Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:04 AM   #16171
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It was watchable as a one time affair. A bit like Captain Marvel territory. Paper thin plot, plastic acting, dude bro love only this time it was with bitches. Literally one fight scene that was cool and THE END.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:26 AM   #16172
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I'll only go see it as my friend has a role in it. (at least I hope they didn't cut his scene)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 08:31 AM   #16173
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
As for Apollo 11, I really liked this one as well. Already seen First Man but this was different. It was awesome to see real footage of it all. Plus, the launch scene sounded awesome!.
Indeed!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 8, 2019, 02:00 PM   #16174
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Overlord (2018) - 7/10

Not bad and better than I expected.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2019, 03:08 PM   #16175
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yesterday I re-watched Us. Still liked it. However, after I initially watched Us in the theater, I thought it was better than Get Out. However, now I think the opposite it is true (at least for me).

Today, I just got done watching Identity (2003). It was my first re-watch of the movie after first seeing in the theater back in 2003. Awesome stuff.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2019, 06:35 PM   #16176
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Dark Phoenix 6/10
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2019, 09:36 PM   #16177
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Wow man the summer tentpole films are really off to a bad start.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:20 PM   #16178
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Wow man the summer tentpole films are really off to a bad start.
2019 has been bad in general. The only movie I saw at the theater this year was Captain Marvel.

I would have gone for either Apollo 11 or They Shall not Grow Old had either been reasonably convenient.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:42 PM   #16179
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hotel Mumbai. BJP party propaganda / 10.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 06:51 AM   #16180
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I Am Mother - 8/10 wow Clara Rugaard is a star in this film. Good sci-fi from netflix.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:36 PM   #16181
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I Am Mother - 8/10 wow Clara Rugaard is a star in this film. Good sci-fi from netflix.
Same. A much more intelligent skynet/10.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 01:23 PM   #16182
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Same. A much more intelligent skynet/10.
Thanks, will watch.

yoz
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:24 PM   #16183
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Glass, Enjoyed it but he tried to toss to many twists in at the end. Not as good as Split in my book. But I see he was trying to set up his own little supers universe to make movies in going forward.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 01:22 PM   #16184
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Always Be My Maybe . . . 6.5/10

Well-done but fairly typical romcom fare from Netflix, except this one stars Ali Wong, hard-charging stand-up comedian. She can act well, and she's even prettier when she takes off her big horned-rim glasses.

The REAL show-stealer is Keaunu Reaves, who plays a fictional version of himself. He is shockingly hilarious in this, thus the + .5.
Watched this as well. Can’t believe I laughed as hard as I did for this one. Keanu scene alone was worth it for me. 7/10.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:44 PM   #16185
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Good movie...finally a decent scifi in recent times.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 02:01 AM   #16186
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

it was decent. definitely above average. i wouldn't quite put it on the level of ex machina or annihilation, but it's not far off.

i love good sci fi tho. still havn't seen ready player one, battle angel, or ghost in the shell. any suggestions?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 09:03 AM   #16187
KAC
That postcount though...

Ready player one is decent. Ghost in the shell is predictable crap.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 09:04 AM   #16188
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Ready player one is decent. Ghost in the shell is predictable crap.

yoz
Old Jun 11, 2019, 08:08 PM   #16189
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The 6th Day - 5.5/10 Started better than it finished. Action was kinda boring, Arnie was overly cringey. I liked the baddie though.

Indy Jones and Last Crusade - 8.5/10 Much funnier than I remember. Some of the facial expressions / dialogue between father and son are tremendous.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:02 PM   #16190
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I am Mom.

Not bad 7-10 but not sure about that ending...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:04 PM   #16191
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
it was decent. definitely above average. i wouldn't quite put it on the level of ex machina or annihilation, but it's not far off.

i love good sci fi tho. still havn't seen ready player one, battle angel, or ghost in the shell. any suggestions?
Battle Angel for sure especially if they come out with an ext ver. GITS sure... RPO meh.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:16 PM   #16192
acroig
Master Troll

Godzilla: King of the Monsters. When he's on screen 8/10, when humans onscreen 5/10.

yoz
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:20 PM   #16193
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Us
5/10
started out fine but went downhill midway.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 06:41 AM   #16194
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Watched two movies...

First one was I Am Mother. Thought this was great. I like movies that are "contained" (i.e. few characters and only a few locations). Second movie was The Wicker Man (1973). This was some weird, but good, stuff.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:03 AM   #16195
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Bumblebee (2018) - 6/10

Didn't like it as much as others on the forum here, but it was ok...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 01:45 PM   #16196
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Watched two movies...

First one was I Am Mother. Thought this was great. I like movies that are "contained" (i.e. few characters and only a few locations).
if you haven't seen ex machina, you'd love it i think.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 06:07 PM   #16197
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

mib international 6/10
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 01:28 AM   #16198
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

captain marvel - 5.5/10 Couple of deadpan jokes were okay, but not much else was good. Had me cringing a few times.
Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM   #16199
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
if you haven't seen ex machina, you'd love it i think.
Yep, already seen it and really liked it.