Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 30, 2003, 01:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Talking Best bargain bin games thread

Name some really great bargain bin games. I'll start off with a few of my own (bargain bin is $20 or less).

Independance War 2
Freespace 2
Imperium Galactica 2
Serious Sam and it's expansion
Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion
Carmaggeddon 2
Kohan Ahrimans Gift
Disciples 2 and it's expansions
Hostile Waters Anteus Rising

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:00 PM   #2
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

I can get them for free:
Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:03 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark
I can get them for free:
Please, everybody can get them for free, but for those of us that are decent enough to pay the meager some of money this will be useful.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:06 PM   #4
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

You know how it feels when I want to buy a few games, but have absolutely no money to do so..?
Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:08 PM   #5
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally posted by AcidJazz
You know how it feels when I want to buy a few games, but have absolutely no money to do so..?
All the time my friend, hence why I budget!

Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:18 PM   #6
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

I'd say there's loads of great old games but one that is particularily good is Myth II. There's lots of expansions and 3rd party maps and is still being well supported today. There was even yet another new game patch on 29/8/03! It's about £4.00 here (about $6.30)

http://fileball.net/mill/
http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/3

Last edited by The_KELRaTH : Aug 30, 2003 at 02:23 PM.
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 02:59 PM   #7
TopoGeigeo
Da Mouse, Huzaa!

TopoGeigeo is still being judged by the masses

The best bargin game I've ever boguht has to be Moto GP 2. yeah, for 25 bucks canadian, I'd have to say it was quite a bargin!
Old Aug 30, 2003, 03:14 PM   #8
friskyolive
Looking down on you!

friskyolive is still being judged by the masses

undying, american mcgees alice.

[CPU]: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM [MOBO]: ASUS M4A78T-E ATX 790GX Socket AM3 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard[GPU]: Powercolor Radeon HD 5770 In Crossfire [SOUND]: Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1A Headset 50MM Drivers Circumaural Earcups and the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM Fatality PRO with Yamaha 5590 Receiver[MEMORY]: OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV4GK) DDR3 1600MHz Gold Edition Low Voltage 4GB (2x2048MB) Dual Channel and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB [MONITOR]: DELL U2410, 24W, OPT/FPWS,CUS [HD]: Western Digital 320GB and 1 TB Black Edition [Optical Drives]: LG GSA-4167B Dual Layer DVD±R/RW Drive [PSU]: Corsair HX 1000 watt [OS]: Win7 64-bit Professional On a Antec 1200 Full Tower Case.
friskyolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 03:17 PM   #9
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Rune
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 03:38 PM   #10
PoweredBySoy
Radeon Northern Islands

PoweredBySoy is still being judged by the masses

Rune! Absolutely, I concur.

I loved that game.
PoweredBySoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 04:25 PM   #11
Sapiens
Radeon R420

Sapiens is still being judged by the masses

Homeworld - Game of the Year Edition
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846
Sapiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 05:55 PM   #12
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Fade To Black.

That's all I can say. The grandfather of Tomb Raider, I love this game to death. I'm so happy I got sent a copy of it, it really warms the cockles of my heart.

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 06:06 PM   #13
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally posted by klutzon
Fade To Black.

That's all I can say. The grandfather of Tomb Raider, I love this game to death. I'm so happy I got sent a copy of it, it really warms the cockles of my heart.
I wouldn't really compare it to Tomb Raider, other than the fact that it is 3rd person.

Btw, that game is pretty much a sequel to the great 2d platform/puzzle game Flashback (whice was a pseudo sequel to Out of This World).
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 06:20 PM   #14
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

starcraft

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 06:31 PM   #15
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Default Re: Best bargain bin games thread

Quote:
Originally posted by xCLAVEx
Name some really great bargain bin games. I'll start off with a few of my own (bargain bin is $20 or less).

Independance War 2
Freespace 2
Imperium Galactica 2
Serious Sam and it's expansion
Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion
Carmaggeddon 2
Kohan Ahrimans Gift
Disciples 2 and it's expansions
Hostile Waters Anteus Rising
I am convinced. You are my long lost twin. Nice picks.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 06:32 PM   #16
PamG
Radeon R600

PamG is still being judged by the masses

Thief: The Dark Project
Grim Fandango
FreedomForce
Tachyon
SystemShock2
Homeworld:Cataclysm

I always make it a point to check out bargain bins.
Only Cataclysm and SS2 cast more than $10.
PamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 07:58 PM   #17
Robotzombie
The Coz

Robotzombie is still being judged by the masses

Grim Fandango (obviously).

Other than the best game ever, the 2 Fallouts can be had for cheap if you're lucky, and they are 10 pounds of fun in a 5 pound bag.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 08:23 PM   #18
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Battle Realms 5,bucks

Gi.Combat =te sucs!

PrimalHunt AVP2 didnt know i needed a key
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 08:47 PM   #19
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My favorite bargin games thus far have been:

AvP2 + Expansion.
Diablo II + Expansion - While they were $30 collectively, the game was well worth it.
Black & White
Max Payne (Add the KungFu mod and it is what Enter the Matrix should've been)

Klutzon, you are my new best friend; Fade to Black was my favorite game up until HL was released. It was a great game, and very challenging at times. What I wouldn't give to play it again; My brother loaned it to a friend, whom moved and never returned it.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 10:06 PM   #20
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

FFS PEEPS!!

Blade of Darkness!!!

How many times do I have to mention this friggin game?
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:05 PM   #21
***CENSORED***
Enter the Homertrix!

***CENSORED*** is still being judged by the masses

Half Life

original Unreal

Undying

Freedom Force

Star Wars Starfighter (I liked it)

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force

Dues Ex

SilverStone TJ06 / AMD Athlon 64 3500+ / Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI / 1.5 GB Mushkin PC3200 / Leadtek Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB / Maxtor 250 GB with 16 MB cache SATA / Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS / Sony 16x DVD-RW / Ultra-X Finity 600 watt PSU / ViewSonic 19" monitor / Windows XP Pro / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 / still the same crappy Compaq Keyboard and Microsoft mouse

People think I've stopped lying...but I've just gotten better at it! ;)
***CENSORED*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:20 PM   #22
Niec
Trailblazer

Niec is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Crawdaddy79
FFS PEEPS!!

Blade of Darkness!!!

How many times do I have to mention this friggin game?
Aye that's a good one but it's also a pain to get working properly on newer systems

Desktop 1
Athlon XP 2000 :: 512 MB PC2100 :: 8K3A+ :: 9800 Pro :: Windows XP

Desktop 2
Barton 2500 :: 1024 MB PC3500 :: 8RDA3+ :: 9700 Pro :: Windows XP
Niec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:32 PM   #23
golem
Radeon R300

golem is still being judged by the masses

so many good games in the bargain bin... this is a great time to play some of those games for which sequels are coming out soon

Half Life
Thief Gold, 2
Age of Mythology
Deus Ex
Neverwinter Nights

Some releases from earlier this year that have been overlooked are also hitting the bins:

Galactic Civlizations
Vietcong

I wonder if Moo3 is worth playin yet.. nah probably not ;P
Xbox360/Halo Xbox/PS2/GameCube/GBA SP
golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:58 PM   #24
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally posted by golem

Neverwinter Nights

Where did you see Neverwinter Nights for a bargain bin price? That game is still being sold for $30 at comp usa and bestbuy.

EDIT: Nevermind, they must have lowered the price as I see it is now at $19.99.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Aug 31, 2003 at 12:15 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:28 AM   #25
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

I remeber buying the Starcraft Battle Chest for only 7 bucks brand spankin new at bestbuy. I bet you I still have the reciept too.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote