Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Aug 9, 2005, 09:21 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

hello
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:45 PM   #62
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ahoy-hoy fellow folders

My name is Denny, I'm 20 years old and live in the Queen City- Regina Saskatchewan. I've been folding for a little while now, but haven't been putting up many points. I folded on a P4 2.4c, and am now folding on an A64 3500+. I'm currently in premed, and when i head back to university after the break I'm going to see if I can install FAH on the 300+ computers in one of the labs I use. They're primarily used by students who write reports and check email, so hopefully I'll be allowed to. The supervisor is a huuuuuge nerd, so that should work in my favor

Rage's daily producation is looking impressive and we've done some recent passing, so hopefully I'll be able to make a significant contribution in the near future
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 04:07 PM   #63
ragster128
Misanthrope

ragster128 is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up Reporting in Sir!

Ragster128-

I fold just to help... and put the computer to use of course
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 15, 2005, 01:14 PM   #64
DarkPretender
Radeon Volcanic Islands

DarkPretender is still being judged by the masses

DarkPretender reporting in.

Currently a student at Ohio State University for Electrical and Computer Engineering (cannot spell geek without EE). I am currently folding with a A64 2.6ghz (venice 3000+ overclocked) and 2 gigs of ram. However two new computers will soon be added.

A A64 3400+ with 512 of ram and a PIII (yeah I know, but its a computer to fold) with 512 of ram.

Hope thats what you needed!
DarkPretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 02:22 PM   #65
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragster128
Ragster128-

I fold just to help... and put the computer to use of course

Same here.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 02:24 PM   #66
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine
Welcome to the team guys!

I'm assuming you're using the graphical client? Yeah, it has OpenGL issues that are known to cause issues (bump to desktop etc) in Windows. At some point you might want to convert to the console client. All the fun & none of the fuss.
----------
Edit:
I withdraw my comment. I still use graphical client and EMIII, and it says I got 2 hours til WU done.. THats what i like to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.

Last edited by Hyrax : Aug 15, 2005 at 07:13 PM.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:50 PM   #67
SteveSLB73

SteveSLB73 is still being judged by the masses

Brand new user...Decided to fold for Rage3D cause HardOCP was too good to e-mail me registration confimation. I will have one Dual p3 600, 2 1.5 GH AMD, One 2.4 P4 and one 2.8 folding by tomorrow. Hope its a welcome addtion
SteveSLB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:12 PM   #68
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSLB73
Brand new user...Decided to fold for Rage3D cause HardOCP was too good to e-mail me registration confimation. I will have one Dual p3 600, 2 1.5 GH AMD, One 2.4 P4 and one 2.8 folding by tomorrow. Hope its a welcome addtion
W00t! Awesome to see some n00bs bringing some decent folding power to the table
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:50 PM   #69
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Glad to have you here!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 06:52 AM   #70
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Darn, another one who is going to be on threat list

Seriously, welcome. I'm glad to have you among us.
luxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:50 AM   #71
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran
W00t! Awesome to see some n00bs bringing some decent folding power to the table
Hey... I guess my 1600ppd aren't enough for you?

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:57 AM   #72
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
It's more than enough for me since you are about to leave my threat list.

(you are suppose to pass me in 4 days )
luxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 01:29 PM   #73
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor
It's more than enough for me since you are about to leave my threat list.

(you are suppose to pass me in 4 days )
Not bad considering most of my farm is sub 1GHz

Learn more
Old Aug 16, 2005, 06:42 PM   #74
travbrad1001
Radeon R700

travbrad1001 is still being judged by the masses

Hey, i haven't hardly folded at all, but im going to start (right now). Currently I have a Barton [email protected]+ speed, but in a few days i'm getting an X2 3800+. I should get at least 2.4ghz out of it, which would basically be like having TWO A64 4000+ cpus, plus i'll have this 2800+ barton, and i may even start folding with my laptop (2.4ghz P4). That's over 13ghz (equivalent) of processing power, although they won't be running it all the time, esp my laptop since that thing is a POS (HP) and overheats easily

BTW i fold as 'travbrad' not travbrad1001
travbrad1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:29 PM   #75
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by travbrad1001
Hey, i haven't hardly folded at all, but im going to start (right now). Currently I have a Barton [email protected]+ speed, but in a few days i'm getting an X2 3800+. I should get at least 2.4ghz out of it, which would basically be like having TWO A64 4000+ cpus, plus i'll have this 2800+ barton, and i may even start folding with my laptop (2.4ghz P4). That's over 13ghz (equivalent) of processing power, although they won't be running it all the time, esp my laptop since that thing is a POS (HP) and overheats easily

BTW i fold as 'travbrad' not travbrad1001
Awesome! Welcome to Team Rage3D!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:31 PM   #76
Slappy THM
Time Honoured Member

Slappy THM is still being judged by the masses

Slappy THM checking in (but not in time for a shot at that hard drive ).

I chose to fold for the Team Rage3D as a way to give something back to the Rage3D community & crew. Currently I've got 3 computers folding, a P4 2.4, an AMD 1800 (I think), & a G3 800.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:29 PM   #77
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy THM
Slappy THM checking in (but not in time for a shot at that hard drive ).
Wow, sorry about that! No worries though - this is the first of many!

For those who don't know what the heck we're talking about, please visit this thread:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33825724

Fold On!!!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:35 PM   #78
carramrod01
Come get a taste

carramrod01 is still being judged by the masses

Checking in "officially" in case of future prizes

Carramrod01....been a member here for a while....also been folding for a while. Then I quit b/c of some hardware failures in some machines I blamed b/c of foldings "stress." But then I started again and I'm folding on a couple computer labs where I work. Currently I have 40 something computers...all 3.4 Ghz P4's with hyperthreading. However because of the heat they put out I'm only running 1 folding session on them (Louisiana weather doesn't help). In the coming weeks or months I'll get more lab computers setup and probably bring my total to around 80 machines...all the same 3.4 Ghz P4's. And maybe during winter I'll run 2 sessions on them instead of 1.

As for why I fold, I like the competition aspect but...more important I like the idea of helping figure out all these troublesome diseases (grandfather had alzheimers)...but at times I'm skeptical Stanford is really making progress with it. But...I like to help however I can so I keep at it, hoping they make good use of all the information they gather.
carramrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:03 PM   #79
junglist1996
Reload selecta!

junglist1996 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by carramrod01
Currently I have 40 something computers...all 3.4 Ghz P4's with hyperthreading.
No wonder you just took off like a rocket when I was right at your heels... If you leave those comps on 24/7 crunching on 450 pointer QMD's, there's potential for > 18k PPD!
<= See "System Specs" | CPU Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 2.4GHz | Mobo Asus P5Q Deluxe | RAM 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 | GPU HIS Radeon HD6570 1GB | SSD 120GB Intel 320 | Optical LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD | Case Origen AE S16V | PSU Zalman ZM600-HP | OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Input Logitech MX Air + Logitech diNovo Edge | TV Panasonic VIERA TH-P50V20H 50" Plasma 1080p | DAC Wyred4Sound DAC2 24/192 Async USB | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity AMS35i 35wpc pure Class A | Loudspeakers Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand | ASRock Core 100HT | CPU Core i3 350M 2.26GHz | Chipset Intel HM55 | RAM 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 | GPU Intel HD Graphics | SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 | Optical LG Super-Multi DVD burner | OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Input Logitech K400 | TV Sony BRAVIA KDL-40HX750 40" LED 1080p | DAC Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC 24/192 w/ M2Tech hiFace USB->SPDIF | Integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity A1 20wpc Class A | Loudspeakers DALI Royal Menuet II on Solidsteel ZR-7 | Dell XPS 15 (9530) | CPU Core i7 4702HQ 2.2GHz | Chipset Intel HM87 | RAM 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Nvidia GT 750M 2GB Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600 | SSD 512GB Samsung SM841 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Backlit keyboard (built-in) + Logitech Performance Mouse M950 + Filco Majestouch Ninja keyboard (Cherry MX Brown) | Display 15.6" 3200x1800 Touch + Matrox DualHead2Go w/ 2 x Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 2560x1024 | Sound Realtek HD Audio | Microsoft Surface Pro | CPU Core i5 3317U 1.7GHz | Chipset Intel HM77 | RAM 4GB DDR3 1600 | GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 | SSD 128GB Micron RealSSD C400 | OS Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | Input Touch Cover + Surface Pen | Display 10.6" 1920x1080 touchscreen | QNAP TS-253 Pro | 2 x 6TB HGST Deskstar NAS RAID 1

Would you like to help cure cancer with your uber rig? Join the fold at Team Rage 3D today!
junglist1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:05 PM   #80
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
You mean your 1200 PPD? I don't have anyone on my threat list right now, so I'm not impressed

j/k! That's some darn good output for someone who just started folding. Keep up the good work
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:20 PM   #81
KingFish
Self Proclaimed Doodyhead

KingFish is still being judged by the masses

KingFish, folding as "KingFish"
yeah, I still have one darned box folding for you guys that I haven't been able to track down yet. Maybe I'll be able to lure it out of hiding with a 160GB hard drive hehe
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:20 PM   #82
jmscott42
Radeon R520

jmscott42 is still being judged by the masses

(trying to beat the rush as everyone stampedes over)

I'm Justin (not Jim as a lot of people misread my username ). I started Folding for Rage because I have been into the DC types of programs since Seti first came out onto the scene. I started noticing a lot of weird instability with Seti as the years went on (strange stuff... programs not running right, the ATI MMC taking FOREVER to start up as Seti wouldn't properly give up priority, etc). Plus there was a while I was absolutely living on this board working out problems with some ATI cards. So, for lack of anything else, and as a minor way of saying thanks for the help, I joined up under TR3D.

I wasn't very motivated as my main system was only a 1ghz P3 and it took FOREVER to make any progress....

Then a year or two later I talked to a systems admin at another department at work (I work for a small department at a major university in CA that'll remain nameless for now) talking about loading up the machines with Seti, and that everyone was fine with that. So I started loading up the machines I'm responsible for with Folding. I figured if nothing else it was an amazingly good stress test for them... and I've never looked back!

Right now I'm up to ... erm... 30ish main lab machines, and am in the midst of a very slow rollout of a bunch of 2.8ghz dual-core machines [I am doing MASSIVE testing to be sure they don't die folding 2 instances 24/7]. I just built an Intel dual core machine at home and have 2 Folding instances chugging along. I expect my point totals to start creeping up as I bring more of them online. (but WOW those suckers run hot...) And all of the new lab machines have ATI cards. (none of my machines run NVidia cards, but some use the Intel integrated graphics- what a mistake, even for workstation use.)

Last edited by jmscott42 : Aug 16, 2005 at 10:22 PM.
jmscott42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:14 AM   #83
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran
You mean your 1200 PPD? I don't have anyone on my threat list right now, so I'm not impressed

j/k! That's some darn good output for someone who just started folding. Keep up the good work
I was at 1600ppd before a couple of power outages knocked out my farm for a week. It's hard to keep yours numbers up when you've only been folding for a short time. Being out those 5 days dropped me from 1600ppd to 1000ppd. Now I have everything back up and have added a couple more, now my average is back over 1400ppd.

Learn more
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:34 AM   #84
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I was at 1600ppd before a couple of power outages knocked out my farm for a week. It's hard to keep yours numbers up when you've only been folding for a short time. Being out those 5 days dropped me from 1600ppd to 1000ppd. Now I have everything back up and have added a couple more, now my average is back over 1400ppd.
Yay.jpg
Glad to hear you're back to full production
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:39 AM   #85
Repairgod

Repairgod is still being judged by the masses

Repairgod checking in here, my nickname was given by a friend because i've demonstrated the ability time and again to be able to fix anything I'm an A.S.E. certified master automotive technician, certified medium and heavy truck technician, and in general, a "high tech redneck" HAA HAA I fold for the cures, being a big Radeon fan, your site is the one I choose to represent. My name is Michael, from central Ohio.
Computers are a hobby I enjoy quite a bit, however that is not my current career field.
Keep up the great work!!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:37 AM   #86
MDC
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States Center of the Universe, Washington DC
MDC is still being judged by the masses

I just started folding. Good thing I found this thread!
MDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:37 AM   #87
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC
I just started folding. Good thing I found this thread!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:24 PM   #88
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

Checking in. Will be heading back to school soon and folding 24/7 more often.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:42 AM   #89
WyreTheWolf
fuzzy ears

WyreTheWolf is still being judged by the masses

Checking in again....

Not sure as to WHY just yet...

Ummm... Lupine? My furry woodland buddy ...

Why are we checking in exactly?
-= 3 x AOC G2590FX 25" | Windows 10 Professional x64 =-

-= PROUDLY FOLDING FOR TEAM Rage3D! =-
WyreTheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 09:33 AM   #90
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dont be alarmed. It looks like my folding is slacking off. But i am working on a 600 pt WU, so it wont be done until 8/25 at 1am. Take into account I'll probably be playing BF2 this weekend, it'll probably be ~a day longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote