Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Default Official Nvidia Consumer Turing thread

Take with a huge grain of salt considering the source:

RUMOR: NVIDIA Ampere GA104 GPU Powering ‘GeForce GTX 2080’ and ‘GeForce GTX 2070’ Launching In April, Mass Production Has Begun And GP102 is EOL

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-g...unching-april/
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Aug 23, 2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Change title
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:14 AM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Maybe but why stop milking now? Selling out on a manu process that is probably very efficient at this time.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Nvidia can't afford to become stagnant even without competition, gamers will just move on to consoles if PC gaming no longer remains cutting edge. And miners keeping GPUs sky high in price with no availability will just make that choice easier.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2018, 09:17 AM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Excited to see what the new cards can do as gaming cards... not as bitcoin tools

Its been awhile since 1080ti has been released so I wonder what the performance jump will be like.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 09:22 AM   #5
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Excited to see what the new cards can do as gaming cards... not as bitcoin tools

Its been awhile since 1080ti has been released so I wonder what the performance jump will be like.
Lol. I like how people keep thinking 1080ti. Meanwhile we are talking titan x pascal performance from 2016. It's nv 2 gens ahead of AMD we looking at 1080ti performance at ampere. If you got a TI your upgrade is later this year or next year. Whenever, there enough defect chips from v100.

I have a titan V and even if this thing would literally have to be 10-15% faster across the board (and not some titles)for it to be a solid upgrade from a ti/xp.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 09:48 AM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

We talk 1080Tis cause only suckers(or the nycdarkness' of the world if you got more money than you know what to do with it and no other hobbies) buy Titan Xs when they first come out. We all know the history... TX comes out and then Ti steals the show a few months later with price/performance.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:38 AM   #7
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This is what I predict will happen with performance over the 1080TI.

2080 Vanilla +15% ( MILK edition cost $1200 )
2080 TI + 35% ($1600 )
2080 Titan Variant +50% ( $2000 )

I don't think we will see many iterations of the Titan this time. Nvidia learning from it's stupidity. And I am probably being conservative with price knowing Nvidia the prices could be doubled....
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:09 AM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post

2080 TI + 35% ($1600 )

I don't think we will see many iterations of the Titan this time. Nvidia learning from it's stupidity. And I am probably being conservative with price knowing Nvidia the prices could be doubled....
Are those canadian prices? So we're good in the US?

Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:44 AM   #9
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post

2080 TI + 35% ($1600 )

They are gonna kill their gaming base with prices like that. TBH with current games more most folks a 1080ti is already very sufficient. I'd say 749/800 on the 1080. We probably wont even see a titan.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:05 PM   #10
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
They are gonna kill their gaming base with prices like that. TBH with current games more most folks a 1080ti is already very sufficient. I'd say 749/800 on the 1080. We probably wont even see a titan.
and the 2080 TI will replace it at same price 6 months later like last time

being on 4k I need it but if the 2080 TI strix comes in higher than 800 they can bite me
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:14 PM   #11
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They will do what they always do. Release the upper mid range stuff (2080) priced around $650 for people too impatient to wait for the Ti. Then the Ti comes out at around $700~750, and the 2080 drops down to the low $500 range.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:28 PM   #12
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
They will do what they always do. Release the upper mid range stuff (2080) priced around $650 for people too impatient to wait for the Ti. Then the Ti comes out at around $700~750, and the 2080 drops down to the low $500 range.
I see 699 for the 1080 is more likely. We probably wont see the TI till next year @ 799

Old Feb 9, 2018, 07:38 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I hope it mines like a mofo on crack.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:45 PM   #14
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

In before miners will just buy them as before gamers buy them.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:50 PM   #15
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Lol I have 3 evga cards registered on 1/26 just remembered about step up. Guess we see.

Old Feb 10, 2018, 05:43 AM   #16
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So long as we don't get a refresh. But Ampere was expected to be a refresh. Slotting it in between Pascal and Volta on the road map might suggest so. Now the waiting game until we know.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 09:48 AM   #17
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

If you want to make sure to get one then I suggest getting a pre-order in on newegg as soon as they are up. I would not pre-order on amazon.

Now the initial offering may be a blower style cooler that could end up being laf. Tough position really because if you wait for aftermarket solutions it could be a while and they may be hard to get.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:47 AM   #18
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

wouldn't touch a blower style cooler with your .......

hopefully bitcoin will die again by then
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:28 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am never buying blower again.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:31 PM   #20
Riptide

Oh don't worry Bill it will crash by then. It won't stay down though which is what you probably want. If you're lucky that roller coaster will be on an extended dip so demand stays down for a while. While meaning at least a few months if not longer.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 11, 2018, 06:43 PM   #21
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Could NVIDIA block GeForce GTX 20 series cards from mining?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60812...ing/index.html

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog

Last edited by Tyr-Sog : Feb 11, 2018 at 06:48 PM.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 06:52 PM   #22
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

linking to opinion articles on tweaktown should result in a ban.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 09:06 PM   #23
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So, if I had a company and was selling a product like a shovel for putting in plants and then someone decided to use the shovel for digging up diamonds would I get mad and make the shovel not dig diamonds?

Nope.

I'd say that I was looking into making it a plant only shovel and then collect all the money that I could from both the diamond and plant market.

Nvidia, AMD, INTEL, Microsoft, really any business only cares about profits. If those profits come from another source than originally intended then that's just more profits.

end of story.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 09:54 PM   #24
Riptide

Agree. However you would be pissed if you couldn't get a shovel to dig your ditch with.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:15 PM   #25
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

lol no. That won't be happens. Nvidia doesn't care whether it's miners or gamers. All they care is profits. Both miners and gamers are just consumers.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:19 PM   #26
KAC
That postcount though...

Given how many cards they are selling it would be absolutely stupid to not have these puppies mine.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:35 AM   #27
Riptide

If I were them I'd be tempted at this point to squeeze the 10 series market a few months longer before ramping up on the successor. As a business what is better than selling every last unit you can make and then some?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:54 AM   #28
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

In my opinion Nvidia should lock mining out on consumer gaming cards and leave it unlocked on their Titan line.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:10 PM   #29
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Apparently NV has stopped mass production of the 1080Ti, March reveal and the launch date for Ampere is April 12th.

Grain of salt of course.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:35 PM   #30
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Apparently NV has stopped mass production of the 1080Ti, March reveal and the launch date for Ampere is April 12th.

Grain of salt of course.
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...debut-in-april

so about a year from now for the ti
a long wait