Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 3, 2017, 06:16 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
How are the OMG grafix?
Zelda is like crack, but Im playing on the WiiU
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2017, 06:21 PM   #302
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
http://www.glixel.com/news/youre-goi...switch-w470245

I somehow doubt that they have been SUPER careful but it does feel like nintendo should have taken measures to prevent this.
Ouch, this should have been made Gorilla glass. I know first hand that plastic is going to scratch ridiculously easy. Just put a plastic screen protector over a new IPhone, first several hours the dam thing was already scratched. Got rid of the plastic protecting the screen. Bleh!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 06:25 PM   #303
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Ever since they first revealed this thing i was worried about that screen when putting into back into the dock.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 3, 2017, 08:22 PM   #304
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
http://www.glixel.com/news/youre-goi...switch-w470245

I somehow doubt that they have been SUPER careful but it does feel like nintendo should have taken measures to prevent this.
When I see more sources reporting the same thing with pictures I'll believe it. Those look more like little hairs than scratches.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2017, 09:09 PM   #305
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Those look more like cracks than scratches - they seem way too deep to be a scratch. Little hairs make sense too, as the scratches have way too much depth to them, imo.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:18 PM   #306
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Also the way those scratches are lined would tell me they throw it in the stand, or used a knife. To scratch it.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:27 AM   #307
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

It won't let me link my account. It keeps telling me the information is wrong weather i use my email or user id. I tried having it send me an email but it sends an email stating that no account exists that is associated with that email.

However if i log in on my Wii U and look at the email address, it has the correct one. When I try to log in on the web site, it rejects it if I try to use my email address but allows it if I use my user id. When I look on the account settings on the web site, it has the correct email there as well.

EDIT: I just had to re enter every thing as if i was changing it and it worked

Last edited by jimjobob : Mar 4, 2017 at 12:39 AM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 03:14 AM   #308
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

A friend who bought a switch today came over and we switched joy cons. I now have grey ones like I wanted. Neon is nice but too bright for me.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 07:57 AM   #309
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
A friend who bought a switch today came over and we switched joy cons. I now have grey ones like I wanted. Neon is nice but too bright for me.
If the boxes are different make sure to trade for his box too.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 09:30 AM   #310
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Time for thee ole Nintendo lottery.

Old Mar 4, 2017, 09:51 AM   #311
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Nintendo used to be very forgiving...I called in about a single stuck pixel on my DS and they replaced it. I wonder what they'd do if you called in about a reddish hue on the screen.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 09:53 AM   #312
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Nintendo used to be very forgiving...I called in about a single stuck pixel on my DS and they replaced it. I wonder what they'd do if you called in about a reddish hue on the screen.
This was a common issue with the DS and 3DS. Nintendo has terrible QA.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:42 AM   #313
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
If the boxes are different make sure to trade for his box too.

Boxes are different but not switching those as I don't care about that or plan to sell it.

Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:16 PM   #314
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Boxes are different but not switching those as I don't care about that or plan to sell it.
That would drive me nuts if everything didn't all match lol.

I'm a bit of a insane collector type though.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 04:29 PM   #315
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

gamestop has the $454 bundle available on friday. console, zelda, strategy guide, and a pro gamepad. almost pulled the trigger, but decided to wait for the 1080ti instead. still just might pickup zelda for the wii-u.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 04:31 PM   #316
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They are right about the issues they bring up about the joycons.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 07:16 PM   #317
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
gamestop has the $454 bundle available on friday. console, zelda, strategy guide, and a pro gamepad. almost pulled the trigger, but decided to wait for the 1080ti instead. still just might pickup zelda for the wii-u.
I'm sorry but this is nonsense. $450 to play one game? I love Zelda but I'm not buying a Switch until more games are out and the thing looks like it's going to do better than the Wii U.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 08:26 PM   #318
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Time for thee ole Nintendo lottery.

https://i.imgur.com/Zy8TFLQ.jpg
Yikes..
Old Mar 4, 2017, 08:30 PM   #319
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
I'm sorry but this is nonsense. $450 to play one game? I love Zelda but I'm not buying a Switch until more games are out and the thing looks like it's going to do better than the Wii U.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 08:54 PM   #320
Nascar24

Looks like the pro controller is a must buy for TV play, this thing isn't cheap for the lack of power it has as a console, should have been sold as a hand hold only at $199. The layout of the Joycons looks questionable as well.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:37 PM   #321
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Looks like the pro controller is a must buy for TV play, this thing isn't cheap for the lack of power it has as a console, should have been sold as a hand hold only at $199. The layout of the Joycons looks questionable as well.
Not to mention the Pro Controller is $70.

Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:55 PM   #322
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Everyone hating on it... I had a great time playing it in handheld mode today.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:11 PM   #323
logical
What is my purpose?

Yeah I've been out all day and I'm jonesing for a session. I play in handheld and it is awesome.

Old Mar 5, 2017, 07:31 AM   #324
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm buying a Switch today. First console I've owned since the 360 (which I sold like 3 years ago).
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2017, 07:32 AM   #325
Ulysses 31
Radeon Northern Islands

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I'm buying a Switch today. First console I've owned since the 360 (which I sold like 3 years ago).
No games to go with it?
Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2017, 07:34 AM   #326
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses 31 View Post
No games to go with it?
Going to start with the new Zelda. Also hoping to grab the Pro controller.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 07:34 AM   #327
Ulysses 31
Radeon Northern Islands

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
The Joy-Cons in the (Charging) grip do the job too, where are you getting the Pro is a must?
Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2017, 09:31 AM   #328
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I gotta be honest, unless this thing gets a bunch of cool tech demos/party games that make sense to play on a TV, I will probably only ever use it in handheld mode. I've got so many systems hooked up to my TV now I don't need another...
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:27 AM   #329
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Really like this thing! Breath of the Wild is great so far. Don't mind the mini controller thing, but plan on getting the pro controller still. Target was sold out of those.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 08:46 AM   #330
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Liking it so far but I have a few gripes with it:

- Why no share friendslist with other platforms?
- Why back to friendcodes and add other ways to add friends later?
- Why can't I download my Mii's through the profile?
- Who thought it was a good idea to not have cushioning inside of the dock?
- No way to manage game saves other than plain deleting.

All kind of minor issues though. Liking the controller grip, will be good enough until the pro controllers get back into stock for normal price instead of €150 (Yes, really!). I'll try more portable play later on(Is the right control stick an issue for me?) and let you know if the Xtorm USB powerbank is any good for Switch.