Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Official: "Post Pics of Your Car" Thread

My brand new 2004 mustang . I just bought last monday

Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

It's a very plain car but that's just the way I like it, the car is great for motorway driving which it does quietly and smoothly. And the main reason I bought the car:

This was after a 135 mile run, averaging 54 mph (which is good for that road) on a road which involved a lot of steep hills.

John

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:34 PM   #3
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

too lazy to get up and take a pic of my car. so here is one from consumer reports. same color...

1996 gmc Jimmy 4x4. has 139,965 miles on it. soo close to 140,000.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Number of car threads are getting insane, but oh well...

Much wuv
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:43 PM   #5
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I demand you paint your front lip and sideskirts jasef, it will make your ride 100X better.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:45 PM   #6
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, the faded plastic is really killing what is really a nice car.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:48 PM   #7
pixie69
Not in the face!

pixie69 is still being judged by the masses

^^ what he said
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:48 PM   #8
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingBeef
Yeah, the faded plastic is really killing what is really a nice car.
I had the same problem with my car -- cost me a $150 to get rear, frontlip and sideskirts painted to match -- completely different car afterwards.

Do it Jasef.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:51 PM   #9
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

My horrid 30 second photoshop of Jasef's beama with some paint:

Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:52 PM   #10
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

How many of these POST PICS OF YOUR CARS threads do we really need?

Cant we just sticky one of them so the hurting can stop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:52 PM   #11
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchWRX
I demand you paint your front lip and sideskirts jasef, it will make your ride 100X better.
I will I will!!

Right after I get rid of a very small and tiny bit of rust on it, that I really don't want to spread beneath the paint
I will do this once its a bit warmer and more dry outside, and when thats done, painting will be a high priority

Because we all know that will add another 5hp allong with some decals
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:56 PM   #12
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchWRX
My horrid 30 second photoshop of Jasef's beama with some paint:

[ig]http://www.flexconcepts.ca/clay/bmwupl.gif[/img]

Find the 4 changes Ive made
Old Feb 9, 2005, 06:56 PM   #13
Dred
Rage3D Veteran

Dred is still being judged by the masses

I'm too embarrassed to send pics. I have reached Mini Van land.

Explorer Eddie Baurer
Honda Mini Van w/ DVD for the kiddies.

Wife made me dump my A6 Audi Quattro and get the van last fall. Sucks getting old

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8776

Mine was black not red. Great car for michigan, pretty fast and super handling in the snow w/ the Quatro 4 wheel drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53
My brand new 2004 mustang . I just bought last monday

• X800XT PE CAT 5.8 old cp
  • Plextor SATA 16x DL DVD burner
  • Raptor 36 + Maxtor 120 SATAs
  • ALtec Lansing MX5021 Spkrs
  • ATI TV Wonder VE (Using Showshifter)
  • Next system X2!
Dred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:03 PM   #14
brandon_k_w
Blu-ray will win.

brandon_k_w is still being judged by the masses

brandon_k_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:16 PM   #15
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef

Find the 4 changes Ive made
1 - dumped
2 - low pros/bigger rims
3 - clear corners and taillights
4 - lip paint

Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:20 PM   #16
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
1 - dumped
2 - low pros/bigger rims
3 - clear corners and taillights
4 - lip paint

Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:27 PM   #17
Cylan
Roll The Bones

Cylan is still being judged by the masses

My 1989 Buick Skyhawk:

2.0L, 3-speed automatic, with a roaring 93HP output, this baby can fly past the top of the 85MPH speedometer and reach speeds of over 105! Comes complete with cassette/radio with a failing tape head and a dead right channel circuit. Also included in this sporty package is a non-functional cruise control, and to top it all off the luxurious blue interior cieling felt has begun to sag greatly! Comes in two shades of original white with rust accents.

Oil pump may be failing. Only 108,500 miles on the odometer.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:
http://www.tcnj.edu/~wallace5/tach.html <An interactive tachometer for the car, written because I wanted to know my engine speeds, since the car doesn't have a real tach, and

http://www.tcnj.edu/~wallace5/gasmileage.php <The gas mileage I've been getting in it.

Last edited by Cylan : Feb 9, 2005 at 07:33 PM.
Cylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:38 PM   #18
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Tiburon 2004, with a crap load of stuff added onto it.

clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:42 PM   #19
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred
I'm too embarrassed to send pics. I have reached Mini Van land.

Explorer Eddie Baurer
Honda Mini Van w/ DVD for the kiddies.

Wife made me dump my A6 Audi Quattro and get the van last fall. Sucks getting old

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8776

Mine was black not red. Great car for michigan, pretty fast and super handling in the snow w/ the Quatro 4 wheel drive.

u dropped a audi for a minivan...GASP. omfg burn in hell! seriously divorce the wife and get the audi back! NOW
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:46 PM   #20
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I don't have any recent full car shots and it's a little dark out right now. Yesterday evening I worked on my car and took some closeups though.

It's a '96 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe.

I replaced the headlights, turn signals, and fog lamps with Depo diamond clears. Cost me $260 w/shipping for everything (including new headlight gaskets) from Modern Performance. There's quite a big difference over the stock lighting (especially if the stock lenses are plagued by the fogging and yellowing).

Anyway, on to the pics....

Before:

After:

Last two were fresh after the install. I should have taken pics of the other side since that headlight had all the haze crap (one I took a pic of was a new light that was a replacement when my car was in the body shop). I'm just happy that these Depos illuminate the road much better.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:12 PM   #21
Soul Rage

Soul Rage is still being judged by the masses

If you must see... And, no I didn't use my cell camera for these, it would be blasphemy

Enjoy, I sure do. (Audi TT my ass...)

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/2351/03g12bd.jpg

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/1197/07g17sx.jpg

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/741/08g19uz.jpg

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/7333/11g12sy.jpg

No, you don't want to know how much I pay for insurance (damn speeding laws...)

Last edited by Soul Rage : Feb 9, 2005 at 08:42 PM.
Soul Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:21 PM   #22
Jeff Lange
National Jeff Day!

Jeff Lange is still being judged by the masses

Corolla was dirty when I took the pic, heh, it's a pic from right after I got the car. I also have the alloy wheels from the front on all 4 corners now.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:26 PM   #23
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Nice shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Rage
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:42 PM   #24
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's a 1994 Saturn SL that I got as my first car for $1,750. I only paid $1,000 though. It has Pioneer speakers and a Pioneer CD-player that sound good, and a roaring 4-cylinder 1.9L engine that barely uses any gas even though I floor it all the time. I really like it even though it's a crap car. At least it's not as crappy as my girlfriend's car.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:42 PM   #25
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

yep a bug
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:55 PM   #26
Soul Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Nice shots!
Thank you.

All stock. I hate after-market parts. Not to mention it's still got the dealer wax on it.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:57 PM   #27
m3talc0re
Radeon Evergreen

m3talc0re is still being judged by the masses

I'm not EVEN posting pix of my car right now, lol. It's an '88 Honda CRX and it's in pretty bad shape. I've got a few pix of it in its current condition, but I wont show those until I've gotten the card looking better for a before/after kinda thing, lol.

"The real hell is your life gone wrong."
m3talc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:18 PM   #28
Soul Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talc0re
I'm not EVEN posting pix of my car right now, lol. It's an '88 Honda CRX and it's in pretty bad shape.
It's alright. I just came off an 86 300ZX that I beat the piss out of for a couple years, racking up tickets all the way. I hit a guard-rail driving like a mad-man in the rain (STUPID, STUPID, STUPID) and it wasn't too pretty when I was done, to say the least.

Post em! Post em!!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:20 PM   #29
James Crivellone
Radeon Southern Islands

James Crivellone is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Here are my 2 "rides"

1986 BMW 325

Spec Sheet = http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/member_...rivell_325.htm

And the 1992 4Runner that I drive every day to work and back

James Crivellone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:23 PM   #30
UDHA
Clbuttic

UDHA is still being judged by the masses

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.
By the late 1980s, Stallman had refined it to a more simple mnemonic:
"Don't think free as in free beer; think free as in [freedom]."
UDHA is offline   Reply With Quote