Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 14, 2018, 08:57 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Bill you doom and gloom the pricing every single release and every time I tell you “nah it won’t happen” and it doesn’t
I didn't write the tweaktown write the ****ing article

only posted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
bill has only one agenda to try and tarnish NVidia reputation on Rage3d and then go ahead and buy NV cards.

as for NVidia's reputation you can't polish or tarnish a turd they have been asshole for years
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:00 PM   #152
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You really believe the pricing is gonna go there? Even though we know there’s no competition they would only hurt their own market share and OEM deals by hiking prices that high.

Now if those are mining cards .. ****, make them $2k each, couldn’t care less.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:18 PM   #153
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

I don't know what that guy is smoking? Did he miss out on the last two decades of graphics card improvements, where a new graphics card come out that is faster for roughly the same price as the old (there has been some inflation, but it's not every single generation)?

I'd say there is a possibility that the 1180 could slot in at the current 1080 Ti price slot, with Nvidia looking to push prices higher, but it's not going to be even more expensive. That would just be nuts.

Nvidia are in a position to price gouge, but they can't raise prices too much more without just pricing them out of most people's budgets.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:34 PM   #154
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

@ pricing

@ Tweaktown source

@ WCCF source
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2018, 09:14 AM   #155
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Summary
  • Reports out of Taiwan now suggest that Nvidia has a gaming GPU inventory problem.
  • 'Semiaccurate' reported on the issue yesterday, and cited excess inventory in the channel as the primary reason for new gaming GPU delay.
  • The glut is so severe that one top Asian OEM partner reportedly returned 300k GPUs to Nvidia.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/418...entory-problem

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20180619PD205.html

The miners are at it again, now they are ruining the 1180 launch!

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:44 AM   #156
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

gamers

you will buy all these old gpu's of full price you don't want that we made for mining before we sell the new ones to miners first

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/gtx1080ti/

maybe if they cut prices in half I would buy a second 1080 ti
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:30 PM   #157
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:31 PM   #158
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
gamers

you will buy all these old gpu's of full price you don't want that we made for mining before we sell the new ones to miners first

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/gtx1080ti/

maybe if they cut prices in half I would buy a second 1080 ti
Yeah, no way I'm paying $700+ for a year old GPU that's only twice as fast as my 5 year old 290X that I bought new for $235 3 years ago...
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:45 PM   #159
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
is it still throwing out errors

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...rs-simulations
Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:19 AM   #160
Gregor976
Radeon R520

Gregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGregor976 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Considering that this is the"Official Nvidia Ampere/Consumer Volta thread" and the 11 series is coming, these prices for the 10 series sound reasonable to me:

1060 3GB $99
1060 6GB $150
1070 Ti $299
1080 Ti $399

Those are the prices that would cause me to buy new 10 series cards. I wouldn't pay that much for used cards with no manufacturer's warranty.

Otherwise, I'm fine waiting for the 11 series or 7nm Navi.
Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 07:47 AM   #161
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Lenovo outs GeForce 1180 release date... I lol'd...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/lenov...-in-fall-2018/
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 09:46 AM   #162
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Lenovo outs GeForce 1180 release date... I lol'd...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/lenov...-in-fall-2018/
Very specific revelation....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:06 AM   #163
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA Launching Next-Generation Graphics Cards At Gamescom 2018
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-launchin...gamescom-2018/

but the only way I would buy a 1180 and not wait for the 1180 ti is if it has full hdmi 2.1
Old Jun 30, 2018, 01:53 PM   #164
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Let’s hope it is not faster than a 1080 Ti.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 02:09 PM   #165
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I expect it to be 30 to 35% faster at 4k in most gaming scenarios.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 03:01 PM   #166
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

I expect it will be 10% minimum slower than a titan v in 4k gaming .

if it is fast as or faster than a titan v we will not like the price
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:26 AM   #167
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I expect it to be 30 to 35% faster at 4k in most gaming scenarios.
Than a Ti?

That would be great. I have my doubts.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 08:41 PM   #168
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I expect it will be 10% minimum slower than a titan v in 4k gaming .

if it is fast as or faster than a titan v we will not like the price
But then how do they get the 1180 Ti? An even more powerful Titan chip that is cut down? I guess that makes sense considering the last Titan has been available for a long time now.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jul 2, 2018 at 09:45 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2018, 09:57 PM   #169
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

When the 1180 is released it won't be Volta, this much we already know.

Turring is the next "gaming" graphics GPU being released, what this is so far is unknown. Rumors being rumors have it as a Pascal refresh possibly on a die-shrink with GDDR6. If this happens I would say we are looking at 15% - 25% over the 1080Ti. I'd be surprised at anything larger.

The other reason I say this is due to the large amount of GPU stock Nvidia currently has on hand. They could take all the old stock GPU's, toss GDDR6 on them and do the following:

1080Ti - 1170
1070Ti - 1160
1060 - 1150
1050 - 1130

It would make sense as the GDDR6 would be easily compatible with the current line as the pin-out is roughly the same, just lower power and faster speed.

If Volta gets released I would venture a guess we'd be looking at a 50% increase but I have a feeling they will do this with an 1180Ti.

From the release of the TitanV Nvidia stated that we wouldn't see a Titan any longer in the gaming segment, it would be only going up against the Vega Frontier line. The ProSumer cards if you will.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 2, 2018, 03:25 AM   #170
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will it mine? For gaming at 1440P a 1080 Ti is enough to be honest.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 05:50 AM   #171
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Refresh

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2018, 07:43 AM   #172
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Looks fake
Old Jul 2, 2018, 07:50 AM   #173
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Will it mine? For gaming at 1440P a 1080 Ti is enough to be honest.
Spoken like a true

That Xbone X is rotting your brain already I see :D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2018, 08:38 AM   #174
KAC
That postcount though...

Yeah, this time I may get the 1180 only if it offers significant mining improvement. I doubt I will be gaming much on my PC anyways. Most multi plats I want to play with the comfort of my room on big screen with HDR etc. Unless a game warrants a PC setup (like BF V) I am not going to be buying new cards. Also next interesting card for me is the 1180 Ti.

Now if mining sees a 25% boost then there will be at least 8 1080 Tis on sale
Old Jul 2, 2018, 09:36 AM   #175
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Why don't you move your PC to the room with the big screen?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:14 AM   #176
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Why don't you move your PC to the room with the big screen?
I think its more of a convenience thing. Last time I moved, I played PC non stop while I looked for a desk. Once I got a new desk, almost no play time on PC. I first bought a Shield and used it a little. Then I put a 55" 4k on the credenza and still, I play consoles over PC now that they are up to an acceptable performance level.

I'll probably pick up a new card though if I happen to see one on a shelf.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:20 AM   #177
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I mean, you can still play PC games on a big screen in the living room just like a console. The Xbox 1 wireless controller is plug and play. Wherever you use a PS4 or Xbox, you can use a purpose built PC to sit right next to it. The mouse is only used to start up a game. Why play a game like Assassins Creed Origins as a console peasant (aka KAC) when you can play the same game with much superior visuals on the same TV set but powered by a PC rather than Xbox1, using practically the same controller?

Last edited by Exposed : Jul 2, 2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:25 PM   #178
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I mean, you can still play PC games on a big screen in the living room just like a console. The Xbox 1 wireless controller is plug and play. Wherever you use a PS4 or Xbox, you can use a purpose built PC to sit right next to it. The mouse is only used to start up a game. Why play a game like Assassins Creed Origins as a console peasant (aka KAC) when you can play the same game with much superior visuals on the same TV set but powered by a PC rather than Xbox1, using practically the same controller?
I sold my NUC and purchased a 100' HDMI Fiber cable and ran it too my receiver for the home theater. Install Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, Mortal Kombat X, Capcom VS Marvel and the latest Sega Mega Drive on Steam. Runs awesome at 4K. Plus Retro Arch tweaked and I've got every console system up and running practically now off my rig.

No use for an Xbox or PS4 anymore.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 02:04 PM   #179
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Me personally, I don't want to add the oculus and sensors to the area around my TV along with the psvr that's already there. I also don't want to build two equivalent gaming PC's. Also don't have any where near as much room to move around between my couch and TV.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 02:06 PM   #180
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
No use for an Xbox or PS4 anymore.
Some of the best games over the past decade have been PS exclusives. So if you want to miss out because you think you're too good for that, that's your prerogative.