Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Question Collecting Dust

Haven't turned on my X360 and PS3 for past 4-5 months. They are just collecting dust. Which one has the next major release. I am tempted to keep X360 for Halo 4 and Gears of War and PS3 for the next God of War and Last of Us. However, all of these games are too far out.

New consoles have been postponed to 2013, right? I need to finish off games on both consoles but never find the time or energy to do it. Too hooked on PC gaming for now...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:06 AM   #2
KevinJAnderson
Radeon R520

KevinJAnderson is still being judged by the masses

As far as the PS3 is concerned, 'The Last of us' is all I'm looking forward to.
I'm not even sure when it's out? It's just all that sounds interesting to me on the consoles at the moment. I was looking forward to Dragon Quest 10 on the Wii and Wii U, then I read it's an MMORPG..
KevinJAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:39 PM   #3
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I'm really thinking of picking up a used PS3 off of the forums with a couple of games but I'm worried that it just won't much use.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Haven't turned on my X360 and PS3 for past 4-5 months. They are just collecting dust. Which one has the next major release. I am tempted to keep X360 for Halo 4 and Gears of War and PS3 for the next God of War and Last of Us. However, all of these games are too far out.

New consoles have been postponed to 2013, right? I need to finish off games on both consoles but never find the time or energy to do it. Too hooked on PC gaming for now...
It has been over a year since I touched my Xbox and I just recently turned on my PS3 to update and get Netflix going, after 7 months.

Funny story, I sold both my original Xbox 360 and PS3 within a week of each other. And wouldn't you know it, I won the damn things back (newer models) at work within about a month of each other.

/facepalm

But yah, very little use.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You pretty much have to play the existing library. There isn't squat coming out any time soon as far as I can tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

developers are pushing and eagerly awaiting next gen hardware. So are the consumers.

Sick of this generation to be honest. Getting excited for the Wii U for at least half of the reasons is because this generation has grown so stagnate and stale, graphics hitting the wall 2 years ago.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 PM   #7
crainger
Radeon R420

crainger is still being judged by the masses

Is the WiiU really 'next gen' though. From what I've been reading the games and graphics aren't that different from what's already on offer.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:42 AM   #8
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Last time I turned on my 360 was when Gears of War 3 came out.
Last time I turned on my PS3 was when Dark Souls was released.

They are literally collecting dust, as I have to wipe them every week myself
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:09 AM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Last time I turned on my 360 was when Gears of War 3 came out.
Last time I turned on my PS3 was when Dark Souls was released.

They are literally collecting dust, as I have to wipe them every week myself
Same here, gow3 and ds are the last games I played, but I really need to turn on my ps3 and finish uc3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:14 AM   #10
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Is the WiiU really 'next gen' though. From what I've been reading the games and graphics aren't that different from what's already on offer.
It will be the the dreamcast of next generation graphics wise. DC<PS2<GameCube<Xbox
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:14 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I'm really thinking of picking up a used PS3 off of the forums with a couple of games but I'm worried that it just won't much use.
I think it is worth it. Even though mine is collecting dust but reason is not that it doesn't have good games, reason is that I don't have time between 3 platforms.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:06 PM   #12
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Don't have faith in the 3rd parties, but I'm pretty certain Nintendo is going to push some nice looking games out on a GPU 3 generations ahead of the xbox 360, through out the course of its life.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:48 PM   #13
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I think it is worth it. Even though mine is collecting dust but reason is not that it doesn't have good games, reason is that I don't have time between 3 platforms.
Yeah, I'm tempted. I loved GTR2 and would love to try 5. I like the occasional JRPG and wouldn't mind playing FF13. I would love to play Fight night, Tekken, and RDR.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:54 PM   #14
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I would skip ff13 and play ff13-2.

SINCE FF13 SUCKS!!!11one!1

Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:59 PM   #15
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I would skip ff13 and play ff13-2.

SINCE FF13 SUCKS!!!11one!1

Its $200 for a 160GB PS3 with Gran turismo 5, FF13, and FF13-2. Seems like a decent deal.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

You gents should google the sleeper titles for both platforms. On the 360, Blue Dragon and especially Lost Odyssey are two excellent exclusives (If you haven't played them yet) that many people overlooked.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:44 PM   #17
Mangler
PC

I liked lost odyssey, it is a better final fantasy game than ff13.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:58 PM   #18
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Gaming is certainly weird these days

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:53 PM   #19
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I still play 360 since I have some RL friends who still play on there. As for my PS3, for all intents and purposes, it's a blu-ray player.

My Wii hasn't been turned on in over 3 years...

That came out wrong...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:57 AM   #20
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Yep, I enjoyed Lost Odyssey, and I'm not even a JRPG fan. Good game, that.
Unlike FF13

After some digging around, there's not much reason to turn on my consoles this year, either.
I'll probably buy Halo 4 and Forza Horizon, though.
On the PS3 front...anything decent coming out this year ? Last of Us and Beyond are 2013 titles, Last Guardian is missing in action...
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:35 AM   #21
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

xbox360: metal gear revengance
PS3: FF13 VS, god of war prequel
Haven't turned on my consoles in months.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote