Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 17, 2018, 08:04 PM   #1141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm confused, did you buy that stuff or sold it? Or you had an ad up to sell the one you had and bought another?

That Elevator Action and the Castlevania game are awesone by the way. Wish i had those.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:20 PM   #1142
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I bought it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2018, 07:45 AM   #1143
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I bought it.
Wow so you put up an ad to buy Saturn stuff and someone contacted you with all that? Damn that's a score.

See, those ads really work.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 18, 2018, 09:30 AM   #1144
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Wow so you put up an ad to buy Saturn stuff and someone contacted you with all that? Damn that's a score.

See, those ads really work.
I put it up ages ago before the classic gaming expo, got two emails, the first one wasn't a good deal. This one was a solid deal so I went ahead with it One of those "don't tell my wife" scores
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:15 PM   #1145
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I put it up ages ago before the classic gaming expo, got two emails, the first one wasn't a good deal. This one was a solid deal so I went ahead with it One of those "don't tell my wife" scores
Sweet. Now start importing some Japanese Saturn games.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 07:13 PM   #1146
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ugh, I just looked up Contra 4 on ebay and it looks like it'll cost me $40. Was hoping I could get it for about half that. There aren't many thrift stores here and I really don't wanna go the garage sale route. Gonna keep trying ebay and FB maybe and see what happens...
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:44 PM   #1147
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Ugh, I just looked up Contra 4 on ebay and it looks like it'll cost me $40. Was hoping I could get it for about half that. There aren't many thrift stores here and I really don't wanna go the garage sale route. Gonna keep trying ebay and FB maybe and see what happens...
Yeah looks like its jumped up in price a bit since i got it. Couple things you can do, make a saved search on eBay and just watch it for a while. You might get lucky with a cheap listing. Or, try finding it for sale in a big lot of other games. Keep Contra 4 and sell off the rest to recoup money.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 03:18 PM   #1148
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Hunting around has definitely been slow for me lately. Have not done yard sales in the past 2-3 weekends, and thrift stores haven't had much. These are all my latest game pick ups over the past week and a half.

Revenge of Shinobi was an Ebay purchase, best offer for $30 shipped with a coupon I had. I had this game as a kid and traded it away. Been looking for it forever but just could never find it complete in good condition. $30 was the max price I wanted to pay if I had to go to Ebay for it. Happy to finally have it again.

The rest are all from Savers for $2.99 each except Chrono Cross was on the music CD shelf so only $1.99. The Jak and Daxter game is still sealed.

Old Aug 30, 2018, 07:56 PM   #1149
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My two Retro Fighters Brawler 64's shipped, for whatever reason they shipped separately, one will be here Saturday, the other will arrive Tuesday.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:34 PM   #1150
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Small pick-up from good will this week:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:12 AM   #1151
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Documenting my yard sale and thrift store game pick ups from the past week.

Yard sales were a major strike out for me last Saturday. I hit about 10 different sales and all I found were the Wii games pictured plus a DK Country Returns that I already sold. Usually end of summer is pretty bad for yard sales but I wanted to try anyways since I had the time.

The rest of the games were from Salvation Army and Goodwill. I honestly only bought the DC games because I didn't actually own any that are not burned to CD-R, and I wanted to make sure my console could even still play actual games (it does).

Old Sep 17, 2018, 09:59 PM   #1152
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

My pick ups from the past week. All from thrift stores. Noteworthy points, the LotR PS2 game is sealed, and the Jurassic Park is case and manual only. I was so excited to find that one, then so disappointed to see it was missing the disc.

Old Sep 20, 2018, 09:37 AM   #1153
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice finds MoW, I had fond memories of some of those games. Trace Memory was a cool adventure game like white island but I would always get stuck at the same point on the island up on the hill.
Once we finish moving into the new place I have to inventory my old games and see what machines survived the moves so I can start collecting again.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:12 AM   #1154
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Nice finds MoW, I had fond memories of some of those games. Trace Memory was a cool adventure game like white island but I would always get stuck at the same point on the island up on the hill.
Once we finish moving into the new place I have to inventory my old games and see what machines survived the moves so I can start collecting again.
Yeah man, definitely. That's pretty much what I did back in 2016.

Basically, my wife and I bought a small "starter house" back in 2011, fixed it up and lived there for about 4 years then sold it for a profit and moved to a bigger house in 2015. Then in early 2016 I started pulling my old collection out of storage and making a game room in my basement.

I had always still collected old games here and there for years before that but could never really go full on with it since I knew I didn't have space for it where I was living. Once we settled in our permanent home I could finally do that.

I've really been going hard on PlayStation 1 and 2 collecting as of late. I really like those systems and there just seems to lots of it out there still so its easy to find, unlike Nintendo.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:09 PM   #1155
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Feeler post:

Anyone want my Sega CDX?

I may be looking to offload it soon (most likely after my living arrangements change) Im not much of a collector, so i'd rather just hang onto things I use (mostly all my Nintendo and playstation stuff)

As far as I know its still in good working condition (i'll have to test it whenever I get the chance though, its sitting in a box in my parents basement, which I told them not to toss lol) has the original cables (so no 3rd party AC adapter that might break it) a handful of games.

I also have an Xbox360 which I have no idea what I want to do with....I have 2 controlelrs that work with the PC, and the Kinect which when paired with the dance central titles makes for a really good and fun workout.....

But I haven't touched that thing in ages.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2018, 01:24 PM   #1156
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Feeler post:

Anyone want my Sega CDX?
I might have been interested if I didn't already have a Sega CD model 2.

I would be interested to see what games you have for sale if you'd be willing to sell them separately.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 05:28 PM   #1157
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Feeler post:

Anyone want my Sega CDX?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 22, 2018, 06:03 PM   #1158
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Awesome scores today. After last time out at yard sales and not finding much at all I wasn't expecting much for this time of year. But my finds today prove you just never know. Hit about 6 different yard sales and went by my local swap meet which I usually do not do. Got all the Genesis stuff and GN Twin console at the swap for only $50! The rest was from several different sales for $59.

All together my pick ups today total approximately $454.46 retail value. Wooooooo

Old Sep 23, 2018, 01:53 AM   #1159
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

This is all I've got to show for this week. I could have picked up Double Dragon 1 as well, but I don't think I'd ever play it, since it lacks 2 player support.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:53 PM   #1160
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
This is all I've got to show for this week. I could have picked up Double Dragon 1 as well, but I don't think I'd ever play it, since it lacks 2 player support.
Awesome and essential pick ups. Can't believe you didn't already have those! Flea market, yard sale, or game store?

You should grab DD1 just to complete the trilogy on NES
Old Sep 23, 2018, 06:32 PM   #1161
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Awesome and essential pick ups. Can't believe you didn't already have those! Flea market, yard sale, or game store?

You should grab DD1 just to complete the trilogy on NES
Yup, I still have some significant gaps in my NES library, as I currently only have 65 games. On my to-buy list:

Ninja Turtles 3 Manhattan Project
Tailspin
Star Tropics 2
Crystalis
RC Pro-am 2
Castlevania
Castlevania 3
Kid Icarus
Double Dragon
Empire Strikes Back
Mario Bros Classic
Balloon Fight
Tetris
Metroid
Star Wars
Batman
Raid on Bungeling Bay
Tetra star
Attack Animal Gakuen
Jurassic Park
Mule
Gauntlet II
Golf
Nes Open
super spike v-ball
MULE
Roundball: 2-on-2 Challenge

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 24, 2018, 08:58 AM   #1162
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Yup, I still have some significant gaps in my NES library, as I currently only have 65 games. On my to-buy list:

Ninja Turtles 3 Manhattan Project
Tailspin
Star Tropics 2
Crystalis
RC Pro-am 2
Castlevania
Castlevania 3
Kid Icarus
Double Dragon
Empire Strikes Back
Mario Bros Classic
Balloon Fight
Tetris
Metroid
Star Wars
Batman
Raid on Bungeling Bay
Tetra star
Attack Animal Gakuen
Jurassic Park
Mule
Gauntlet II
Golf
Nes Open
super spike v-ball
MULE
Roundball: 2-on-2 Challenge
Most of those are common games. If you could just get out to yard sales and swap meets on weekends, and scour the selling apps, you might be able to get most of them fairly quickly, just be sure to buy up entire lots of games for sale when they are a good deal to recoup. The other less common ones, well those you can trade off or sell your duplicates from the lots you're buying to help pay for them.

Of course same old strategy I've preached about for years now, but it really works! I've grown my NES collection from about 75 games to 300 in just 2 years, almost all for free.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 03:08 PM   #1163
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Popped in at a local game store while I was running some errands today. Couldn't resist picking this up. It's been high on my want list for a long time now.

Old Sep 25, 2018, 03:20 PM   #1164
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Love Life Force. Its basically what we got as Gradius 2 for North America.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 07:44 PM   #1165
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Got this stuff yesterday. Bought the disk for Jurassic Park on eBay to complete the case and manual I found last week. The rest is from Goodwill. Funny, i found Mario Party 7 last week and then i find the microphone for it, lucky!

Old Oct 1, 2018, 05:55 AM   #1166
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i guess someone's a big Zelda-Fan:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2018, 06:24 AM   #1167
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Found a copy of Roadblasters (NES) for $5 at the flea market... That's about it this weekend... Flea market was pretty dead because of rain.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 09:26 AM   #1168
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i guess someone's a big Zelda-Fan:

Awesome.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 01:27 PM   #1169
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Missed out on a $55 toploader NES yesterday, only missed out by minutes...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 01:56 PM   #1170
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Missed out on a $55 toploader NES yesterday, only missed out by minutes...
Flea market? Sorry to hear, that would have been a nice deal. $55 is about half what they usually sell for online.

They are super rare. I've only ever found one locally in all my years hunting, and it was only because it was a call back to my in search of games ad so no one else saw it but me. Also, it was part of a big lot of games and the guy didn't even advertise the NES he had was a top loader until I went to meet him. Imagine my pleasant surprise.

Its a great NES though once you get it modded for composite or HDMI. Not really sure why Nintendo went for RF only on that one, especially since the AV Famicom has composite.