Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wyl

wyl is still being judged by the masses

Default No HDMI audio

I have a 2600xt. I tried installing the ATI HDMI audio driver and the realtek audio driver, and was both unsuccessful in getting audio out thru HDMI to my TV.

When I use the realtek audio driver, it says that my HDMI audio was not plugged in.
When I use the ATI HDMI driver, there's no error and the windows sound panel indicates there is sound playback (i.e. the sound bar showed sound). But there was still no sound on TV.

Appreciate any help. BTW I'm using vista. Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hello Mods,
Please sticky this, As I hate to have to respond all the time to this one as I have

If using Vista, no need to install a driver. All you have to do is plug your cable into the bottom DVI port of your card as this is the only port on the card which supports sound. You must also pick the playback device in the tray.

If using XP download the drivers and install them and once again only port on the Video card that supports sound is the bottom DVI port.

I don't quite understand why ATI/AMD does not spell this out more clearly. Many have been through this problem including me and it was a bunch of wasted time when it could have been working in 1 mins. time.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 08:08 AM   #3
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Good point! It's also worthwhile to point out some TV's (like my Sony A2020) only supports HDMI audio on ONE of the HDMI ports.
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad