Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Wireless TV

Anyone got a wireless TV? I mean where you have cable or satellite etc. and don't run a cable from your set top box or receiver but have a wireless link instead.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:27 PM   #2
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

in theory you could add a wireless hd adapter to the set top of your choice but you'll still need HDMI cables to and from the wireless hardware. Exception being if you happen to have a computer (Alienware so far the only one I know of) with a wireless hd card in it.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:52 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What I'd like to do is have all the set top boxes and players/htpc's in an corner, and have the Tv on the wall but no messing about running cables, just a wireless link.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

The emphesis being on the theory part you could viably do a wireless hd setup using that stuff as long as it all has HDMI out. Problem as of today is expensive stuff and you generally can't get just one part, so you'll have to buy kits with both the transmitter and receiver.

All the devices I've seen so far involve an HDMI out to a transmitter and a receiver plugged into the TV via HDMI as well. It operates on a 60 Ghz frequency so it can do 1080p and apparently does it very well. Hardware so far is few and far between, Vizio has an easily accessable setup for around $200 problem is that's both parts and I have yet to see stand alone transmitters.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:26 PM   #5
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

thanks for the info!

I guess I could do a receiver, have everything into that then receiver to TV and switching inputs on the receiver. getting a bit pricey though. found this thinger http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043BPZWA

Last edited by caveman-jim : Oct 17, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:15 PM   #6
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
thanks for the info!

I guess I could do a receiver, have everything into that then receiver to TV and switching inputs on the receiver. getting a bit pricey though. found this thinger http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043BPZWA
Use an HDMI auto selector if you don't want to use the receiver all the time.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

I'd still strongly urge to just drop an HDMI cable through the wall. You can reliably go 15-20' with a good quality HDMI cable and have less worries of reception or interference problems.

If you're on a ground floor, chances are you can use the crawl-space to run sideways to your A/V rack.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:12 PM   #8
lil bastard
Radeon R520

lil bastard is still being judged by the masses

I imagine you want to buy a standalone transmitter to have more than one device send to the same receiver?
Here is the Vizio one, it looks like it has 4 inputs with a remote to switch them.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-XWH200-U...p_ob_e_title_4

Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 | i5-2400 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 60GB OCZ Vertex Plus SSD - SRT | WD Black 1TB | Antec Earthwatts 500w | Vizio 42" 1080P | Sapphire HD7850 OC | ATI Theater 650 Pro

Intel DH67BL | i3-2100 | 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 | 1x2TB WD EARS | 4x2TB Samsung F4EG | Antec Earthwatts 380w | Headless

Lenovo x230t Tablet PC | i5-3320M | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 256GB 830SSD |

lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:34 PM   #9
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

That's more or less what I was talking about lil, the problem is getting extra transmitters. It's been months since I've looked but when I did last look no one was selling stand alone transmitters or receivers. You had to buy both parts. Which is okay if you could do a wireless hd card for a PC (so far I've only seen'em in Alienware computers) and get one of the kits to make two devices wireless hd compatible.

bounty hunter
Quote:
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Hey, I didn't see this until now. It's not something we would deal with at work due to potential reliability issues.

I've also not had any personal experience with it.

Sorry I'm not any more help.

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote