Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:08 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Because they have 4k 120hz her panels coming out soon and need to actually have something to be able to drive them?

If they released a new king of the hill high end card to drive the new panels and that was it most people would be ok with that imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Enable SLI back and sell more 1080Tis?
Pretty much. Even if they released a geforce with titan V performance your still not hitting 144hz 4k with them in sli unless it's a very well scaling order title. They dropped a GV100 today that has 5000 cuda cores and 32gb of hbm. Nvidia is generations ahead of amd. No competition, can't even keep in stock of 2 year old gpus where they pretty much have a use for ever yielded chip. Why stop milking that with no shortage of demand to go produce a new geforce card. It's about money not some halo screen/ monitors that very few will buy and that has just seen delay after delay.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:16 PM   #92
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Because they have 4k 120hz her panels coming out soon and need to actually have something to be able to drive them?

If they released a new king of the hill high end card to drive the new panels and that was it most people would be ok with that imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:28 PM   #93
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post

Direct quote from jacket man

"The more you buy the more you save"

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:32 PM   #94
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Direct quote from jacket man

"The more you buy the more you save"
Yeah, I think NV should invest more driver time into SLI to sell more Pascal chips and keep perfecting next gen. Mo $, Mo $, Mo $.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2018, 07:47 AM   #95
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

If nVidia wants to court the gamers AND the miners, they should have already started working on hardware designed specifically for mining, completely separate from gaming GPUs. I'm pretty sure that, as great as GPUs are for mining, they could get even better results out of hardware designed specifically for mining. Shoot, they might even hit on some designs that would greatly increase the performance of GPUs for gaming while designing mining hardware.

They could really be missing out on something. Sure, they could just keep making gaming cards that can mine really good, or they could work on making some hardware that will mine exponentially faster than any of their GPU designs. This way, they not only keep gamers happy, but completely corner the market in mining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:12 PM   #96
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If nVidia wants to court the gamers AND the miners, they should have already started working on hardware designed specifically for mining, completely separate from gaming GPUs. I'm pretty sure that, as great as GPUs are for mining, they could get even better results out of hardware designed specifically for mining. Shoot, they might even hit on some designs that would greatly increase the performance of GPUs for gaming while designing mining hardware.

They could really be missing out on something. Sure, they could just keep making gaming cards that can mine really good, or they could work on making some hardware that will mine exponentially faster than any of their GPU designs. This way, they not only keep gamers happy, but completely corner the market in mining.
I doubt they care all the see is 1080 ti's selling for 1500+ and they want all that money for themselves

till bitcoin price drops below 4k we are toast .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2018, 01:17 PM   #97
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I doubt they care all the see is 1080 ti's selling for 1500+ and they want all that money for themselves

I share the sentiment.

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2018, 03:07 PM   #98
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

I honestly never understood the mentality of why would Nvidia or AMD care how much the cards sell for or who's buying them.

Nvidia sells it to EVGA or Asus or MSI at whatever price, in turn the AIB sells it too a supplier who then in turn sells it to Newegg. Newegg dictates the street price regardless of if the AIB states MSRP.

Now if Nvidia increases its price, or the AIB increases the price and it still sells, why would they care? Its money in the bank.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Mar 29, 2018, 03:12 PM   #99
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I honestly never understood the mentality of why would Nvidia or AMD care how much the cards sell for or who's buying them.

Nvidia sells it to EVGA or Asus or MSI at whatever price, in turn the AIB sells it too a supplier who then in turn sells it to Newegg. Newegg dictates the street price regardless of if the AIB states MSRP.

Now if Nvidia increases its price, or the AIB increases the price and it still sells, why would they care? Its money in the bank.
Because miners don't buy your gaming ecosystem stuff and can screw with your product launches by dumping their old cards on the used market.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2018, 07:30 PM   #100
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Because miners don't buy your gaming ecosystem stuff and can screw with your product launches by dumping their old cards on the used market.

The second hand market in the case of Mining isn't a concern for Nvidia and AMD. Why? Because:

1.) They will just buy the new hardware anyways which will eat up all the stock.

2.) Possibly not dump their old mining rig and just setup a new one to run along side it. Who's to say they will offload it to the second hand market.

Either way, AMD and Nvidia make money.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 07:10 AM   #101
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Here is my dilema ...

I have a Vega56...When the gtx 20x0 the vega's will devalue big time on the second hand market.I didn't sell durring the crypto boom and i am not intending too anyway..I will talk hypotetically.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ge...mmer-2018.html

According to the table we will a gtx 2070 at the 1080ti level of performance but at 1070 price ... According to this performance tables the 1080ti is 36% faster than vega56 so the card will devalue with 40% after the 20x0 lands at msrp ...

