Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:24 PM   #2941
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Yeah, DoD Source is the better game anyways. Thats one game that I always have fun playing.

I canceled my preorder. I just won't get my moneys worth out of it.
You'll get your money's worth with DoD Source which has so little to offer, but not with Battlefield 3? Say wha!?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2942
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
“destruction was downscaled and rigid in the beta. Full on for retail." Source
With all the changes and improvements they've seemed to have made between beta code and release code, why the hell did they release the beta in that form? It seems like they're almost worlds apart, at this point.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2943
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I thought it was the securoms that they kept the pirates away, they cannot bypass the release check.
I believe it's a clonedvd version that is circulating. Granted, strange to see a pc version floating around prior to the console leak.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:33 PM   #2944
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
With all the changes and improvements they've seemed to have made between beta code and release code, why the hell did they release the beta in that form? It seems like they're almost worlds apart, at this point.
They released an old build to the players for testing servers, and backend testing. They weren't testing the game, they were testing their end..
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2945
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
They released an old build to the players for testing servers, and backend testing. They weren't testing the game, they were testing their end..

Yes, but they realeased it because they were leagally obligated (MOH), I enjoyed it but it hurt them.
xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:14 AM   #2946
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:51 AM   #2947
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I don't know, most of the servers that I've hopped on recently have much more than one tank and heli per map, far more actually. Its one of the reasons that I dislike BC2 its as bad as the cheesy kill streak rewards in COD. I have no urge to learn how to fly a heli in BC2, thats not what I bought the game to do. It seems like the tanks and helis on most servers are as bad as snipers were at launch.
I can tell you exactly how many vehicles are in each rush map that can kill you, and most have 0, 1 or 2. And often the vehicles in those maps are lightly armed and lightly armoured, like the light tank, transport chopper, boats and jeeps.

Theres also squad rush and squad deathmatch which have no vehicles.

I'm not a fan of vehicle heavy games either and I dont play Conquest because of this (plus I dont like the gametype anyway.. yawn)

Dont take this the wrong way and I know you understand the game and how to play it, but I think like KAC you just dont get the gameplay and flow of the battle, and are playing it like cod, RO2 etc..
Sneaking around corners slowly, playing cautiously so you dont die and getting a kill here and there..
Where as in that same time I would have jumped on a 4 wheeler and cruised up as far as I could in the "safe area", jump off and sprint the rest of the way occasionaly running past cover when shot at but always moving. Then killing a couple enemy and making a break for it through the gap I just created (like NFL! Knowing how to time your break through a gap in defense is key in BC2 rush imo). Now that I have broken through and am on the flank, squad starts spawning on me and the raping begins, getting heaps of kills shooting them in the side or back and maybe C4 a tank before moving in to plant the bombs. By the time the bomb is blown you and KAC are still hiding from the transport chopper half way back down the map because it killed you once lol
If my plan doesnt work and I die I dont care, I squad spawn in the action and try it again with variations in tactics until it works, unlike CoD, CSS etc where I try to stay alive as long as possible. Suicide runs taking out large numbers of enemy by surprise on the flanks and planting bombs are common in BC2. I know I'm going to die so instead of trying to avoid death, I prefer to get in there and take as many as I can with me, and it works, I got into the top 500 on the global leader board (epeen )

I had exactly the same mindset as you a few years ago concerning FPS when I was playing in leagues in CSS, DoDs & CoD, but honestly every good player I know that has matured as an fps player has evolved into a BC2 and now BF3 rush player.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:54 AM   #2948
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Dice recommends a 560ti for high, so a 5870 is fine for high.

And no benchmarks, the game might be leaked, but there is no crack.
@night

Thanks alot mate, Im not really into war games but this is my first fav War game, I hope 5770 can run at least till Hitman 5 and Maxpayne 3 comes out, And I swear I only bought this card for those games as well as AC Series.

@Mangler

How do you know a crack isn't out yet ? you visit the ***p***bay site daily ?

OMG Tom clancy's Hawx 2, still no crack for it, co'z it suxx so bad even skidrow, reloaded hate it

on a side note : Does "GDDR" Ram counts in such things ? co'z my system says I have 1751 MB of Total Memory while my 5770 HD is 1 GB

Last edited by Evil Nemesis : Oct 20, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Evil Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:42 AM   #2949
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I can tell you exactly how many vehicles are in each rush map that can kill you, and most have 0, 1 or 2. And often the vehicles in those maps are lightly armed and lightly armoured, like the light tank, transport chopper, boats and jeeps.

Theres also squad rush and squad deathmatch which have no vehicles.

I'm not a fan of vehicle heavy games either and I dont play Conquest because of this (plus I dont like the gametype anyway.. yawn)

Dont take this the wrong way and I know you understand the game and how to play it, but I think like KAC you just dont get the gameplay and flow of the battle, and are playing it like cod, RO2 etc..
Sneaking around corners slowly, playing cautiously so you dont die and getting a kill here and there..
Where as in that same time I would have jumped on a 4 wheeler and cruised up as far as I could in the "safe area", jump off and sprint the rest of the way occasionaly running past cover when shot at but always moving. Then killing a couple enemy and making a break for it through the gap I just created (like NFL! Knowing how to time your break through a gap in defense is key in BC2 rush imo). Now that I have broken through and am on the flank, squad starts spawning on me and the raping begins, getting heaps of kills shooting them in the side or back and maybe C4 a tank before moving in to plant the bombs. By the time the bomb is blown you and KAC are still hiding from the transport chopper half way back down the map because it killed you once lol
If my plan doesnt work and I die I dont care, I squad spawn in the action and try it again with variations in tactics until it works, unlike CoD, CSS etc where I try to stay alive as long as possible. Suicide runs taking out large numbers of enemy by surprise on the flanks and planting bombs are common in BC2. I know I'm going to die so instead of trying to avoid death, I prefer to get in there and take as many as I can with me, and it works, I got into the top 500 on the global leader board (epeen )

I had exactly the same mindset as you a few years ago concerning FPS when I was playing in leagues in CSS, DoDs & CoD, but honestly every good player I know that has matured as an fps player has evolved into a BC2 and now BF3 rush player.

what he said...

There are people that sit back and get 8 or 10:1 kills:d, and don't really do a damn thing, and there are those like us that get more 50:50 k:d but are out there making things happen for the team.
As long as you are playing smart and pushing the line, death is irrelevant.

Except I do prefer conquest . It is far more dynamic. Rush gets boring, but i also don't like heavy armor maps. That 3 flag conquest in the desert street and the 2 snow maps are my favs.

I was in a rush Monday night.. 8v8. We won the defense, but then on switching sides we could barely get to a box. I looked over and my 3 other squad mates were snipers. Checked the squad screen.. 2 others were snipers... rush attack with 5 snipers... /exit

Last edited by night : Oct 20, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:04 AM   #2950
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
what he said...

There are people that sit back and get 8 or 10:1 kills:d, and don't really do a damn thing, and there are those like us that get more 50:50 k:d but are out there making things happen for the team.
As long as you are playing smart and pushing the line, death is irrelevant.

Except I do prefer conquest . It is far more dynamic. Rush gets boring, but i also don't like heavy armor maps. That 3 flag conquest in the desert street and the 2 snow maps are my favs.

I was in a rush Monday night.. 8v8. We won the defense, but then on switching sides we could barely get to a box. I looked over and my 3 other squad mates were snipers. Checked the squad screen.. 2 others were snipers... rush attack with 5 snipers... /exit
I'm one of those attack snipers. I pick and choose my spots and then I go full bore into the fray. You can thank countless hours of playing with the awp in counter-strike for that. As a sniper i'm usually on the top 5 or so on the team in points.

Then if they get too close, I knife them
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:12 AM   #2951
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'll have to see how badly they nerfed the semi-auto rifles since the beta, but if they are still viable, I can see myself playing Recon a lot in BF3. The MK11 and SVD were absolute beasts in the beta.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:14 AM   #2952
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i like hunting down snipers with the 4x scope (I play assault almost exclusively). just don't stop and most give themselves away so easy with multiple misses I can then pick them off
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2953
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Ah the deal I was waiting for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER $49.99 for boxed copy, .99c shipping for delivery on release day.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:21 AM   #2954
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

ya, amazon has gone down 2 more bucks in the last couple days. I just did the downlown preorder last night.
decided the origin wep pack wasn't worth $10 as I really don't even play those classes.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2955
SOCOM Ops
Radeon R520

SOCOM Ops is still being judged by the masses

Dang I would have paid cheaper if I had waited a little. Anyways im just glad I pre ordered already.

REST IN PEACE VENGEANCE 1965-2008
SOCOM Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2956
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
@CatalystCreator: So just to be clear - please use AMD Catalyst 11.10 V3 Preview + 11.9 CAP3 for BF3 release week

@CatalystCreator: Single AMD GPU just needs 11.10 V3 preview, but if you're running CF, then grab 11.9 CAP 3 as well
http://support.amd.com/it/kbarticles...eDriverV3.aspx
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2957
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Amazon.ca still has it at $59.99
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:54 PM   #2958
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

in the mean time... wtb squad mates for this next week...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:20 PM   #2959
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Ah the deal I was waiting for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER $49.99 for boxed copy, .99c shipping for delivery on release day.
Nice deal
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:28 PM   #2960
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Nice deal
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:35 PM   #2961
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
It's still not on steam....

I couldn't help myself though. ****ing ****.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:44 PM   #2962
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

umm, I just extended my RAM to 4 GB
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:08 PM   #2963
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Nemesis View Post
umm, I just extended my RAM to 4 GB
Leave some for the rest of us!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2964
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I'm one of those attack snipers. I pick and choose my spots and then I go full bore into the fray. You can thank countless hours of playing with the awp in counter-strike for that. As a sniper i'm usually on the top 5 or so on the team in points.

Then if they get too close, I knife them
I'll do recon "sniping" when I am by myself or with a ****** squad of people I don't know. If I'm running with my usual squadmates, if I am rolling recon, its with a shotty and mag ammo. People ****ing hate that. lulz. RIGHT IN THE FACE! I would assume I'd being doing the same with BF3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2965
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Got an email from EA/Dice earlier, stating that they'll send instructions tomorrow to start the pre-load via Origin.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:46 PM   #2966
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Got the same mail. Can't wait, gonna leave my comp on all night to download that 10GB file!
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2967
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

gamersgate shows a preload countdown but i havent gotten an email yet
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:23 PM   #2968
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

NVIDIA is supposedly releasing WHQL drivers on Monday for this game that improve performance and fix the damn TDR driver crash error as well. Announced by ManuelG on their official forums.
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:57 PM   #2969
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
NVIDIA is supposedly releasing WHQL drivers on Monday for this game that improve performance and fix the damn TDR driver crash error as well. Announced by ManuelG on their official forums.
Excellent news!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:32 PM   #2970
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Ok, so I try a rush map and I just get swarmed by two helis that I'm not even sure how to take down. I hate BC2. The vehicles are as gimmicky as COD kill streak rewards.

Last edited by BababooeyHTJ : Oct 20, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote