Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News » Submit News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Submit News Use this forum to submit News items to Rage3D. Acceptable News items you post in here will be moved into the main "News" forum or one of the appropriate news sub-forum categories, where it will appear on Rage3D.

Old Aug 11, 2018, 05:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
antdude
An RadeANT!

antdude is still being judged by the masses

Question What happened?

http://www.rage3d.com/'s news feed hasn't been updated since 11/2/2015! Also, rage3d.com web site was down for days.

Last edited by antdude : Aug 11, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2018, 03:21 PM   #2
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

No one took over the reins and everything stagnated.

Offers to help were summarily ignored.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2018, 03:50 PM   #3
antdude
An RadeANT!

antdude is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post

That's sad. I remember its prime days. It was so awesome. Hence why I came back recently. I am still surprised the web site and its forum are still working even with the recent hiccups.

Are there other web sites and forums? I used AMD.com's web forum and old school alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati newsgroup in the past and recently for old ATI video cards to discuss.

Last edited by antdude : Aug 12, 2018 at 08:48 AM.
antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2018, 08:33 AM   #4
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Not sure - you might want to check the Feedback forum.

Maybe something will happen, or then not. I wouldn't be on it.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 03:31 AM   #5
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I posted something similar a couple of years ago.

Hard truth of it all is, social media have taken over and sites like Rage have become something only old-timers will enjoy.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2018, 05:10 AM   #6
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

I think there's still room (and lots of it) for proper gaming/tech sites - just take a look at shill Linus on Youtube.

All R3D would require is a remake and people willing to start doing reviews / interesting articles + Youtube videos to go with it with it especially now that AMD is having a resurgence. Maybe have a bit wider reach than just concentrating on one thing.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 07:56 AM   #7
Bitey
Radeon Evergreen

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Well I might be wrong, but don't we have news subforum...if you post it there it hits the main site, so its your fault...

ok it don't work no more

Last edited by Bitey : Sep 18, 2018 at 08:05 AM.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2018, 08:30 AM   #8
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post

No they were not ignored. They had plans but it doesn't help that the single person willing/able to do something disappeared or didn't feel it was high priority. I was the last to add news to the front page but when it was obvious that all the plans were just more talk why bother? Nobody who cares wants to see the website just slowly go away. Just my 2 cents and maybe I'm all wrong but it's frustrating even for the mods.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 09:05 AM   #9
Bitey
Radeon Evergreen

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Well you could open it up a bit for game reviews, I would love to hear user reviews on new (or old games) even it just links to games forum, and not so serious so we could all take the piss.. I mean its obvious we all love games and taking the piss.

I am drunk so...
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:23 PM   #10
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

I know Bittermann but I was referring to the person in question summarily dismissing everything.

The site needs a complete UI revamp, updated forum and proper integration with Youtube or similar video site with high quality videos. That's pretty much the only way to revive it properly or it's dead in a few years.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 08:26 PM   #11
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Why not join a network that can feed the news page and draw readers in while the mods just run the forums?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.8.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F23 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.8.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote