Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 29, 2020, 06:22 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'm running with the 6800XT and am OK for now. My friend doesn't want a 10GB card which is why he's looking for a 6800XT.

Currently I'm still playing TD2 and am planning on a week off work soon at which point I intend to go back and play through some older games I've been wanting to finish like Halo Reach.

The games will still be there months from now so nobody is really missing out on anything. It's not like a 3080 is easy to get at this point either. You're still running bots, managing discord alerts and dropping everything at a moments notice, or waiting in line at a micro center.

End of the year, and things are only marginally better for 3000 series stock and a total disaster with 6800/6900 cards. I'm extremely lucky to have this gigabyte reference card and the 5950X cpu.
Could be May or even June before things sort out. You did well with 6800XT and 5950. I got 3090 and 3800X and couldn't be happier.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:47 AM   #452
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thinking about picking up a Red Devil limited edition graphics card for 1050. 6800XT. Gay got it in hand and price on the egg is about the same. Wdygt?

https://tnydu.biz/DUma8p

Last edited by KAC : Jan 10, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:51 AM   #453
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm about to put you on my ignore list, that's how dumb that would be.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:54 AM   #454
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thinking about picking up a Red Devil limited edition graphics card for 1050. 6800XT. Gay got it in hand and price on the egg is about the same. Wdygt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'm about to put you on my ignore list, that's how dumb that would be.

Like, why? Wait till Tuesday for 3080Ti to be announced or do you really don't want to play with RT anymore?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:57 AM   #455
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No I wanted to test out SAM with AMD. Also it’s been about 10 years since I owned an AMD card and people seem to be raving about it.

Yes I can wait till Tuesday for sure. Either way I will be buying a 3080 Ti so that goes without saying. It is why I didn’t grab a 3090.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:01 AM   #456
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah let's spend $1050 to test out a feature that does nearly nothing. Sick. And it's slower than the card you have now. The **** lol

I ****ing hate the dumb **** you post sometimes bro, where's the facepalm emoji
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:03 AM   #457
KAC

Nunz I don’t keep the cards. Most of the time I flip them with 30-50$ loss. It is like going to a theatre or eating out. It doesn’t cost me much. However I get to enjoy the product. These cards are not really available and having a chance to play with it is totally worth 50$ to me. Heck I can even recoup all my cost since it is limited edition card. There are enough stupids in Dubai who would pay for it.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:04 AM   #458
Nunz
RIP Roxen

What's to enjoy? It'll be a worse experience than what you have now. Mother of god take that $50 that you'd lose flipping it and buy your kids something
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:06 AM   #459
KAC

Ok man. I won’t buy it if that keeps you happier.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:07 AM   #460
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Thank you
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:08 AM   #461
KAC

You are welcome!
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:19 PM   #462
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You are welcome!
3080 Ti or nothing.

yoz
Old Jan 10, 2021, 05:31 PM   #463
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Microcenter got "10+" Asus ROG STRIX 5700XTs on Saturday, with a $570 price tag. By noon they were down to 9. By 3 PM they were gone.

I still can't wrap my head around how insane this is. When I bought my 5700 XT for $435 the stock had been at 10+ for a week.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 06:00 PM   #464
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Microcenter got "10+" Asus ROG STRIX 5700XTs on Saturday, with a $570 price tag. By noon they were down to 9. By 3 PM they were gone.

I still can't wrap my head around how insane this is. When I bought my 5700 XT for $435 the stock had been at 10+ for a week.
Unfortunately the 5700XT is very good for crypto mining so that's why it's shot up in price. Lower cost earlier payback for miners.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 10, 2021, 09:42 PM   #465
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh for the love of all that is Jeebus please let the downward trend continue.

Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:04 PM   #466
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Oh for the love of all that is Jeebus please let the downward trend continue.

till there is another big loss or two
stolen like last time it won't drop till the scandal hits
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 03:06 PM   #467
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Interesting Q+A from Anandtech with Lisa Su after CES Live.

"One element Lisa did speak to is how production level decisions happen in advance. AMD launched a lot of products in Q4 2020, including Ryzen 5000, Radeon RX 6000 GPUs, two games consoles, and also started shipping its next generation EPYC Milan processors. On top of all that, AMD had to build its new Ryzen 5000 Mobile processors to meet notebook demand in Q1 2021.

Lisa Su: ‘One of the things that was important with Cezanne (Ryzen 5000 Mobile) is that we were shipping for production in early 2021. With the OEM cycle of those products, enabling them to get the first batches of hardware in Q4 was vital for launch through the first quarter and the first half of 2021.

This is how AMD matches its product cadence, and the choice on hardware manufacture is one of timing. It’s nothing fundamental, it’s not design limited, it’s all about making the right bets (sometimes months in advance) and enabling market estimation of demand. We had to enable millions of console APUs as well, and there is higher demand than we thought here as well. Working with OEM partners like Sony and Microsoft means enabling different strategies as well."

Interesting. Cezanne was obviously more important than RDNA2. Maybe that's where all them extra wafers went.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:44 AM   #468
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Interesting Q+A from Anandtech with Lisa Su after CES Live.

"One element Lisa did speak to is how production level decisions happen in advance. AMD launched a lot of products in Q4 2020, including Ryzen 5000, Radeon RX 6000 GPUs, two games consoles, and also started shipping its next generation EPYC Milan processors. On top of all that, AMD had to build its new Ryzen 5000 Mobile processors to meet notebook demand in Q1 2021.

Lisa Su: ‘One of the things that was important with Cezanne (Ryzen 5000 Mobile) is that we were shipping for production in early 2021. With the OEM cycle of those products, enabling them to get the first batches of hardware in Q4 was vital for launch through the first quarter and the first half of 2021.

This is how AMD matches its product cadence, and the choice on hardware manufacture is one of timing. It’s nothing fundamental, it’s not design limited, it’s all about making the right bets (sometimes months in advance) and enabling market estimation of demand. We had to enable millions of console APUs as well, and there is higher demand than we thought here as well. Working with OEM partners like Sony and Microsoft means enabling different strategies as well."

Interesting. Cezanne was obviously more important than RDNA2. Maybe that's where all them extra wafers went.
Didn't come as a surprise. I bet mobile marked for AMD is bigger than the discrete graphics card market. So they probably made the "safe choices" and alotted wafers accordingly.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:06 PM   #469
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

mobile is a place where they now have the DOMINATING product so it makes sense to push those and build up laptop OEM relationships to get better design wins.

like taking ryzen 4000 45 watt performance down to 15 watts is crazy town. on top of that the new hx parts and destroying anything else in the space

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:28 PM   #470
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:51 PM   #471
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Looks like a 4080 Ti in September of 2022 for Billy!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 01:40 PM   #472
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Looks like a 4080 Ti in September of 2022 for Billy!
Quote:
The AMD Zen 4 architecture will directly compete against Intel's Alder Lake lineup while RDNA 3 will tackle NVIDIA's refreshed Ampere GPUs which are likely to be introduced by end of 2021 or in early 2022.

https://wccftech.com/amd-says-zen-4-...y-competitive/

then i will buy a AMD 7800 xt

your obsolescence clock is running faster than your power meter

hopper will be delayed to 2022 they added lovelace as a ampere refresh

if lovelace was 2022 and then hopper in what by your timing 2024

AMD would eat them alive .

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 15, 2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 01:53 PM   #473
acroig
Master Troll

There is an opportunity for AMD if they can execute and come out with volume.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 02:40 PM   #474
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
There is an opportunity for AMD if they can execute and come out with volume.
maybe

by July to September most that will take the vaccine will have it and shipping and production should be back to near normal most places soon after

so i think AMD will hit November or December for CPU & GPU again or January latest

now we know the jacket jumped the gun by 2 or 3 months this time only to get out before AMD

so i think he will do anything to do so again

i already think AMD will beat him to a gaming MCM GPU since they delayed hopper and AMD has the advantage in MCM with Ryzen and the Patents to do it

https://wccftech.com/amd-files-mcm-b...0CPU%20designs.

if RDNA 3 is MCM up against lovelace that isn't ............

and chiplets will give them the volume they need

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 15, 2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 02:51 PM   #475
acroig
Master Troll

I think he'll bide his time and do a refresh for Ampere when he can deliver in volume.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 02:56 PM   #476
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I think he'll bide his time and do a refresh for Ampere when he can deliver in volume.
ok

but he never has before

if i could get a cheap 3080 i think i would put it out in the bike shed mining 24/7 and heating the shed in winter
Old Jan 15, 2021, 03:18 PM   #477
acroig
Master Troll

Circumstances are not what they used to be.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 03:30 PM   #478
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Circumstances are not what they used to be.
no not now

but it will go back to normal by Q4 this year i really do think so

as soon the normal people can go out side again us gamers can get back to staying in and buying hardware
Old Jan 15, 2021, 04:57 PM   #479
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
no not now

but it will go back to normal by Q4 this year i really do think so

as soon the normal people can go out side again us gamers can get back to staying in and buying hardware
Bill however much you wish for it doesn't mean it's going to happen. You need to stop trolling those click bait sites where it's all conjecture and rumours mostly with no factual background.

Nvidia have signed (a fact) a multi billion $ deal for more Samsung 8nm wafers for their RTX30 series. Lisa Su said in a post CES interview AMD have some more product launches coming that she's excited about which will be 6700XT and 6700 and anything else below. AMD are not giving up the mid range segment anytime soon as that's where most of their GPU sales come from.

Of all those gamers who want to upgrade probably only about 10% have been able to. That leaves a huge pent up demand that Nvidia and AMD will try to fill with RTX30 and RDNA2 cards. Absolutely no need for lovelace or RDNA3 for the foreseeable future. As Acroig, Nunz et al all say the 2080ti lasted 2 years or more and that was pre pandemic.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 05:08 PM   #480
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Bill however much you wish for it doesn't mean it's going to happen. You need to stop trolling those click bait sites where it's all conjecture and rumours mostly with no factual background.

Nvidia have signed (a fact) a multi billion $ deal for more Samsung 8nm wafers for their RTX30 series. Lisa Su said in a post CES interview AMD have some more product launches coming that she's excited about which will be 6700XT and 6700 and anything else below. AMD are not giving up the mid range segment anytime soon as that's where most of their GPU sales come from.

Of all those gamers who want to upgrade probably only about 10% have been able to. That leaves a huge pent up demand that Nvidia and AMD will try to fill with RTX30 and RDNA2 cards. Absolutely no need for lovelace or RDNA3 for the foreseeable future. As Acroig, Nunz et al all say the 2080ti lasted 2 years or more and that was pre pandemic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04