Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:11 AM   #4861
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
Thank God psychos like you don't run the world. Stupid people tick me off too but entertaining to ideas like that, even if it's just hyperbole, is asinine
I wasn't being serious. You can't force people to get vaccinated but it would certainly help if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 01:52 PM   #4862
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

i have first shot vaccine appointment confirmation for both my parents same time on the 28th

at midnight
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:23 PM   #4863
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Apparently the days supervisor at the warehouse was probably exposed by a close relative, so now we wait to see what his test comes back as. Fun times.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 13, 2021, 08:05 PM   #4864
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
My sister, a nurse, is putting it off as long as possible. As a covid-19 survivor, this infuriates me. Struggling to keep my mouth shut.
BTW. How have you been feeling? Didn't hear much from you when you were down with it.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 09:50 PM   #4865
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Chinese vaccine shows 50% efficacy in Brazil. Gays saying numbers were false. Seems same for Pfizer. Going to wait out the vaccination for now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:09 PM   #4866
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Chinese vaccine shows 50% efficacy in Brazil. Gays saying numbers were false. Seems same for Pfizer. Going to wait out the vaccination for now.
Could also be that we're dealing with a different strain currently.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:46 PM   #4867
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Could also be that we're dealing with a different strain currently.
Could be anything, really.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 08:48 AM   #4868
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Get your RGB mask.
https://youtu.be/FvWiCclESL8
Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:54 AM   #4869
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Some days I want to give up on humanity. I just saw a post on facebook saying, "wake up sheeple the govt is trying to control your lives with this hoax". If that's not bad enough the first comment was: "Got it, had it, not that bad".

Yes dumbass we know that it doesn't kill everyone, and hell half the people that get it don't even know they have it. We also know that it DOES kill a lot of people, and it's going to keep doing so if people don't stop being selfish asshats!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:56 AM   #4870
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Get your RGB mask.
https://youtu.be/FvWiCclESL8
Is today 4/1?

Wow this is real. OK, so if I can change my voice to sound like Darth Vader, I'm buying one! LOL

Last edited by Greasy : Jan 14, 2021 at 10:04 AM.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:43 AM   #4871
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Is today 4/1?

Wow this is real. OK, so if I can change my voice to sound like Darth Vader, I'm buying one! LOL
So far it's just a concept. You can't buy them.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:12 PM   #4872
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
So far it's just a concept. You can't buy them.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 06:47 PM   #4873
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

I want to wear one to work and have everyone look funny at me!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:36 AM   #4874
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Close family friend is on a ventilator, doing really poorly (they have her upside down and shes become delusional in what shes saying due to fever). Really hope she pulls through, wear your masks people
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:34 AM   #4875
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

My dad is doing much better. Incredibly, he never had any lung or breathing problems. He's still testing as "positive" for Covid, but he's now asymptomatic according to the facility he's in. He was in the Hospital for about a week, but they transferred him to a physical rehab facility because he doesn't medically need to be in a hospital anymore even though he's still positive (going on 3 weeks now). They don't think he's contagious anymore, but they said some people take longer to get over it and that he could potentially test positive for 90 days. Sucky thing is, while he tests positive I can't visit him and he's feeling isolated. At least he's doing better, he just now needs physical rehab because he lost all mobility likely due to laying down and not moving for over a week.

As for my g/f and I we have made full recoveries. I recovered in the typical 2 weeks, and she did too. We both had very different symptoms though (hers were scary, mine were annoying) but we are good now except for a nagging cough.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:54 AM   #4876
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Glad you're all doing better xCLAVEx! Good to hear some good news
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:39 PM   #4877
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

If you have intercourse with someone who recovered from COVID-19 and presumably built immunity against it, do anti-bodies get transferred over to you? Asking for a friend
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:48 PM   #4878
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
If you have intercourse with someone who recovered from COVID-19 and presumably built immunity against it, do anti-bodies get transferred over to you? Asking for a friend

Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:51 PM   #4879
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Worth a "shot"
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:56 PM   #4880
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Were you wearing masks?
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 01:47 PM   #4881
KAC

Do tell us how it goes, for your friend.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 01:31 AM   #4882
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Variants of #SARSCOV2 may be able to do an end-run around the human immune response. Such “immune escapes” could mean more people who have had #COVID19 remain susceptible to reinfection, and that proven vaccines may, at some point, need an update.

Science’s COVID-19 reporting is supported by the Pulitzer Center and the Heising-Simons Foundation.

When the number of COVID-19 cases began to rise again in Manaus, Brazil, in December 2020, Nuno Faria was stunned. The virologist at Imperial College London and associate professor at the University of Oxford had just co-authored a paper in Science estimating that three-quarters of the city’s inhabitants had already been infected with SARS-CoV-2, the pandemic coronavirus—more than enough, it seemed, for herd immunity to develop. The virus should be done with Manaus. Yet hospitals were filling up again. “It was hard to reconcile these two things,” Faria says. He started to hunt for samples he could sequence to find out whether changes in the virus could explain the resurgence.

On 12 January, Faria and his colleagues posted their initial conclusions on the website virological.org. Thirteen of 31 samples collected in mid-December in Manaus turned out to be part of a new viral lineage they called P.1. Much more research is needed, but they say one possibility is that in some people, P.1 eludes the human immune response triggered by the lineage that ravaged the city earlier in 2020.

Could too much time between doses drive the coronavirus to outwit vaccines?

Emerging variants of the coronavirus have been in the news ever since scientists raised the alarm over B.1.1.7, a SARS-CoV-2 variant that first caught scientists’ attention in England in December and that is more transmissible than previously circulating viruses. But now, they’re also focusing on a potential new threat: variants that could do an end run around the human immune response. Such “immune escapes” could mean more people who have had COVID-19 remain susceptible to reinfection, and that proven vaccines may, at some point, need an update.

At a World Health Organization (WHO) meeting on 12 January, hundreds of researchers discussed the most important scientific questions raised by the wave of new mutations. WHO also convened its COVID-19 Emergency Committee on 14 January to discuss the impact of the new variants and the travel restrictions that many countries are imposing to contain them. The committee called for a global effort to sequence and share more SARS-CoV-2 genomes to help track mutations. It also asked countries to support “global research efforts to better understand critical unknowns about SARS-CoV-2 specific mutations and variants.”

The more transmissible variant, B.1.1.7, is already spreading rapidly in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Denmark, and probably in many other countries. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a modeling study on Friday showing the strain could become the predominant variant in the United States in March. But scientists are just as worried about 501Y.V2, a variant detected in South Africa. Some of the mutations it carries, including ones named E484K and K417N, change its surface protein, spike, and have been shown in the lab to reduce how well monoclonal antibodies combat the virus. In a preprint published earlier this month, Jesse Bloom, an evolutionary biologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, showed that E484K also reduced the potency of convalescent sera from some donors 10-fold—although he is quick to add this does not necessarily mean the mutation would cause people’s immunity to the new strain to drop 10-fold.

P.1 adds to the concerns because it appears to have hit on a similar constellation of mutations and has emerged in a place with a high level of immunity. “Anytime you see the same mutations arising and starting to spread multiple times, in different viral strains across the world, that’s really strong evidence that there’s some evolutionary advantage to those mutations,” Bloom says.

Like B.1.1.7, the variant identified in Manaus is already on the move. Just as Faria was finishing his analysis of the Brazilian genomes, a report was published of a variant detected in travelers arriving in Japan from Brazil—and it turned out to be P.1.

Bad friends
How these new variants are affecting the course of the pandemic is still unclear. In Manaus, for example, P.1 might have nothing to do with the new surge in infections; people’s immunity might simply be waning, says Oxford epidemiologist Oliver Pybus. In a press conference today, WHO’s Mike Ryan cautioned that changes in human behavior are still the major driving force for the resurgence. “It’s too easy to just lay the blame on the variants and say it’s the virus that did it,” he said. “Unfortunately, it’s also what we didn’t do that did it.”

Even if the variant plays a crucial role it might be driving the boost because it is transmitted more easily, like B.1.1.7, not because it can evade the immune response. “Of course it could be a combination of these factors, too,” Pybus says. Similarly, in a recent modeling study, researchers at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine calculated that South Africa’s 501Y.V2 variant could be 50% more transmissible but no better at evading immunity, or just as transmissible as previous variants but able to evade immunity in one in five people previously infected. “Reality may lie between these extremes,” the authors wrote.

Ester Sabino, a molecular biologist at the University of São Paulo, São Paulo, is launching a study to find reinfections in Manaus that could help decide between these hypotheses for P.1. She is also working to sequence more samples from Manaus from January to follow the variant’s spread. “We don’t have the data yet, but my guess is, it will be at 100% now,” she says. Lab studies investigating the variants are also underway. The United Kingdom today launched a new consortium, G2P-UK (for “genotype to phenotype-UK”), headed by Wendy Barclay of Imperial College London, to study the effects of emerging mutations in SARS-CoV-2. One idea discussed at the 12 January WHO meeting is to set up a biobank that would aid studies by housing virus samples, as well as plasma from vaccine recipients and recovered patients.

Interactions between the new mutations may make it harder to tease out their effects. The variants from the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Manaus all share a mutation named N501Y, for instance, or Nelly, as some researchers call it. But the mutation, which affects the spike protein, also occurs in some variants that do not spread faster, suggesting N501Y does not operate alone, says Kristian Andersen of Scripps Research: “Nelly might be innocent, except maybe when she’s hanging with her bad friends.”

Bloom thinks none of the changes is likely to let the virus escape the immune response entirely. “But I would expect that those viruses have some advantage when a lot of the population has immunity”—which might help explain the surge in Manaus.

Vaccine updates
So far, the virus does not appear to have become resistant to COVID-19 vaccines, says vaccinologist Philip Krause, who chairs a WHO working group on COVID-19 vaccines. “The not-so-good news is that the rapid evolution of these variants suggests that if it is possible for the virus to evolve into a vaccine-resistant phenotype, this may happen sooner than we like,” he adds. That possibility adds to the urgency of putting good surveillance in place to detect such escape variants early on, says biostatistician Natalie Dean of the University of Florida. But it also adds to the urgency of vaccinating people, says Christian Drosten, a virologist at Charité University Hospital in Berlin. “We have to do everything we can now to vaccinate as many people as fast as possible, even if that means running the risk of selecting for some variants,” he says.

If vaccine-resistant SARS-CoV-2 strains emerge, vaccines might need to be updated. Several vaccines could be easily changed to reflect the latest changes, but regulators might balk at authorizing them without seeing updated safety and efficacy data, Krause says. If new variants circulate alongside older strains, multivalent vaccines, effective against several lineages, might even be needed. “To be clear: These are downstream considerations,” Krause says. “The public should not think that this is imminent, and that new vaccines will be needed.” But Ravindra Gupta, a researcher at the University of Cambridge, says manufacturers should start to produce vaccines designed to generate immunity to mutated versions of the spike protein, because they keep cropping up. “It tells us that we should have these mutations in our vaccines, so that you shut off one of the avenues for the virus to go down.”

For now, increased transmissibility is the biggest worry, says virologist Angela Rasmussen of Georgetown University. “I’m puzzled why [that] isn’t a bigger part of the conversation,” she says. The U.S. hospital system, she says, “is at capacity in many places and further increases in transmission can tip us over the edge where the system collapses. Then we’ll start seeing potentially huge increases in mortality.”

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...edium=Facebook
TLDR; The virus is sporting new mutations found in South America where they are mutating to evade the immune system, which is worst case scenario. At the rate of mutation, it will soon mean that the vaccine will no longer be effective and will need an update meaning everyone will need to get the vaccine...again.

Old Jan 16, 2021, 02:25 AM   #4883
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I don't think the Chinese vaccine was ever considered to be a very good one, so it could just not be that effective. I wouldn't make assumptions about the other vaccines based on it
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 02:36 AM   #4884
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
TLDR; The virus is sporting new mutations found in South America where they are mutating to evade the immune system, which is worst case scenario. At the rate of mutation, it will soon mean that the vaccine will no longer be effective and will need an update meaning everyone will need to get the vaccine...again.
The virus is just spreading to too many people, giving it too many opportunities to mutate. Unfortunately, people just aren't doing what is necessary to stem the spread.

The mayor of my city keeps making comments about how the lockdowns aren't good for business, etc. The guy is apparently a psychiatrist or something, but he's still a ****ing idiot.

I don't know, maybe this is how humanity goes down, for being too stupid and selfish, and focused on short term problems (i.e., businesses being closed) to do what is necessary for the best long term outcome.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 04:51 AM   #4885
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

First why are we still allowing flights? The new mutations are spreading from people flying.

Has no one ever played Plauge INC? First thing they do is shut the airport.

Borders should close to all but the most extreme circumstances. i.e. food transport, medical transport etc etc

People shouldn't be willynilly flying around to visit family.

Le sigh, people think this is over and done in 2021, but I think we got another year or two of this crap.

Would have been a lot sooner if people stopped playing politics, selfishness, etc instead of taking it seriously.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 08:18 AM   #4886
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
First why are we still allowing flights? The new mutations are spreading from people flying.

Has no one ever played Plauge INC? First thing they do is shut the airport.

Borders should close to all but the most extreme circumstances. i.e. food transport, medical transport etc etc

People shouldn't be willynilly flying around to visit family.

Le sigh, people think this is over and done in 2021, but I think we got another year or two of this crap.

Would have been a lot sooner if people stopped playing politics, selfishness, etc instead of taking it seriously.

You mean I have another year of staying at home, being antisocial and playing video games? cool.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 08:46 AM   #4887
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You mean I have another year of staying at home, being antisocial and playing video games? cool.
Oh for me it's no problem what so ever, if I was a teenager again, I'd actually have a legitimate excuse for being anti social.

However for my 4 year old son, it's certainly not ideal. However even shut in at home is still better than what children have had 50-100+ years ago.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 08:48 AM   #4888
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Oh for me it's no problem what so ever, if I was a teenager again, I'd actually have a legitimate excuse for being anti social.

However for my 4 year old son, it's certainly not ideal. However even shut in at home is still better than what children have had 50-100+ years ago.

Ah yeah - parents with kids must be losing their minds. Nothing to do and the kids like "WE'RE BORED".
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 01:05 PM   #4889
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

So, now not only are we waiting for the results from the covid tests to come back for the days supervisor at work, but I found that someone has been throwing their used tissues into the container we all get our empty garbage bags from at work. I left a note on the communications board and talked to all the remaining supervisors and the logistics manager, but I can't promise I won't do something that will get me arrested if I catch whoever it is doing it again.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 01:50 PM   #4890
stormy13
Radeon R600

stormy13 is still being judged by the masses