Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 18, 2022, 04:07 PM   #19951
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It was actually entertaining, something quite rare these days.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2022, 05:31 PM   #19952
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched Top Gun: Maverick again but this time in IMAX with Laser. First time around was in a Dolby Cinema. I watched it again for the sole purpose of comparing the theaters (first time I've watch the same movie in both theaters). I think I definitely preferred the IMAX presentation. Screen was bigger and the sound was louder, clearer, and more impactful. The bass sounded cleaner, louder, and deeper as well.

Also, while IMAX has far fewer speakers than a commercial Atmos setup, for some reason commercial Atmos presentations, to me at least, usually seem "front heavy" (i.e. most sound coming from the front of the theater/screen). I basically can never really hear the overhead speakers and the surround speakers not that much more either. My local IMAX with Laser theater is very well maintained and calibrated and the you can clearly hear sounds from the surrounds and overheads. By the way, the local Dolby Cinema and IMAX with Laser theaters are from different theater chains. The chain that has the IMAX with Laser doesn't have a Dolby Cinema and the chain that has the Dolby Cinema doesn't have an IMAX. The chain that offers the IMAX with Laser theater has very well maintained and calibrated theaters all around (even their standard theaters). Too bad this chain doesn't also have a Dolby Cinema. However, they do have Atmos theaters with laser projection. The chain that has the IMAX with Laser theater uses Krix speakers in all their theaters that are not IMAX (as IMAX theaters use their own IMAX-branded speakers). The chain that has the Dolby Cinema uses Dolby SLS speakers in all their theaters, including Dolby Cinema, and I think they have ribbon tweeters.

This was a good movie to compare both theaters and it was worth seeing the difference with the same movie.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by Kain : Jun 19, 2022 at 06:12 AM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2022, 05:03 PM   #19953
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched Ambulance. Frantic fun with great camera and audio work.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:29 PM   #19954
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Kimi. Scared woman turns not scared in last 20 seconds / 10.
Lost city. A bunch of hardy bollocks thrown off a red cliff into the pitts / 10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2022, 04:15 AM   #19955
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
The unbearable weight of disappointing talent / 10.
Yea watched that too. 5/10. Got bored..
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2022, 04:19 PM   #19956
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Dr Strange , Multiverse one. 6.5/10. Was ok.. but I'm bored of all these Marvel movies. Paid with disney sub.. I wouldn't pay to see it in theaters.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2022, 04:38 PM   #19957
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Dr Strange , Multiverse one. 6.5/10. Was ok.. but I'm bored of all these Marvel movies. Paid with disney sub.. I wouldn't pay to see it in theaters.
Smart man, will watch this weekend.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2022, 05:03 AM   #19958
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Same. Olsen did a great job imo, but the rest took the whole experience down a bit. Not bad, but not what I hoped for at all.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2022, 09:17 PM   #19959
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Chickenhare and the Hamster of Darkness (Netflix) - 6/10. Okay it's a CGI kids movie and it clearly shows. Fun for the kiddos but too many contrivances to move the plot along.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2022, 09:49 PM   #19960
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

The Card Counter . . . 6/10

Nice premise-- ex-Abu Ghraib enhanced interrogator gets out of Leavenworth and becomes pro-gambler but his past haunts him. Good, but weak ending, imo.

Stars Oscar Isaac, Tiffany Haddish, and Tye Sheridan (Ready Player One d00d).

Netflix.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM   #19961
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness. Was ok, i guess, they went a _bit_ overboard with the effects. Would i've payed to see it in the cinema? No. Still entertaining.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM   #19962
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Dr Strange Multiverse of madness - 6/10 Ok popcorn flick.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #19963
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Dr Strange 2. Very Sam Raimy. I give it a solid 8/10. I really liked the Evil Dead post credit scene reference.

Moonfall.
Like, WTF did I just watch? You have to shut your brain off, like put yourself in a coma.

It's bad-good I guess? I don't think I'm giving anything away but its supremely silly how they keep going on about "we have to SAVE THE WORLD" when the moon has already killed all but a few thousand people. Like every conceivable thing has been purged from the earth, infrastructure, buildings and people, satellites, all gone. Then the 'saviours' land back on Earth like 'yay, we saved the Earth, and their cell phones are still working "where you at bro".

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote