Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 02:38 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Another month goes by

Gg amd...oh hey look nvidia managed to release another driver today.

I am calling this right now. Even though AMD knows it has fixes in this upcoming driver, even though it has been months since the last driver. AMD will release the new drivers to the media first first so they can squeeze out whatever self promotion they can first. That is how AMD feels about their customers.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Feb 27, 2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Synner

Synner is still being judged by the masses

It's funny how everybody use to moan about AMD having a new driver every month and how it was so much better that nVidia didn't...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:00 PM   #3
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I prefer more regular driver releases because you can always go back to a previous one. Maybe they'll have a driver out for BF Hardline.

I don't mind a few months delay if they have something big planned.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:36 PM   #4
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I heard they are doing is to added some new features, and of course including the crossfire profiles. I don't know if someone mentioned the CCC GUI will be redesigned. I actually really don't mind waiting a few months. Since they are probably working on a next driver that is going to have a lot of change logs. I'm completely satisfied with 14.12 driver for months and no problems.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:11 PM   #5
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

ditto
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:00 AM   #6
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wouldn't mind it at all if they would release the crossfire profiles. But they don't. So there is aboaluelty NO reason as an AMD crossfire user to buy any game within the first 2-3 months of release. If you were a gpu manufacturer is that what you would want to be known for? Buy our cards they keep you from buying new games, think of the money you will save! AMD the wait it's meant to be played!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 01:01 AM   #7
Falck
Radeon R420

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Gg amd...oh hey look nvidia managed to release another driver today.

I am calling this right now. Even though AMD knows it has fixes in this upcoming driver, even though it has been months since the last driver. AMD will release the new drivers to the media first first so they can squeeze out whatever self promotion they can first. That is how AMD feels about their customers.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=397114
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:14 AM   #8
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Thanks for trying to help (seriously I am not being a sarcastic jerk) but those don't have caps for what gets fixed in the next betas, and they are for windows 10.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:34 AM   #9
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Those 15.2's count next to nothing from AMD.
Although I don't agree with pretty much anything he says and how he says it to the point I have the honor of being on his ignore list, this post says it all:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=87

Just sayin' that Nvidia has released three drivers in one month, one of which on an AAA title release day, and one a hotfix.
Kinda makes me lol when I hear AMDMatt on guru3d saying they only want to release drivers when they are sure everything is perfect and meets highest standards. Then he says VSR implementation will happen in a next set of drivers.
It's either these people have lost total knowledge of how things work, or the company is in serious trouble. I'm afraid both.

ME: Sorry boss, gonna take another month to finish this assignement. Wanna make sure it's absolutely perfect.
BOSS: (silent, points at the door)

I'm really sad for this situation. If all of my titles don't run Crossfire perfectly wit the next Catalyst, I'm thinking I should give single NV GPU's a try.

And it's going to take me quite a while anyway before I have the cash to spare for one of their high-end cards.

My point is not to threaten or anything; it's just a sad consideration, really. And since they are the only competing GPU company, comparisons are totally inevitable.

Last edited by Lurk : Feb 28, 2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 05:16 PM   #10
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Those 15.2's count next to nothing from AMD.
Although I don't agree with pretty much anything he says and how he says it to the point I have the honor of being on his ignore list, this post says it all:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=87

Just sayin' that Nvidia has released three drivers in one month, one of which on an AAA title release day, and one a hotfix.
Kinda makes me lol when I hear AMDMatt on guru3d saying they only want to release drivers when they are sure everything is perfect and meets highest standards. Then he says VSR implementation will happen in a next set of drivers.
It's either these people have lost total knowledge of how things work, or the company is in serious trouble. I'm afraid both.

ME: Sorry boss, gonna take another month to finish this assignement. Wanna make sure it's absolutely perfect.
BOSS: (silent, points at the door)

I'm really sad for this situation. If all of my titles don't run Crossfire perfectly wit the next Catalyst, I'm thinking I should give single NV GPU's a try.

And it's going to take me quite a while anyway before I have the cash to spare for one of their high-end cards.

My point is not to threaten or anything; it's just a sad consideration, really. And since they are the only competing GPU company, comparisons are totally inevitable.
because we all know they all won't run perfectly with SLI either
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=598
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:09 PM   #11
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

and that's the reason I said "...I should give single NV GPU's a try."
You've even quoted it in bold!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 02:32 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
and that's the reason I said "...I should give single NV GPU's a try."
You've even quoted it in bold!
good luck with NVidia surround and with only a single 980, it can't do a single 1600p screen in new games
let alone 3 -1080p screens in NVidia surround

better off waiting for a single 390x, but i'll bet you will still need 2 cards

maybe a single titan 2 but that will most likely cost more than 2 390x's
Old Mar 2, 2015, 03:02 PM   #13
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

So far I've only used the three monitors for games that wouldn't require me to turn IQ down in order to achieve playable framerate, i.e. I've been playing with max settings FSX, Shift2, Alien Isolation and Elite: Dangerous. I doubt I would run into problems with these titles in surround gaming at 1080p.

Nevertheless, my future plan is a powerful single GPU with a 21:9 single screen (a curved monitor would be overkill), although it won't happen for a long time due to my bank account.
I have to remain an unsatisfied AMD customer for quite a while, I'm afraid, unless the company starts showing a little mor love. Which is what I obviously hope.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 01:27 PM   #14
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Personally, I think AMD is timing the release of new drivers with that of the R390x card release....Just a thought.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 02:31 PM   #15
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Of course they are, why waste a chance at self promotion. Heck it's only your customers who you are pooping on in the process. Maybe they will pull a mantle and just say you know what, no more drivers if you want drivers go nvidia.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 03:12 PM   #16
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hardline is coming out in a couple of weeks, AFAIK it is a gaming evolved title so there should be a driver ready for that one.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 03:52 PM   #17
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

Its frostbite, i doubt they need one (BF4, DAI, PVZ)
Old Mar 3, 2015, 03:57 PM   #18
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They would at least need to put out an up to date crossfire profile.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 07:08 PM   #19
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

wtf AMD, seriously, WTF.

actually you know what, screw you, that's what.

depressing situation this is

Last edited by Lurk : Mar 3, 2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 03:01 PM   #20
Cartel
Radeon HD 280X

Cartel is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down

They dont even have a pciE 3.0 motherboard ffs
We are still using a 10 year old socket...

I think AMD is going tits up
Old Mar 4, 2015, 05:29 PM   #21
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

sabertooth 990fx/gen3 r2.0 should.

Other than that, I think AMD is going tits up too

Last edited by Lurk : Mar 4, 2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 02:24 AM   #22
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13038...own-today.html

A snippet from the article....

"We rate ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES (AMD) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, generally high debt management risk and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."

And this longer quote....

The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 509.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $89.00 million to -$364.00 million.

Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.

The gross profit margin for ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.61%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -29.37% is significantly below that of the industry average.

The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 11.83 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, AMD's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.29, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.

The share price of ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES has not done very well: it is down 25.00% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 08:35 AM   #23
Cartel
Radeon HD 280X

Quote:
The share price of ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES has not done very well: it is down 25.00% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter
I'd say bit-coin mining coming to an end would contribute to that.

The troubling thing for me is the lack of development.
I guess it don't help that Windows 8 was a lemon and Windows 10 sucks so bad they will pay you to use it.

Edit:

I guess fm2+ supports pciE 3.0

Last edited by Cartel : Mar 6, 2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 08:44 AM   #24
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

holy crap!

guess it's going to take more than some dude removing driver's CPU bottleneck...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:24 AM   #25
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

driver release date confirmed: March 19th
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:43 AM   #26
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

like everybody suddenly went out to buy a freesync monitor. ridiculous.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 02:03 PM   #27
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

They really screwed the pooch with this driver release. There is a lot of pissed off vocal AMD owners. I doubt I will ever buy their garbage again when support is reliant on self promotion time and time again. AMD you want to know why your market share sucks? Because your customers are not your priority and they never come first.

March 19th... Effin ridiculous.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 02:08 PM   #28
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
driver release date confirmed: March 19th

Cool, my birthday...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 02:38 PM   #29
Cartel
Radeon HD 280X

Monitor

Quote:
We’re pleased to announce that a compatible AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver to enable AMD FreeSync™ technology for single-GPU configurations will be publicly available on AMD.com starting March 19, 2015.
Oh boy I can't wait!!!

Old Mar 8, 2015, 01:33 PM   #30
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
It's funny how everybody use to moan about AMD having a new driver every month and how it was so much better that nVidia didn't...
I loved AMD's once-a-month-another WHQL driver release...it was a clear advantage over nVidia, and many more people felt as I did, that the Catalyst WHQL release policy (which nVidia couldn't match) was a good reason to buy AMD instead of nVidia--a concrete, demonstrable advantage. AMD can no longer tout that as an advantage for AMD gpus. I find that an amazing lack of judgement.

I speculated early on that the abandonment of the policy meant that the driver team was shrinking, unfortunately, but Wavey disabused me of that notion at the time, saying he had seen no diminution of resources for driver development at AMD. I responded with the obvious question: "OK, great, if that is so, why not reinstate the once-a-month WHQL schedule?" He didn't choose to answer.

The upshot is that the annual 2-4 WHQL release schedule was supposed to have improved driver development by allowing more development time between releases. But I don't think it has, personally. All that's happened is that it is taking AMD much, much longer to release a WHQL driver than it used to, and I've seen no improvement in quality that I can attribute to the new release schedule. (the drivers were good before--they are good now--but we just get a lot less of them.)

What is seems to boil down to is that there are fewer people doing the work than there were before (otherwise, why give away a clear advantage you have over a competitor?)

I have 100% confidence that *given the right resources* the Catalyst driver team could be as efficient and talented as it used to be and release a new WHQL driver once a month, again. After all, there isn't a month that goes by that new games are not shipped, so why not?

I don't buy nVidia because I consider their marketing and PR to be on the level of pre-teen children, full of bombastic exaggeration and hyperbole and very short on substance. AMD's marketing has always seemed, in counterpart, like adults marketing adult products to other adults--full of facts and figures but short on exaggeration and hyperbole. "Just the facts, Jack."

I hate to say it, but that's changing. Emulating nVidia will not help AMD any more so than emulating Apple will help Microsoft--AMD is a very, very different company from nVidia and has, since the ArtX acquisition, conducted itself professionally and astounded the gaming community with one huge advance after the next. That is in danger for reasons I cannot understand. When you hold a winning hand you do not fold just because your competitor is bluffing--you go ahead and play and let the cards fall where they may. AMD needs to get back to the basics of what makes it a better company than nVidia--seems as if the people at the top are pretty fuzzy on that these days.