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...i_FTW2/28.html

Looking at the 20x0 except Raytracing i don't feel compeled about anything else.And Raytracing for gaming is way in infant position.There is no FULL Raytracing game now on the market and if it will be will wipe the floor with anything except volta super fancy gpu... For my 1080p needs the performance is assured with big eyecandy with Vega56.I intend to keep this GPU until full Raytracing games are there and the GPU's to drive them properly...We can discuss 4k and 144hz and stuff but the rest of us with 1080p monitors the new generation is kinda pointless..The Raytracing will be the true gamechanger and worth the upgrade of gpu...Can't wait for full Raytracing games.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:11 AM   #102
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2018, 02:22 PM   #103
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
If there's any truth to this I might have to switch back to the green team. Can't afford to sit out another 2-year GPU cycle.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:10 PM   #104
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
"While these specifications are likely to be false, they do sit as an interesting topic for discussion"

Click bait much?

yoz
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:12 PM   #105
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
"While these specifications are likely to be false, they do sit as an interesting topic for discussion"

Click bait much?
Well, you need to understand where they got their info from.

Besides its pretty much a 1080Ti with GDDR6 @ 256bit bus.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:32 PM   #106
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Well, you need to understand where they got their info from.
Yes, they said as much.

yoz
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:43 PM   #107
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

till the 1180 ti who cares

and that is what a year + or two out ?
and then only if GPP dies on the vine
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:37 AM   #108
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

well TSMC will be busy with Apple A12

https://wccftech.com/tsmc-record-pro...12-soc-orders/

NVidia and AMD will get the backseat
Old May 8, 2018, 03:53 PM   #109
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Nvidia sitting on there asses it seems. Not even sure this is newsworthy.

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...han-a-titan-xp
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old May 8, 2018, 04:19 PM   #110
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Nvidia sitting on there asses it seems. Not even sure this is newsworthy.

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...han-a-titan-xp
Well, it's not like there's much competition out there.

yoz
Old May 8, 2018, 05:20 PM   #111
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
well TSMC will be busy with Apple A12

https://wccftech.com/tsmc-record-pro...12-soc-orders/

NVidia and AMD will get the backseat
LOL wtftech "news"
Old May 23, 2018, 11:21 AM   #112
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

https://www.techspot.com/news/74676-...et-launch.html

Looks like July release for Founder's Edition.

Don't care what anyone says, there's nothing wrong with the founders editions (other than price). It served me well with the GTX 1080's and is better all around for SLI.

That's why I'll grab one of these at launch. The peasants can wait another two months for partner boards.

Edit - Also can thread title be changed? It's neither Ampere nor Volta, and looks to be 1180 branding.

Last edited by Exposed : May 23, 2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:29 PM   #113
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
https://www.techspot.com/news/74676-...et-launch.html

Looks like July release for Founder's Edition.

Don't care what anyone says, there's nothing wrong with the founders editions (other than price). It served me well with the GTX 1080's and is better all around for SLI.

That's why I'll grab one of these at launch. The peasants can wait another two months for partner boards.

Edit - Also can thread title be changed? It's neither Ampere nor Volta, and looks to be 1180 branding.
Noise. Don't forget noise.

I'd wait for an aftermarket card, but... basically zero chance of finding one in-stock at MSRP from a retailer due to mining.
Old May 23, 2018, 01:07 PM   #114
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

I'd wait for an aftermarket card, but... basically zero chance of finding one in-stock at MSRP from a retailer due to mining.
DIE miners, DIE!!!

yoz
Old May 23, 2018, 01:40 PM   #115
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
DIE miners, DIE!!!
I'm sure AMD will save the day with their *new* Radeon RX 580XXxXxxxXXxxxX series...
Old May 23, 2018, 04:18 PM   #116
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I'm sure AMD will save the day with their *new* Radeon RX 580XXxXxxxXXxxxX series...
Some strong competition from AMD would be most welcomed.

yoz
Old May 23, 2018, 05:04 PM   #117
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:

Quote:
DIE miners, DIE!!!
It's not the miners so much anymore, its the price of, and lack of supply of, memory it self. Which if you haven't noticed in through the roof for pricing. So you can re-direct some of that anger to Samsung, Hynix and Micron.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2018, 06:52 PM   #118
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So wtf is coming in July?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2018, 07:18 PM   #119
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Turing
Old May 23, 2018, 10:31 PM   #120
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Winter. Winter is coming. In Australia.