Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 10, 2019, 05:19 PM   #1171
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Sold mine yesterday.... The amount these things sell for used, are rediculous. But that's fine by me. Hardly have used it. Was worth it for the Zelda game, about it. Everything that I looked forward to just took to long (and still hasn't released) which is frustrating. I may pick one up later, but honestly. Probably my last Nintendo console. Burnt too many times by promised titles never hitting the shelves. Fire Emblem Warriors was an awful cash grab, Bayonetta 2 was the worst game purchase I've made this decade.

But the final straw was Dragon Quest 11. The game looked fantastic 2 years ago and was the main reason I bought the switch. The new trailers look awful. Way to go guys.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2019, 09:51 PM   #1172
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Sold mine yesterday.... The amount these things sell for used, are rediculous. But that's fine by me. Hardly have used it. Was worth it for the Zelda game, about it. Everything that I looked forward to just took to long (and still hasn't released) which is frustrating. I may pick one up later, but honestly. Probably my last Nintendo console. Burnt too many times by promised titles never hitting the shelves. Fire Emblem Warriors was an awful cash grab, Bayonetta 2 was the worst game purchase I've made this decade.

But the final straw was Dragon Quest 11. The game looked fantastic 2 years ago and was the main reason I bought the switch. The new trailers look awful. Way to go guys.
I should update my Zelda review, I actually grew to like it quite a bit more (once you grind to make the game less annoying, basically). But, having said that, Zelda and Mario are the only worthwhile games I've played on the thing. I deeply regret purchasing Smash, that game is godawful, mostly due to connectivity issues on the console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2019, 05:49 AM   #1173
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I buy Nintendo consoles for the Nintendo made games, not usually disappointed by those games. Anything else is bought on the other 2 consoles or PC.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2019, 01:00 AM   #1174
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I buy Nintendo consoles for the Nintendo made games, not usually disappointed by those games. Anything else is bought on the other 2 consoles or PC.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 08:41 AM   #1175
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

I try not to get into these consoles right away, and purchase them when the titles I actually want are somewhat near release. It's why I still don't have a Switch yet. Also helps that some of these titles that are 're-releasing' on the switch ive never played so I also get the opportunity to try those out for the first time.

Plus I buy a Nintendo console for the first party stuff mostly. MK8 and Splatoon were just too damn similar to the Wii-U versions to warrant a switch purchase by me.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 09:26 AM   #1176
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

That's too bad. The console has nearly 600 games released for it, if you can't find titles to buy I guess its just not for you.

You may want to rebuy it when the new Zelda releases though.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 09:48 AM   #1177
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
That's too bad. The console has nearly 600 games released for it, if you can't find titles to buy I guess its just not for you.

You may want to rebuy it when the new Zelda releases though.
I bought it for Zelda, Fire Emblem and Dragonquest primarily. Anything else was a bonus.

Zelda, great. Fantastic.
Fire Emblem (warriors, terrible, waste of $60, worst game purchase this decade). Then they finally released the real Fire Emblem, equally terrible.
Dragonquest, finally coming out despite being an "original launch title", 2 years later and looks 1/2 as graphically as good as it did in their launch trailers.
Mariokart was an absolute joke. Can play the game without even steering basically. Way to kiddied down.
Super Mario party has a SEVERE lack of content. Only 4 maps makes the game a bore.

I won't say Switch is my most regrettable console purchase. But it's probably top 3. While I enjoyed the heck out of it for Zelda, what I spent on games, and console for what I got out of it was awful.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:38 AM   #1178
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Good thing is the resale value is still high so you should have easily gotten 75% of what you paid new.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:42 AM   #1179
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Good thing is the resale value is still high so you should have easily gotten 75% of what you paid new.
Hell I actually ended up just selling it to gamestop. Hell for Switch, case, 2 games I walked out with $275 cash. I was going to put it on marketplace for that much. The switch alone they gave me $200. I could've gotten probably $50 more, but why bother meeting someone, or running the risk of flakes, etc.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:05 AM   #1180
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Hell I actually ended up just selling it to gamestop. Hell for Switch, case, 2 games I walked out with $275 cash. I was going to put it on marketplace for that much. The switch alone they gave me $200. I could've gotten probably $50 more, but why bother meeting someone, or running the risk of flakes, etc.
True, there's always something to be said about making a quick, easy and safe sale for a bit less over the risks of the alternative to make more.

If GameStop is currently still giving 2/3 of the original price you paid for it that's pretty good.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:50 PM   #1181
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Is a PS4 Pro portable? How much do you think a portable PS4 Pro would cost? You're talking apples to oranges. Despite all your hand wringing, the Switch IS a great console, it's selling like a great console too.
Well.. when u are home switch wants to be an apple If this was a handheld only I wouldn't even care... but I do care because I only play my switch home where on a big tv can look better for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's because it has a screen and it's a handheld device, just because it's less power doesn't mean it should be cheaper.

Mobile hardware is less powerful because... it's mobile. That doesn't mean it should automatically cost less, that's the price of having mobile hardware.
I don't agree. When hardware price is set by what's inside and what features it has... on everything from phones to PC's I think power should be a great starting point for the price.
But i agree that mobile hardware should be more expensive. And that switch is a great portable for some.. too bad is not for me and since I have it as a home console I feel scamed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Because console price isn't correlated with hardware power (like in a PC).
PC Masterrace mindset doesn't work with consoles.
As I said.. expensive and powerful hardware is always expensive... we can talk about phones, cars, coffee machines, fridges, tv, anything.. when a company is making something that costs more money is normal for us to get charged.. and with a few exceptions, this is a great rule.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 09:26 AM   #1182
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragewars_sc View Post
Well.. when u are home switch wants to be an apple If this was a handheld only I wouldn't even care... but I do care because I only play my switch home where on a big tv can look better for the price.

I don't agree. When hardware price is set by what's inside and what features it has... on everything from phones to PC's I think power should be a great starting point for the price.
But i agree that mobile hardware should be more expensive. And that switch is a great portable for some.. too bad is not for me and since I have it as a home console I feel scamed

As I said.. expensive and powerful hardware is always expensive... we can talk about phones, cars, coffee machines, fridges, tv, anything.. when a company is making something that costs more money is normal for us to get charged.. and with a few exceptions, this is a great rule.
Even at home, I almost never play my Switch on the TV.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:20 AM   #1183
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm with Ragewars, I still don't understand why the Switch was made portable. The entire idea of the thing is silly to me. Are THAT many people running around with the things that it needed to be portable? Obviously, since it's selling well, people must be. Or they are left in the cradle like a traditional console. I have one buddy with a kid that walks around the house with it, so I can see from his perspective how nice of a feature it might be.

Since I never play video games outside of my house and don't do portable anything, the concept just seems strange.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 04:55 PM   #1184
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I see tons of kids with switches out and even adults. I was just at the mall and there were a group of kids playing in it's lounge area

I think they did right by going portable. I wouldn't have gotten one if it wasn't. I play mine during down time at work.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 05:44 PM   #1185
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It didnt need to be portable for me, I almost never play it away from the TV.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 08:33 PM   #1186
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I see tons of kids with switches out and even adults. I was just at the mall and there were a group of kids playing in it's lounge area

I think they did right by going portable. I wouldn't have gotten one if it wasn't. I play mine during down time at work.
The only kid, or person, that I've ever seen playing a Nintendo Switch anywhere was my friends kid in their own house. That's the only Switch I've ever seen in my life outside of a box at the store.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 08:52 PM   #1187
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The only kid, or person, that I've ever seen playing a Nintendo Switch anywhere was my friends kid in their own house. That's the only Switch I've ever seen in my life outside of a box at the store.
Honestly, theyre all over LA.

I havent touched my switch in a long time though... I played one game a month ago but since then it was dusty for months. Im waiting for the new Zelda game.

Old Aug 18, 2019, 09:44 PM   #1188
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Honestly, theyre all over LA.

I havent touched my switch in a long time though... I played one game a month ago but since then it was dusty for months. Im waiting for the new Zelda game.
I'm honestly starting to want one, with a couple of the recent game releases. It's still hard to justify it though, since even the used market isn't much cheaper. I'll never use it as a portable, but that's really irrelevant since it can just stay docked and used on a normal screen anyway.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 07:26 AM   #1189
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I'm with Ragewars, I still don't understand why the Switch was made portable. The entire idea of the thing is silly to me. Are THAT many people running around with the things that it needed to be portable? Obviously, since it's selling well, people must be. Or they are left in the cradle like a traditional console. I have one buddy with a kid that walks around the house with it, so I can see from his perspective how nice of a feature it might be.

Since I never play video games outside of my house and don't do portable anything, the concept just seems strange.
In my case, I don't have a lot of time to game, so the portability aspect is the best feature, I can pick it up and get going pretty easily. I also like that I can play it in handheld while my wife watches something on the TV.

And I did take it on a trip recently, and it was fantastic on the airplane. I've grown to like it more and more the less time I have to game
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:20 AM   #1190
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

The portability of the switch seems to mimic the purpose of the 3DS. In the same sense I never saw a 3ds nor do I see a portable Switch out in the wild.

However the portability is a huge benefit, as it seems to succeed at what the Wii-U partially failed to do. I do sometimes find myself playing my Wii-U off screen (on the tablet) or even wanting to play it somewhere in the house away from the actual console unit. But due to its limited range that's impossible to do. (Like say its in the living room, but I want to play it in the bedroom before I go to sleep...but cant do that without taking the Wii-U upstairs). It was one of the features I thought was pretty "Damn this is cool!" when I first got the Wii-U. In the Switch's case all you'd need is a docking station if you wanted to play it on the TV in a different room, or just deal with the little screen.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:02 PM   #1191
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
The portability of the switch seems to mimic the purpose of the 3DS. In the same sense I never saw a 3ds nor do I see a portable Switch out in the wild.
Wha? You've never seen a 3ds out in the wild? I am constantly seeing kids with a 3ds or 2ds. Maybe just the region you're in?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:38 PM   #1192
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game Stop has that Switch upgrade deal for extra 25 bucks to the normal 175 they give you to get the one with the better battery and Sharp screen. If you current unit is in good shape. But how to transfer your game saves if the local store is not up for to do it for you. (Some stores do, some do not)

Makes the total 100, sorry my original post was not clear at all. (edit edit)

Or hold out for the Pro version next year, if that is still going to happen.

Last edited by Athena : Aug 23, 2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: post was not clear
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2019, 07:32 PM   #1193
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Game Stop has that Switch upgrade deal for 25 bucks to get the one with the better battery and screen. If you current unit is in good shape. But how to transfer your game saves if the local store is not up for to do it for you. (Some do, some do not)

Wait, better battery and screen? What did I miss??
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:02 AM   #1194
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Wait, better battery and screen? What did I miss??
Slightly better battery life... there are no real difference in the screens. Some claim its slightly brighter but without a real side by side with some calibrator present it doesnt amount to much of anything.

There are actually 3 versions of the switch now.

OG Switch
Switch V2
Switch Lite

Switch Lite is for the budget minded... it doesnt have rumble controllers(which is a big feature to miss IMO) and you cant connect it to a TV.

Switch OG and Switch V2 are basically the same in terms of looks but V2 has new internals and 2 hour better battery life.

Old Aug 20, 2019, 09:18 AM   #1195
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Slightly better battery life... there are no real difference in the screens. Some claim its slightly brighter but without a real side by side with some calibrator present it doesnt amount to much of anything.

There are actually 3 versions of the switch now.

OG Switch
Switch V2
Switch Lite

Switch Lite is for the budget minded... it doesnt have rumble controllers(which is a big feature to miss IMO) and you cant connect it to a TV.

Switch OG and Switch V2 are basically the same in terms of looks but V2 has new internals and 2 hour better battery life.
-Switch OG is what it is.

-Switch Lite is cheaper, mobile only and non-detachable controllers with no TV out capability (joycons can be sync'd separately though). Use a die shrunk slightly updated Tegra processor to achieve a bit better battery life than Switch OG. Honestly its probably more for those who either wants to replace a 3DS or just never use a switch in docked form.

-Switch V2 is Just a switch with the die shrunk Tegra processor in the Switch Lite.

Switch V2 and Switch Lite most likely use the same updated die shrunk Tegra processor to achieve its results. And the Switch V2 likely has a larger capacitiy battery which is why it strangly has better battery life than the Switch Lite.

The Switch OG and V2 have different packaging so its easy to distinguish between the two (OG switch has a white box with pictures, the V2 has a red box with a bit more minimalistic pictures)
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:22 AM   #1196
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Game Stop has that Switch upgrade deal for 25 bucks to get the one with the better battery and screen. If you current unit is in good shape. But how to transfer your game saves if the local store is not up for to do it for you. (Some do, some do not)

I traded mine in last night. Not a bad upgrade for $75.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:40 AM   #1197
logical
What is my purpose?

Whats the point? It doesnt really offer anything compelling.

Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:00 AM   #1198
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The new screen is by Sharp. Here is a article by Gizmodo about it.

Within the last month, Nintendo has announced a cheaper and more portable version of the Switch in the upcoming Switch Lite, along with a hardware revision for the existing Switch boasting greatly improved battery life among other improvements.

But now, while we wait for these systems to hit the market, it seems the Switch is getting another upgrade in the form of a new display. According to a report by the Wall Street Journal, Japanese electronics maker Sharp will supply IGZO screens to Nintendo for use in future Switch models.

If true, this would be a major improvement for the Switch and possibly the Switch Lite, as one of the biggest complaints about the Switch is Nintendo’s use of lackluster display tech.

By opting to use Sharp’s screens in the Switch, Nintendo could take advantage of the smaller transistors used in IGZO displays to increase the system’s overall power efficiency. Screens based on IGZO tech—which is an acronym for the indium gallium zinc oxide used to make Sharp’s semiconductors—tend to have better transparency than silicon-based displays, which reduces the need for brighter backlighting, and could even help eliminate the cloudiness or haziness that often plagues the current Switch’s screen.
Article preview thumbnail
The Switch Lite Seems Nice, But What I Really Want Is a Switch Pro

Earlier this week, Nintendo finally announced the long-rumored Switch Lite and it looks good. At…
Read more

IGZO displays also suffer from less noise compared to other forms of display tech—a feature that Sharp claims makes its screens more sensitive to touch input. So in short, future Switch models could feature displays with brighter, richer colors that are more responsive to touch, which seems like a win all-around.

That said, IGZO still can’t match the color gamut or contrast ratios typically seen in OLED displays, which have become common on a lot of mid-range and high-end smartphones such as the iPhone XS and Galaxy S10, and the original version of the PS Vita.

And while Nintendo has officially said the Switch Lite will be the only “new” Switch Nintendo hardware released this year, that doesn’t mean these Sharp’s IGZO screens won’t show up on something like a Switch Pro in the future.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:11 AM   #1199
logical
What is my purpose?

I dont think those screens are for these Switch V2s. Maybe a pro later on but definitely not any of these switches coming out now.

Old Aug 20, 2019, 01:46 PM   #1200
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Whats the point? It doesn't really offer anything compelling.
  • 50% longer battery life.
  • Newer & sturdier controllers, without the drift problems of the originals.
  • Newer wireless NIC, should avoid the orange screen of death.
  • Potential for jailbreaking and overclocking.

For $75 it's a no brainer for me & my family.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro