile phone service companies here in the US offer "leasing" of phones. It's for those that want to trade up their phones as new revisions are released.

With that, I'm sure two S9's will be in my house shortly as my wife and daughter do that... I'm too lazy to change phones out so often so I wait until I either break or cannot use my current phone before changing.... Even then, I rarely get the top of the line phones any more.. I don't use all the capabilities to make it worth it for me.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2018, 02:39 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'll never buy a Samsung phone again, so big nope from me.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2018, 04:31 PM   #8
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

S7/S8/S9 are all among best phone for my needs so far..
3.5mm jack - Check
Quality camera - Check
FM Radio - Check
Qi wireless Charging - Check
IP67/68 (waterproof) - Check
SD Card - Check

My only issues are lack of removable battery.. meaning after 2 years, about how long battery lasts, your screwed and need a new phone, Google Assist/Bixbi all pale in comparison to Cortana with regard to Voice interaction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I'll never buy a Samsung phone again, so big nope from me.
I'm leaning towards S8/S8+ seeing as Nokia failed to deliver
What sort of issue you have with Samsung ? What model ?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 04:34 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
S7/S8/S9 are all among best phone for my needs so far..
3.5mm jack - Check
Quality camera - Check
FM Radio - Check
Qi wireless Charging - Check
IP67/68 (waterproof) - Check
SD Card - Check

My only issues are lack of removable battery.. meaning after 2 years, about how long battery lasts, your screwed and need a new phone, Google Assist/Bixbi all pale in comparison to Cortana with regard to Voice interaction..

I'm leaning towards S8/S8+ seeing as Nokia failed to deliver
What sort of issue you have with Samsung ? What model ?
Every Samsung I ever owned was junk, and they were top of the line at the time. Note 5 was the last straw, I won't give them my money.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 04:49 PM   #10
Rummy
Radeon R700

Quote:
Every Samsung I ever owned was junk, and they were top of the line at the time. Note 5 was the last straw, I won't give them my money.
What do you mean by junk? So vague.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 04:51 PM   #11
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like Samsung phones. They had real good integration with various social networks without having to download junk from the Playstore (and find ones that aren't data stealing apps).

However, they are always bloated with stuff you can't remove (without rooting it).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 05:53 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
What do you mean by junk? So vague.
I've posted more than enough on here about Samsung devices I've owned, don't feel like rehashing with a point by point for such crap phones.

I think this says it all... I used to be hardcore anti-Apple. The Note 5 was bad enough I replaced it with an iPhone 6s+.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 02:41 AM   #13
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I don't know if they have this in your area, but many mobile phone service companies here in the US offer "leasing" of phones. It's for those that want to trade up their phones as new revisions are released.

With that, I'm sure two S9's will be in my house shortly as my wife and daughter do that... I'm too lazy to change phones out so often so I wait until I either break or cannot use my current phone before changing.... Even then, I rarely get the top of the line phones any more.. I don't use all the capabilities to make it worth it for me.

they do that over here too, you still would have to pay around 450 bucks ON TOP of that. For that miniscule differences between the S8 and the S9 i wouldn't pay that, but as i said, it's just my personal view on it. What i really like about the Samsung is the brilliant display but i hate the UI for some reason. Also all the friggin bloatware

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 02:52 AM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Variable aperture is the only interesting thing to me. I'd like to see how that performs in reviews later on. That will be a nice thing for apple to steal for the next iPhone.

The 900fps 720p video with a second of footage is interesting too if not gimmicky.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 03:46 PM   #15
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Far from junk.

I've tried offerings from Huawei, Apple, HTC, LG, and a few others over the years, but keep coming back to Samsung.

IMHO, nothing out there is comparable to the Note 8 in terms of overall capabilities and feature-set.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 04:42 PM   #16
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
I've posted more than enough on here about Samsung devices I've owned, don't feel like rehashing with a point by point for such crap phones.

I think this says it all... I used to be hardcore anti-Apple. The Note 5 was bad enough I replaced it with an iPhone 6s+.
The biggest complaint I hear about their phone was the software. Samsung made a lot of good software improvements on their galaxy s8 line. The phone no longer slows down over time. People find this very hard believe when I say that. I have no idea what people are about when they say Samsung's phone lags and crashes.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Last edited by 0091/2 : Feb 28, 2018 at 08:32 PM.
0091/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 07:24 PM   #17
Rummy
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
The biggest complaint I hear about their phone was the software. Samsung made a lot of good software improvements on their galaxy s8 line. The phone no longer slows down over time. People finds this very hard believe when I say that. I have no idea what people are about when they Samsung's phone lags and crashes.
Yeah pretty lame. I have had a Galaxy since the S5 and never had problems.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 07:34 PM   #18
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
The biggest complaint I hear about their phone was the software. Samsung made a lot of good software improvements on their galaxy s8 line. The phone no longer slows down over time. People finds this very hard believe when I say that. I have no idea what people are about when they Samsung's phone lags and crashes.
My S3 and S5 definitely took some performance hits as the time went on, but... this S8+ has been going strong for a while now and just the other day I realized that I've only restarted the phone a total of 2 or 3 times in about 6 months of ownership and have seldom had slow downs that weren't just a result of some shitty networks in the center of swamp land.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 08:34 PM   #19
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Yeah pretty lame. I have had a Galaxy since the S5 and never had problems.
It could be because of the software installed on their phone.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 09:47 PM   #20
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
My S3 and S5 definitely took some performance hits as the time went on, but... this S8+ has been going strong for a while now and just the other day I realized that I've only restarted the phone a total of 2 or 3 times in about 6 months of ownership and have seldom had slow downs that weren't just a result of some shitty networks in the center of swamp land.
What typically happens is that if you are not rooted, the bloatware from the mobile provider keeps increasing over time. I had this problem with Sprint. I track the application size and battery usage and their apps that they loaded (and refused to allow you to uninstall without rooting) kept sucking up more and more of my phone's resources.

I will say this was a few years ago and haven't noticed it as much these days.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 08:28 AM   #21
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I had a Note 3 that bogged down like crazy after about a year. The lag between loading and switching apps was unbearable. Hence why we're now an iPhone house. Still, I miss the stylus, so the Note 8 is calling my name.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 09:49 AM   #22
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

The software difference between the 3 and the 5/7/8 is incredible. My note 5 even after two major OS upgrades hasn't bogged down.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:10 AM   #23
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You don't need to root phones anymore, at least not Samsungs. Package Disabler Pro does all the same stuff Titanium Backup did with freezing and uninstalling every app.

I have had no real issues with my S7 Edge either. I agree the older ones slowed down, this one hasn't. I've still averaging 5 hours of screen time per day as well ad I've had it since launch.

I'll be looking at the Note 9.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:22 PM   #24
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

My S8+ has been simply spectacular so far; really brought me back on board with Samsung. The only downside I've experience is slow updates, but what else is new there.

But I don't see a need to upgrade to the S9; seems just an incremental upgrade like Munkus said
Old Mar 1, 2018, 01:27 PM   #25
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

While things have slowed down on the old Samsung Note 2 as its obviously ancient by smartphone standards, here its still far from useless. Runs everything I need and knowing I have the HW in it for a couple more android updates at least kind of irks me. So stuck on android 4.4.2...

OS upgrade by manufacturer will be seriously looked at when I finally get around to buying a new phone. Considering the prices we pay for them I expect 4 years of support not just 2.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 07:41 AM   #26
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Only the last two Samsung phones I had was a crappy basic flip cell and a Galaxy S2. After those. I now owned iphone 6 and then iphone 7 from now. I'm not interested in upgrading to an X model unless Apple sorted X model out with some revisions or next gen X with no top notch.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:00 PM   #27
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

People still bother about root and bloatware on high end android phones in 2018?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:11 PM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
People still bother about root and bloatware on high end android phones in 2018?
No, that's why I bought my Essential.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:49 AM   #29
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
My Note 5 was pretty solid but it went to pretty useless around the 2 year mark. (so much so, it felt like planned obsolesce). But the S8+ I basically got for about $50 when they came out, and it was hard to pass up the deal. And honestly, it's re-secured my feelings for Samsung... For now. We'll see around the 2 year mark. But a lot of the battery management stuff is really, really good.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:34 PM   #30
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Note 8 here, and while the desire to root will always be there for any hardcore enthusiast/geek for certain features that are otherwise impossible to get to, for 99.9% of the population out there, it would be of no benefit I'd say.

Also, Samsung/Android OS has really improved from a bloatware perspective, and the ability to put apps to sleep or withhold from memory.

Couldn't be happier with this device, and nothing else out there is comparable in terms of overall features and performance.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote