Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:43 AM   #1621
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

System spec minimums and recommended:

source - http://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/116144843360710656
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:58 AM   #1622
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
So they recommend a good PC to play this. Got it.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:23 AM   #1623
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It sucks that we have to wait until the end of the month for the beta, I don't understand why they are waiting for the console versions.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:05 AM   #1624
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It sucks that we have to wait until the end of the month for the beta, I don't understand why they are waiting for the console versions.
I bet they are trying to steal away the console COD players.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:45 AM   #1625
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
yup beta officially announced for the 29th (27th for early preorders/moh)!
boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post

source - http://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/116144843360710656
Looks like I make the cut but somehow I feel like I am not going to get the frames Id like.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1626
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's a shame that they did not include a conquest map in the open beta-
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:50 AM   #1627
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It's a shame that they did not include a conquest map in the open beta-
You got the open beta?

Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:53 AM   #1628
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
You got the open beta?

DICE has announced the Battlefield 3 beta release date: Thursday 29th September.
It goes live on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The featured game mode is Rush, and the featured map is Operation Metro.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-release-date
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1629
logical
What is my purpose?

Metro is garbage... we arent getting caspian?

Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1630
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

looks like a 560ti SLI after Bulldozer then...
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:57 PM   #1631
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i guess ill have to settle for minimum detail at 480p
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:12 PM   #1632
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Does Operation Metro contain aircraft?

But then again its not like its one of the most important things to balance or anything like that, jets where perfect in BF2
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:20 PM   #1633
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Those are some pretty beefy minimum specs.

BTW Quad Core is a terrible and meaningless specification. An A6 is a quadcore which is not even in the same league as an i5 or i7 quadcore.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1634
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rush? Well at least now I don't care I'm not getting into the beta 2 days early now.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:49 PM   #1635
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Does Operation Metro contain aircraft?
no. it's the same map that was in the alpha a couple of months ago. just one vehicle in the map.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:01 PM   #1636
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Those are some pretty beefy minimum specs.
Not surprising though after seeing the gameplay footage and knowing how the frostbite 2 engine runs. I actually welcome this though. It will be nice to have a game that actually pushes PC hardware again. We haven't really seen one since Crysis 1. And I'm getting tired of every game just using the same low-quality dx9 360 graphics.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:54 PM   #1637
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Operation Metro is a horrible, horrible map. It feels nothing like Battlefield. If that's the only playable map in the beta, I'm going to be disappointed.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:57 PM   #1638
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_shot View Post
I actually welcome this though. It will be nice to have a game that actually pushes PC hardware again. We haven't really seen one since Crysis 1. And I'm getting tired of every game just using the same low-quality dx9 360 graphics.
Have you played Crysis 2 DX11 with texture pack?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:59 PM   #1639
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up with this game, but Bad Company 2 just didn't have the right feel for me with the combat. The guns were weak and hit detection felt off. The movement felt slow and not fluid at all. I loved the vehicle combat and destructable environments though. The movement, weapons, and hit detection/lag ultimately made me quit that game. I'm hoping this isn't a rehash with a few extra vehicles and some larger maps. The videos to BC2 made the gameplay seem much more smooth and fast than actual in-game movement was.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:37 PM   #1640
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I just hope bf3 lives up to BC2
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1641
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
no. it's the same map that was in the alpha a couple of months ago. just one vehicle in the map.
If its an infantry map it basicly means one of two things:

A) DICE know they have a winner and will bring back perfected and balanced vehicle combat like in BF2142 (which was more like BF1942 compared to the generic hitboxes in BF2, overpowered jets and helos with depleted uranium armour). They want shock and awe when it release.

B) Vehicle combat will be a crappy remix of BF2, with all its flaws and DICE dont want us to see it because they know we will throw our money at them over the coming month.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:01 PM   #1642
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
If its an infantry map it basicly means one of two things:

A) DICE know they have a winner and will bring back perfected and balanced vehicle combat like in BF2142 (which was more like BF1942 compared to the generic hitboxes in BF2, overpowered jets and helos with depleted uranium armour). They want shock and awe when it release.

B) Vehicle combat will be a crappy remix of BF2, with all its flaws and DICE dont want us to see it because they know we will throw our money at them over the coming month.
so what you're saying is... it's either good or it's not?

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:11 PM   #1643
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Man operation metro has nice underground sections but it's not really something I'd want to play for more hours.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:50 PM   #1644
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Man operation metro has nice underground sections but it's not really something I'd want to play for more hours.
Yeah, the underground parts were the only ones I thought were neat. The rest was just not that great. I want Caspian Border - Conquest, dangit! That would allow us to test how infantry combat works at long ranges, drive multiple vehicles, and even fly helicopters and jets! It would be no different than the BF1942 beta and demo which included Wake Island, another very large map with tons of vehicles.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:08 PM   #1645
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I take it we have to wait till the day of beta to download it. That's going to blow one night for me right there. So much for the big 2 day head start.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:17 PM   #1646
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Don't forget the fact that EA's servers will crash on the 29th for about 24 hours. Has happened with all the games and even the betas, too many people getting on at once.

So realistically I don't expect to be able to play this until the 30th or 31st at minimum.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:38 PM   #1647
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_shot View Post
Don't forget the fact that EA's servers will crash on the 29th for about 24 hours. Has happened with all the games and even the betas, too many people getting on at once.

So realistically I don't expect to be able to play this until the 30th or 31st at minimum.
As much hype as this game has received and now that the news is widespread, one thing's for sure: Come the 29th, it's going to be one huge mess.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:03 PM   #1648
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Have you played Crysis 2 DX11 with texture pack?
There is pushing PC GFX and then there is poor coding/implementation... Crysis2's DX11 update isn't just trying to push PC GFX.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1649
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BF3 delayed on PC...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1650
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
BF3 delayed on PC...
Damn Troll.

Funny thing is, right now you can't order bf3 on the origin web site. Some sort of database error. IDK.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Last edited by Evileh : Sep 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote