Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:11 PM   #1201
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Holy crap!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:17 PM   #1202
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Haha, the only thing that's kind of a let down now that I think of it, I just recently played Zelda Twilight Princess on the GameCube.

Had I known I was getting the HD version soon I would have held off.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2018, 02:45 PM   #1203
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I just made a pretty big pickup of Wii U stuff for a nice price, $275 for all of this:

Probably paid nearly half what its all worth totaled up. This bundle was sitting on my local FB marketplace for a week at $300 and no one was biting. Maybe because everyone's all about the Switch now. I saw it the first day but was hesitant, but after thinking on it and seeing it was still there this morning I messaged the guy and politely asked if he'd be willing to do $275 and I'd pick up right away. He agreed!

Going to be able to add about 14 games to my Wii U collection and make some cash back selling off the doubles. Not sure yet if I'm going to sell the console, I might just keep it as a back up or let my son have it since we're giving him the privilege of finally having a TV in his room this Christmas.
I've been seeing WiiUs going for alot cheaper these days. Sometimes I see craigslist ads as low as $125 for a system+game. I've been considering buying a second (backup) unit, 'cause I know WiiUs are going to get alot more expensive in the future, but it hasn't bubbled up to the top of my priority list yet (and probably never will).

WiiU is sortof a perfect collectors system though, as there's not that many that exist, but it's got an amazing library. I doubt any console will ever take away it's position as greatest failed console of all time.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 28, 2018, 03:04 PM   #1204
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I suggest getting a back up at some point if you enjoy the system and plan to play its awesome games for years to come. The reason I hinted at keeping this one as a back up was for the reasons you eluded to, their price may spike due to its inevitable collectibility (Nintendo), coupled with the fact it sold so poorly so they will eventually become tough to get your hands on.

Personally that $125 for the system + a game is actually starting to look like the Ebay going price. I spent a weekend considering getting another one on Ebay few weeks back and I did see a handful for that price, but most had issues. I think it hasn't hit rock bottom yet though. Its a good bet after this holiday season and more and more households upgrade to a Switch you're going to see the Wii U on the secondhand market more often, driving the price down even more. My $0.02.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 03:20 PM   #1205
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I suggest getting a back up at some point if you enjoy the system and plan to play its awesome games for years to come. The reason I hinted at keeping this one as a back up was for the reasons you eluded to, their price may spike due to its inevitable collectibility (Nintendo), coupled with the fact it sold so poorly so they will eventually become tough to get your hands on.

Personally that $125 for the system + a game is actually starting to look like the Ebay going price. I spent a weekend considering getting another one on Ebay few weeks back and I did see a handful for that price, but most had issues. I think it hasn't hit rock bottom yet though. Its a good bet after this holiday season and more and more households upgrade to a Switch you're going to see the Wii U on the secondhand market more often, driving the price down even more. My $0.02.
At this point in the Switch life, The library of the Wii U and switch are close to the same with just about equal graphics quality since about all Nintendo has done to this point is port Wii U games over. With a few exceptions. Probably not bad for Nintendo as development costs have to be way down at the moment.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2018, 03:26 PM   #1206
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
At this point in the Switch life, The library of the Wii U and switch are close to the same with just about equal graphics quality since about all Nintendo has done to this point is port Wii U games over. With a few exceptions. Probably not bad for Nintendo as development costs have to be way down at the moment.
True, but don't forget in their minds they are probably playing catch up with all the lost revenue from what they thought they would get out of the Wii U but didn't.

Not that it really matters though, Nintendo is doing fine and could probably easily survive successive console failures.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 03:47 PM   #1207
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I'm really surprised they haven't done a Switch port of New SMB, SM 3d world, or Mario Maker. The mario games that really define the WiiU are destined to stay there forever. I honestly don't know what's wrong with Nintendo.

And where's my damn Mario Galaxy HD remake?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 28, 2018, 05:02 PM   #1208
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If they don't port New SMB or 3d World, they better at least put them on VC (eventually. I can wait another 5-10 years.)

Despite my patience, 3d World is one of my most anticipated in the last decade or so...
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 08:57 AM   #1209
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
If they don't port New SMB or 3d World, they better at least put them on VC (eventually. I can wait another 5-10 years.)

Despite my patience, 3d World is one of my most anticipated in the last decade or so...
I think NSB U is getting a switch port.

Just when I think my Wii-U library is done, I am thinking of getting Yoshi's Wooly world (looking for something to play with the wife) and Mario 3d world and/or SMB U.
And I still need to play/finish NSB wii and Galaxy 2 lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 09:20 AM   #1210
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
And I still need to play/finish NSB wii and Galaxy 2 lol.
I still need to play through Galaxy 2 as well. I was playing every major Mario game in order a while back and made it all the way to Galaxy 2 and stopped. So I still need to play all of them after that as well. Galaxy just took so darn long it drained me and I'd had enough for a while.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 09:57 PM   #1211
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wife and I went to the flea market, she wound up getting the black GC for $10, I got the silver one with Sonic Riders for $20. The silver one is mint.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2018, 09:37 AM   #1212
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Don't think 3d world gets a port, its one of the "one classic Mario game per console" philosophy that Nintendo seemingly follows.

N64 = Mario64
Cube = Sunshine
Wii = Galaxy series
Wii-U = 3d world
Switch = odyssey

I think NSB just became a throwback 4 player spinoff that they can print money with like Mario kart and their sports games.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2018, 09:49 AM   #1213
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Don't think 3d world gets a port, its one of the "one classic Mario game per console" philosophy that Nintendo seemingly follows.

N64 = Mario64
Cube = Sunshine
Wii = Galaxy series
Wii-U = 3d world
Switch = odyssey

I think NSB just became a throwback 4 player spinoff that they can print money with like Mario kart and their sports games.
Super Mario 64 came out for the Nintendo DS, I believe. All the others are correct though in being platform exclusives (so far).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 01:13 AM   #1214
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Ya, I've noticed that too. While I prefer quality over quantity, Nintendo may be taking it a bit far in this regard.

Mario Kart has followed that trend even more consistently with 9 and counting (if you count Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as a separate game.)

New SMB has followed it exactly with 4 so far...

Looks like I'll be playing 3d World on an emulator (sill gonna pay for it!)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 08:47 AM   #1215
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Looks like I'll be playing 3d World on an emulator (sill gonna pay for it!)
You have a Wii U? Its like a $10 game used on Ebay right now. About as cheap as it gets for a Mario game.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 03:57 AM   #1216
borat
Radeon R700

(Meant to say still gonna pay for it)

No I don't have a Wii U. Wanted to get one early last year but they were too expensive, now there's so much less reason to. I still might, but most likely not.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:17 AM   #1217
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
(Meant to say still gonna pay for it)

No I don't have a Wii U. Wanted to get one early last year but they were too expensive, now there's so much less reason to. I still might, but most likely not.
Keep an eye out for them. I've been noticing the asking price dropping lately.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 08:23 PM   #1218
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Thrift store finds from past 2 weeks. Not many pick ups lately, but a few good things in there I've been wanting for some time. I actually did come across more NES/SNES games when i picked these up but i passed on them since it was all common stuff i already had, plus the Salvation Army near me had all the games priced high. That Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Mystical Ninja were $15 each. Still a good deal but probably the most i ever paid for SNES games in a thrift store.

Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:12 AM   #1219
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Found it in the move!! so stoked to get it setup. ^_^

Best of the old Pacman ripfoffs

Got Magnavox sued big time.

Last edited by Athena : Jan 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: aded game gif
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:58 AM   #1220
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Cool! We had an Odyssey 2000 when I was little... I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Odyssey 2. We never had the voice module though. I am occasionally tempted to buy one for my collection, but honestly I was so little that I don't remember much about it.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 2, 2019, 03:48 PM   #1221
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Found it in the move!! so stoked to get it setup. ^_^

Best of the old Pacman ripfoffs

Got Magnavox sued big time.

Yep was so much better then the Atari VCS version where Pac-Man wouldn’t even point towards the dots he was eating, probably just a rush job on the VCS
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2019, 08:46 PM   #1222
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got this for $80 tonight.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 09:25 PM   #1223
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Holy cow!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:55 PM   #1224
Elysian
SCAATSJW

There was a way better dealing missed out on. Wii U with 23 games , wiimotes, pro controller, guitar hero controllers, DJ hero controllers, etc, for $150. This was my consolation, he wanted 100 and got it for 80.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 09:46 AM   #1225
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Great deal for $80! See I told you guys, Wii U's are dropping in price and will continue to do so while the Switch is peaking in popularity. Grab them up because soon they will be rare and prices will rise. If you doubt that remmeber this is a Nintendo product so collectibility will always be high.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:47 AM   #1226
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Great deal for $80! See I told you guys, Wii U's are dropping in price and will continue to do so while the Switch is peaking in popularity. Grab them up because soon they will be rare and prices will rise. If you doubt that remmeber this is a Nintendo product so collectibility will always be high.
Yep. This one does have an analog stick issue, but replacements for both sticks with triwing screwdrivers are only $13 shipped.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 05:10 PM   #1227
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Here's some of my recent pickups.
  • Gaming related books, all used from Amazon. Also a bunch of Nintendo Power magazines from ebay, as I edge closer to a complete set. I'm currently at 251/285.
  • Finally got myself a Wonderswan. I've always wanted one, but collecting games for it is ridiculous. But FlashMasta recently released a flashcart (shown in the photo underneath the wonderswan), so I finally jumped in.
  • Doom 32x. Enough said.
  • Picked up a New 3ds XL with 2 games off of craigslist. I already have a 3ds xl, but I've been drooling over the enhanced 3d, 'cause I can never hold the thing straight for more than 10 seconds at a time.
  • Some lame PS4 game.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:23 PM   #1228
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Whoa, Id love to have that Mario Encyclopedia and the Zelda books. I've seen the Zelda ones online, but I've never seen the content of the Mario guide. What's that one like?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:56 AM   #1229
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's got interviews, lots of artwork, breakdowns of every game, character, item, enemy, level. It's pretty comprehensive. Not quite strategy-guide comprehensive though. Here's an example from the Mario 64 section, that's pretty typical:

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Jan 4, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:44 PM   #1230
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

My son would lose his mind over that Mario Encyclopedia. Might have to pick it up for his birthday.