Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 11, 2020, 07:17 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I've played even worse (easier) than that. In Unreal the original first one in 1998 you can roam around in any map without even doing a mission by using the command "open [mapname]" on the command line and you're in. Still works in UT3 too.

Back on Horizon Zero Dawn it looks like the only way I can get into dungeons (to explore) is in missions followed in order in the story. Well I'm not in the mood to do all that so if you know of a way to jump ahead to get inside any dungeon let me know.
I would recommend following everything if you're in it mainly for the story. Try to 100% collect everything, listen to all logs, read everything and follow all the clues to completely fill in the entire story. It's pretty amazing
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:56 AM   #272
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

About story mode even I have feelings when it comes to gameplay. Seeing some of the mechanical creatures humiliated by being killed with with just swinging a bow at them is kind of sad. Why would they create such magnificent mech beings only to have them debased like that in story mode?

I glad it makes it easy for me to reach a lot of campfire locations to make the map more complete but I can see how it's getting a bit laughable how wimpy story mode is. edit: still playing on story mode, I can handle the guilt. In 20 years when I'm 85 (years old) maybe they won't have story modes.

Last edited by Spencer : Aug 11, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:16 PM   #273
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm playing on Normal mode and the mechanicals are still easy to kill if you target their weak spots. I might flex a bit and up the difficulty until I get humbled.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2020, 01:04 AM   #274
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm playing on Normal mode and the mechanicals are still easy to kill if you target their weak spots. I might flex a bit and up the difficulty until I get humbled.
flex it !!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 08:55 AM   #275
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Yeah so, Hard mode wasn't fun so I dialed it back to Normal. I just suck I guess.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 09:53 AM   #276
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

it's part of the experience that the mechs are a threat. Without that the story itself makes no sense at all. That being said, hard mode is really hard. it might stress some people out so they don't enjoy the game which is when it's better to dial the difficulty down, as Munkus said and did.

The game is about the story, so i don't understand the appeal to skip all of that to just stroll through the landscape and dungeons, but that might just be me. As always, different blokes - different strokes

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:20 AM   #277
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A lot of PS4 gamers who double dipped into the PC version are playing on harder difficulties and having no issues, as a lot of the combat is easier with knowledge, such as enemy weaknesses or effective combos against certain enemy types etc.
Many console players also recommend using kb/m instead of controller on this title, as having the extra accuracy in this game is extremely helpful.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:36 AM   #278
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

It really depends on what the player wants to focus on. Story or combat. I think Normal mode is a decent middle ground so I'll stick with that.

And for the record, I have this on the PS4 as well, but really didn't like it that much when using the controller. I'm loving it with kb/m, tho.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:53 AM   #279
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm pretty sure I played through it on PS4 in Normal difficulty, and some of the larger bots were quite a challenge. The controller made it more difficult than it needed to be, I think. The precision shots could be tough.

I plan on double dipping, but will likely play it through on Hard.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 01:12 PM   #280
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

What about NewGame+ mode? Is it worth Normal for a first run and then upping it for NG? Or is NG a new challenge in and of itself?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:12 PM   #281
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes another example of a purchase where I am unable to replay on PC. I think I will just give up double dipping. It never works for me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:27 PM   #282
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yes another example of a purchase where I am unable to replay on PC. I think I will just give up double dipping. It never works for me.
But the publishers love it!
You must give them as many cockslaps as it takes until the head pops off!
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:16 PM   #283
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

lol I am sure everyone loves my cockslaps
Old Aug 13, 2020, 07:19 AM   #284
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Did I miss something? Why can't you play this on PC?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 08:29 AM   #285
KAC
That postcount though...

I have ADD, can’t replay the same game again.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 08:40 AM   #286
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I have ADD, can’t replay the same game again.
Understood.

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2020, 09:04 AM   #287
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I would recommend following everything if you're in it mainly for the story. Try to 100% collect everything, listen to all logs, read everything and follow all the clues to completely fill in the entire story. It's pretty amazing
You convinced me. Snagged it from CDKeys. Downloading now.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:35 PM   #288
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
I bet you enjoy it. I still can't think of another game that hit all the right buttons for me the way this did. Probably the most enjoyable, well written story I've seen in any game yet.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:37 PM   #289
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
, $37? Well worth it.

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2020, 01:04 PM   #290
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Don't know if it's the time to talk about reshades but Chris Rubino created a good one over on Nexus. It's a bit darker but it removes that faded look in the original game. Better contrast and colors too. So if you're looking to take the edge off the slightly faded look in the vanilla landscapes, vegetation & other objects then it may work. Have to install Reshade main files though.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 01:16 PM   #291
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Horizon: Zero Dawn...faded? Is this a PC port thing?

It wasn't faded at all when I played through it on the PS4 Pro. It was bright, colorful, and beautiful.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
Old Aug 13, 2020, 01:41 PM   #292
Spencer
CA Driftwood

I'd rather be wrong about HZD looking a little faded but I notice it and read about it too. Only way to know is if some on this forum agree with it. On a positive note the HZD vanilla is bright which is good and even if it is a bit faded it has a variety of lighting and other good graphics features that could be removed or subdued in reshades possibly including the reshade I recommended.

edit: what I'm trying to say is the reshade I recommended hasn't been fully evaluated by me or anyone else imo. So I may have endorsed it too soon. Have to do more comparison to see if the overall lighting & visual features of the original game have been harmed by the reshade.

Last edited by Spencer : Aug 13, 2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 02:07 PM   #293
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
I bet you enjoy it. I still can't think of another game that hit all the right buttons for me the way this did. Probably the most enjoyable, well written story I've seen in any game yet.
Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
, $37? Well worth it.
Yep. I watched my daughter play part of this on PS4. Even at 1080P it was amazing!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 02:07 PM   #294
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Yep. I watched my daughter play part of this on PS4. Even at 1080P it was amazing!

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2020, 02:37 PM   #295
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Sweet!

I can only imagine what it will look like on your OLED. It's going to be one of the first games I replay when I finally break down and buy one.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 03:12 PM   #296
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

it looks great on OLED

but still waiting on patch

Quote:
Horizon Zero Dawn PC patch coming soon, Guerrilla still working on launch issues
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/ho...s-a3KSD6V4imgh
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 04:12 PM   #297
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
I can only imagine what it will look like on your OLED. It's going to be one of the first games I replay when I finally break down and buy one.

I.did.not.think.of.that!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 04:45 PM   #298
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I'd rather be wrong about HZD looking a little faded but I notice it and read about it too.
Can't say one way or another myself, not having played the PC version. However, I can guarantee that the PS4 Pro version isn't faded one bit.

I'll go out on a limb and say it's not faded at all, and it's just the typical modding community doing what they do best. Fixing things that aren't broken and then trying to justify it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:36 AM   #299
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Okay, so now I "need" a new monitor. The game on the PS4 and OLED is so bright and amazing. It makes my beloved 27" IPS monitor look dull.

Thanks Lazy8s. Thanks a lot!

Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:53 AM   #300
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Okay, so now I "need" a new monitor. The game on the PS4 and OLED is so bright and amazing. It makes my beloved 27" IPS monitor look dull.

Thanks Lazy8s. Thanks a lot!