Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BaronVonBalsac

BaronVonBalsac is still being judged by the masses

Default Driver no go.

My HTPC had a Radeon HD 4870, big card with two extra power plugs. It started to screw up so I bought a HD 6450, doesnt even need a fan its so efficient.

Problem is I cant get it to work. Windows installs a generic vga driver for which doesnt even get 1080p resolution. If I manage to get a radeon driver installed after the windows splash screen it turns black and freezes. Ive tried old legacy drivers and the newest drivers its always the same thing.

When I have a Radeon driver I can start it in safe mode but then back to under 1080p for available resolutions. Its not that much different then the card it replaced it even uses a hell of a lot less power. I have no idea how to get this card to work.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:46 PM   #2
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Did you select the correct driver download? Looking at AMD's site they have the driver downloads split up into categories of cards, with the 6000 series being a legacy product. You have to select the correct O.S. under this header for your driver:
Quote:
Radeon™ R5 235X, R5 230, R5 220, HD 8470, HD 8350, HD 8000 (D/G variants), HD 7000 – HD 7600, HD 6000, and HD 5000 Series
Hope this helps
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote