Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 14, 2019, 01:42 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game is mad max in FPS format. Quite boring right now and graphics are also poop. Low res models, low res textures, static boxes, unbreakable objects. Very dull environments. Gunplay is the only thing that may keep me playing. I think this seems slightly better than Anthem right now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 02:13 AM   #152
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So wait for sale?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 05:22 AM   #153
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
From the screens the game actually looks pretty good despite the blur. What's the go with the wasteland? Why is it getting bashed?

I'd love to pick this up but I'm not sure that $100 price tag is worth it.
At that price I would wait for a sale
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 14, 2019, 06:07 AM   #154
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
So wait for sale?
I paid 35. I think it is 25 too much.
Old May 14, 2019, 06:21 AM   #155
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

I actually agree with KAC. I wasn't willing to risk passing the Steam refund window to find out how good the gunplay gets though. I'd rather just play DOOM 2016 some more.
Old May 14, 2019, 07:19 AM   #156
KAC
That postcount though...

People may enjoy it but it really seems like a chore and collectathon right now. I did 2 arks, cleared 3 areas and just hit my first objective and already I have fetch quests lined up. I am sure it gets better but the fact that it feels like I am playing a 2014 or earlier game is disappointing. It is not just the graphics it is questing and open world. Honestly just play Mad Max. At least that one had some intriguing story.

Will post more when I play more.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:46 AM   #157
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
21:9 support?
https://news.softpedia.com/news/rage...e-525927.shtml

Quote:
Rage 2 also comes with ultra-wide (21:9) and super ultra-wide support (32:9) on PCs
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 01:00 PM   #158
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Aww yiss. Going to get it when I get time to play(probably june since I got some stuff coming up)

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 05:04 PM   #159
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

How to make the game look less like blurry/muddy ass:

This resulted a HUGE improvement for me. I had already switched to FXAA, but I didn't realize turning off DoF would result in such better image clarity. I figured it was mostly for aiming down sights and cutscenes.
Old May 14, 2019, 05:12 PM   #160
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Those are things I always have off.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:08 PM   #161
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Has anyone gotten RTSS OSD to work with this title?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:30 PM   #162
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Im not getting rid of dof… I also can't stand jaggies, I'd rather have smooth blurriness than shimmering
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:51 PM   #163
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can't stand DoF...always turn it off if I can.
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 09:53 PM   #164
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Haven't watched this so not sure if there are spoilers

Old May 14, 2019, 09:55 PM   #165
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

This game is really starting to grow on me. Hot DAMN the combat rocks once you start getting more abilities & weapons!
Old May 15, 2019, 04:05 AM   #166
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

so you just need to register a bethesda account and then you just use steam and nothing else?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 08:55 AM   #167
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

, looks like bethesda forgot to include the drm on the bethesda.net version.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE_2#Notes
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 09:05 AM   #168
KAC
That postcount though...

Haha. They also forgot to include high resolution textures, high poly models and fun.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:09 AM   #169
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Haha. They also forgot to include high resolution textures, high poly models and fun.
I'd u turn off DOF game is much sharper.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 12:14 PM   #170
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Having fun with the game and the combat is enjoyable as I get more abilities. It's been exactly what I was hoping it would be.

The OCD in me makes me try and find all the storage containers, but some of them are pretty tricky to find.
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 01:46 PM   #171
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The game is solid, feels like it basically is mad max with doom shootbang instead of batman combat though, at least when it comes to the open world stuff.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 02:50 PM   #172
Chubz
Doomer

This game's shotgun has got to be one of the most satisfying I've ever used in a modern FPS, hands down.

The sound of it, the damage it dishes out, the way the alternate fire just sends people flying as though they've been hit by a Mack truck... goddamn that thing is brutal!
Old May 15, 2019, 09:45 PM   #173
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Vulkan only ? pffft
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 11:29 PM   #174
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm waiting until someone figures out how to up the res scaling.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 01:30 AM   #175
KAC
That postcount though...

Played some more. Turned off DOF and game still looks like ass.
Ran around doing some missions. Very underwhelming. Too many upgrades to do and a full on collectathon as if you don’t do storage containers you don’t get resources to upgrade. Also it takes like 2-3 layers to upgrade anything. First unlock the tier, then the upgrade option and then apply mods using another set of collectible. Just downright ridiculous and artificial padding.

The whole game is artificial padding. Missions are terrible to meh. I skip almost all the dialog now. Gunplay is good but just tedious with all the button presses to find the right combo.

I am playing on hard and game poses decent challenge. But right now I rate it about 5/10. I have heard campaign is 15-20 hours depending on how much you indulge and how much OCD you have. I am pretty OCD so I am completing locations but it is truly becoming uneventful. It doesn’t have the tightness of Doom.

I think $10 would be a good buy for this game.
Old May 16, 2019, 01:34 AM   #176
Megaman
Packing heat!

Campaign is about 9 hours actually if you blast through it. That alone is def not worth the price tag.
Old May 16, 2019, 03:38 AM   #177
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Sheesh not every game can be a red dead redemption 2

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 04:12 AM   #178
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

On the fence about buying this. I hear combat is great but the game sucks in general.. costs $99 dollarydoos on steam.. think I'll wait for sale.
Old May 16, 2019, 04:25 AM   #179
Megaman
Packing heat!

Hopefully it does a BF V and prices tank in a week or two.
Old May 16, 2019, 06:13 AM   #180
KAC
That postcount though...

Game is so stupid that it pauses in the middle of action and shows a big ass banner like tutorial or some other objective crap. Then asks you to press enter but doesn’t allow the num pad enter key. I wanted to fricking break my monitor on this crap. Wtf?