Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 28, 2021, 04:36 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
I tried a movie after all that has fps that varries between 23.96 / 23.97 / 23.98 fps in 10bit and also checked 10bit input and output in media player classic.I watched the movie in Media Players Classic 1.9.9 version and worked fine.Only youtube remain with judder problems.
I could also be wrong. I couldn't find much information about if YT does 3:2 pulldown or not.

p.s. Merged your threads. All related anyway

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:34 PM   #32
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Which browser are you using? Do all browsers do it?

If you're using Chrome/Edge/Vivaldi/Brave you need to try on something actually different, like Firefox.

I have vivaldi and firefox and i can try the new edge.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 02:49 PM   #33
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

I tested the browsers with youtube.No luck.I have to disable 10bit mode otherwise the variable refresh rate is not working and is judder-ing.
Fortunetly the 24p movies runned with MPC-HC are working fine.
Also the 4k 60fps content looks insane.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 1, 2021 at 03:00 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 1, 2021, 08:59 PM   #34
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If Firefox is no different, that's enough.

The rest are all Chromium based, so will be the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:04 AM   #35
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

There is an intersting info in the Eizo CG2420 monitor conclusion done by Prad.Seems the solution for 24fps is in monitor hardware.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...eizo-cg2420/7/

Quote:
Although Eizo is now increasingly targeting applications in the professional video sector with the CG series, the CG2420 is primarily aimed at users in the graphics industry. There is no need to integrate separately created (RGB to RGB) CLUTs. The more expensive CG247X will bring this functionality back with it, as well as a full-fledged measuring device. Pleasing: Despite the changed alignment, the LC panel supports a wide vertical frequency range that is optimally used by the electronics. As a result, there are no unsightly micro-stuttering even when playing in 24 Hz or 50 Hz. The deinterlacer fulfills its purpose, but at best achieves an average level.

Later update:
I looked again in the Benq Sw240 review from Prad and seems it's missing 24p hardware.When i read the review before buying the monitor i didn't fully understood what this was all about.Now looking again after i encountered the problem first hand.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...-ueberzeugt/6/

Quote:
We also missed a 24p option on the PC, so you have to live with the usual micro stuttering. It is not offered in the driver via DP or HDMI.
But Benq can add this to a driver.Intersting.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 2, 2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:11 AM   #36
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Sorta. That just saying it supports a 24Hz and 50hz mode so it can display video content at those frame rates without having to do any conversion. Which isn't uncommon.

However if you have a higher Hz monitor you don't need to do this with 24fps content. As 120, 144 and 240hz can display them without needing to do anything.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:38 AM   #37
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Sorta. That just saying it supports a 24Hz and 50hz mode so it can display video content at those frame rates without having to do any conversion. Which isn't uncommon.

However if you have a higher Hz monitor you don't need to do this with 24fps content. As 120, 144 and 240hz can display them without needing to do anything.
There were some other guy here that said the same.
The shop accepts returns in two months from the date of buying if i want to.I don't want to send it back unless is really untolerable to adapt to it.There are some things that i want to enjoy and experiment that i can't with the usual gaming monitor.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:51 AM   #38
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

24fps content on YT is mostly going to be movie trailers. When you watch actual movies, your liking going to be watching the content through something that will do the 3:2 pull down.

System:
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:28 PM   #39
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
24fps content on YT is mostly going to be movie trailers. When you watch actual movies, your liking going to be watching the content through something that will do the 3:2 pull down.

Music videoclips are the 24fps or 25fps that i look the most on YT.Movie trailers are more rare.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:41 AM   #40
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

From benq Q&A section.
Quote:
Why do colours in websites look overly vivid with my SW monitor?

Colors of websites are usually defined by sRGB (Standard RGB) color space with limited color range. However, SW monitors are capable of displaying extended color range to match the actual colors in nature. Therefore, if the original image or content is set to sRGB color space, it will be displayed more vividly on SW monitors. Users can switch to sRGB color mode on SW monitors to show images with sRGB color space.
Quote:
How can I display pictures in 10-bit color?

Please follow below steps to display pictures in 10-bit color:
(1) Ensure RAW/TIF files support 10-bit.
(2) Install software that supports 10-bit files, such as Photoshop or Lightroom.
(3) Install a graphics card that supports 10 bits, such as Nvidia Quadro or AMD FireGL/Radeon Pro series.
(4) Connect your PC/laptop to the monitor with DisplayPort to display the pictures.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 09:48 AM   #41
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I fooled myself. The 24p and 25p content is juddering in 8bit too.The best experience is achieved with matching mannualy the refresh rate of the content.
With 24p content i put 48hz.
With 25p content i put 50hz.

On the other hand with standalone movies i found a software that is called SmoothVideo Project
Also seems that this software contain a program that capture youtube links and transfer them to my favourite media player so it can do a framerate conversion to 60fps or higher in realtime.

https://www.svp-team.com/

Update: The SVP program in conversion is actually doubling the original FPS of the clip
so 24fps original --- > 47.95 fps
25 fps orginal ----> 50 fps
30 fps original --- > 60 fps

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 7, 2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 01:59 PM   #42
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Default 8 bit monitors that accepts 10-bit signal with EDID editing

Hi

I was readings rtings site and this thing caught my eyes.This looks like the top tier expensive may have a 10bit 1.07b colors but is not officialy advertised ?

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/revie...enware-aw2521h

Quote:
The gradient handling is exceptional. There's minimal banding throughout and you shouldn't notice any banding with real content. It's advertised to have an 8-bit panel, but we can achieve 10-bit in the EDID of the monitor, so it may be 8-bit with FRC, but we don't know for sure. The max refresh rate with a 10-bit source over a DisplayPort connection is 300Hz, and 144Hz over an HDMI connection.

This one the same 10bit mode at gradient:
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/revie...-360hz-pg259qn
Quote:
The 360Hz is only achievable over a DisplayPort connection, and it caps out at 300Hz with 10-bit HDR. Over HDMI, the maximum refresh rate is 240Hz and 120Hz with 10-bit HDR. G-SYNC works over HDMI and DisplayPort.
The 10bit mode limits refresh rates.So they can't advertise the monitors as 10bit because the refresh rates are changed.

So after all seems there are 10bit 1080p gaming monitors. This is intersting.The DCI-p3 and Adobe RGB are around 76% coverage...
Old Mar 7, 2021, 03:02 PM   #43
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You can add it to your current thread, do not make threads for each time you find new information about your latest internet monitor finds.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 03:02 PM   #44
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Well 8-bit+FRC to get 10-bit should look pretty good.

My monitor is technically a 10-bit, HDR monitor and 1080p.... only it's super-ultrawide so it's horizontal resolution is 3840. There are usually a monitor or two that will break away from the norms. This could very well be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
You can add it to your current thread, do not make threads for each time you find new information about your latest internet monitor finds.
Agreed and merged

System:
Old Mar 8, 2021, 01:01 AM   #45
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

This is not about me here.Intentionally i posted outside of my thread because nobody said anything about that 10bit 1080p gaming monitors exists unoficially.It is about sharing information.If people have talked about this info i wouldn't have posted it at all.Pls move that post to the "New monitor" thread as not all people there look into my thread.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 8, 2021 at 01:20 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 02:06 PM   #46
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

A Benq SW240 review against the Eizo CS240

https://www.color-management-guide.c...or-review.html

The antireflective coating is awesome.