Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 07:17 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Holy crap! Opening up my side panel has unleashed these Titan Xp's. Currently mining equihash at 2012Mhz core, 12.2GHz mem and both cards at 45C.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 07:48 PM   #92
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man, I am getting annoyed by all these nowinstock alerts which always show the cards out of stock.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 09:12 PM   #93
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

KAC:

Just buy a couple Titan V.

84 MH/s out of a single card.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 25, 2018, 09:34 PM   #94
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Can’t purchase from nvidia website.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 06:16 AM   #95
KAC
That postcount though...

Picked up 2 EVGA SC2 hybrids for 819 a pop. Should be here mid Feb.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 07:27 AM   #96
Riptide

Seems like the 10 series cards can be found with some patience and effort.

The vega is pretty much next to impossible. At least not at msrp or anywhere close to it.

Some of the AIO ones haven't been in stock since November. Not sure you can blame the "filthy miners" for that.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Jan 26, 2018, 08:45 AM   #97
KAC
That postcount though...

Anyone had experience with EVGA AIOs? I see a ton of reviews of pumps dying after 6 months on newegg.com. Oh well.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 08:59 AM   #98
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My guess is that those peeps had air trapped in the pump, it's just another asetek pump/block so it should not be less reliable than cpu AIO solutions like the h50/h100/whatever.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 09:28 AM   #99
KAC
That postcount though...

Thanks Mangler for info. I am keeping my order. I just have to figure out how to fit 3 cards in my 760T case lol.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 09:31 AM   #100
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks Mangler for info. I am keeping my order. I just have to figure out how to fit 3 cards in my 760T case lol.

Get a milk crate and a pvc tube for gpu support and cut away. lol. That fan will still need to spin for the vrm/vrm chokes.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 09:33 AM   #101
KAC
That postcount though...

No the problem is no room for 3 cards in my case as last pci e slot is right above the PSU.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:04 AM   #102
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
No the problem is no room for 3 cards in my case as last pci e slot is right above the PSU.
That's why I said use a milk crate. Move your pc outta your pc case. Or get another board cpu ( cheap build and do that). Alternatively, get a rise cable and cut your case so you can vertically mount one.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:44 AM   #103
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Seems like the 10 series cards can be found with some patience and effort.
I'd say it's actually pretty easy, at the risk of offending people who say it can't be done. I'm sure some people legitimately just have bad luck and timing even though they are putting forth the effort to find one.

I bought a 1080Ti 3 weeks ago within 12hrs of selling my old card (didn't look until then). Then, I bought one yesterday after deciding the morning prior that I was in for a 2nd card...so about 24hrs later. Both at MSRP.

If someone really wants one, it can be done.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:05 AM   #104
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

I literally just copped strix off newegg for 799.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:16 PM   #105
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I literally just copped strix off newegg for 799.
strix is 899 on the egg
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:38 PM   #106
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
strix is 899 on the egg
USA only MAGA discount.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:47 PM   #107
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
strix is 899 on the egg
Was 799 on checkout for me

Old Jan 26, 2018, 01:04 PM   #108
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

What's the story on mining with one GPU while using another installed GPU to play games? Internet searches is a mixed bag with no real results.

Anyone here actually tried it?

Edit: looks like this DOES work. Plenty of YouTube videos showing it's functional. My 2nd 1080Ti arrives on Wed, so I'll post my own results then.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jan 26, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 04:41 PM   #109
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Old Jan 26, 2018, 05:09 PM   #110
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Anyone had experience with EVGA AIOs? I see a ton of reviews of pumps dying after 6 months on newegg.com. Oh well.
Had 2 Hybrid EVGA 980ti's for 18 months.

No issues so far.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 05:35 PM   #111
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
What's the story on mining with one GPU while using another installed GPU to play games? Internet searches is a mixed bag with no real results.

Anyone here actually tried it?

Edit: looks like this DOES work. Plenty of YouTube videos showing it's functional. My 2nd 1080Ti arrives on Wed, so I'll post my own results then.
Was doing it this morning. Just have to make sure to change the overclock on the card you're gaming on
Old Jan 26, 2018, 07:41 PM   #112
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

I grabed a sc2 hybird, ftw3, and sc2 tonight. Evga seems reliable. I am probably not going to mine with these as I have friends that have been trying to get a card to game on. You just need to be quick and lucky at evga.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 07:47 PM   #113
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Was doing it this morning. Just have to make sure to change the overclock on the card you're gaming on
Do you have it perm set to a US location or do you let it pick automatically?

Old Jan 26, 2018, 08:28 PM   #114
Riptide

ccminer has a switch to target individual GPU directly. I have a batch file setup for it just won't have time to test until tomorrow or sunday. I'll post back with results. I expect it should work beautifully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Holy crap! Opening up my side panel has unleashed these Titan Xp's. Currently mining equihash at 2012Mhz core, 12.2GHz mem and both cards at 45C.
What sols/s are you getting on equihash?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:42 PM   #115
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Is it normal for it to mine faster for a bit then slow down then go up? Seems like when you first start the first hour its quicker? Hashrate stays the same just the $ gain lol.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:06 PM   #116
KAC
That postcount though...

$ gain is based on bitcoin valuation. As long as the amount of BTC you earn per day is constant or similar you are doing fine. I think with 3 cards I should be able to do 0.002 BTC per day or something. About $900 a month.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:21 PM   #117
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
$ gain is based on bitcoin valuation. As long as the amount of BTC you earn per day is constant or similar you are doing fine. I think with 3 cards I should be able to do 0.002 BTC per day or something. About $900 a month.
That's assuming bitcoin goes up. I think your more likely looking at 600

Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:57 PM   #118
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

and assuming bitcoin does not tank

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...gox-2018-01-26

anyone else think all these hacks are inside jobs ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 02:22 AM   #119
KAC
That postcount though...

Of course.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 04:53 AM   #120
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Do you have it perm set to a US location or do you let it pick automatically?
I let it pick automatically