Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 08:55 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
How did you get them for $799?
Came in stock and I happen to be on the page when it did.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:11 PM   #62
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Impossible. I've been told by so many people (haters) that the "filthy miners" are making it literally impossible to get a GPU for anything less than 200% markup.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:12 PM   #63
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Impossible. I've been told by so many people (haters) that the "filthy miners" are making it literally impossible to get a GPU for anything less than 200% markup.
Well, technically...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:20 PM   #64
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In my opinion is not worth it to mine. I got into it for a few months and the ROI was taking longer than it should plus the constant headaches that comes with it like making sure all your cards are running at their best and ****. And the damn risers man dont get me started.

Im doing way better trading crypto than when I mined eth so if you doing for fun go for it but if you are going to make a living just stick to trading IMO
Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:23 PM   #65
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
In my opinion is not worth it to mine. I got into it for a few months and the ROI was taking longer than it should plus the constant headaches that comes with it like making sure all your cards are running at their best and ****. And the damn risers man dont get me started.

Im doing way better trading crypto than when I mined eth so if you doing for fun go for it but if you are going to make a living just stick to trading IMO
Did do some trading and i have some money in icos.

With that said I have enough systems to not have to do the riser card stuff for the cards I have. And i wont have any electricity costs so.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:37 PM   #66
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I can understand some of the negativity on mining, and the frustration of both gamers and system builders. On the other hand, the willingness to spend thousands to build a rig is pretty wild. It seems like a big gamble to me, waiting on that ROI to start raking in the dough. I guess I just don't have much faith in the crypto-system.

However, for myself? I'll keep mining to make a small chunk of extra pocket change each month. Also, I'll try to snag a 2nd 1080Ti to play games with at 4k. I'll mine with that too...would be great to make it pay some of the money back at the very least. I don't have much expectations beyond that.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 09:47 PM   #67
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Pretty much why I did it. Just wanted to pay for the equipment I had on hand already and make a small investment. I've expanded to a total of four GPU and don't have any plans to go much beyond that.

I enjoy my day job and gaming. No desire to build a huge farm and stay at home all day eating chips and watching clients churn out shares.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:52 PM   #68
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Added the second 1080 Ti to my main rig tonight. Up to 0.0031 bitcoins a day now.

That's over $1000 a month
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:54 PM   #69
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Pretty much why I did it. Just wanted to pay for the equipment I had on hand already and make a small investment. I've expanded to a total of four GPU and don't have any plans to go much beyond that.

I enjoy my day job and gaming. No desire to build a huge farm and stay at home all day eating chips and watching clients churn out shares.
I'm going to be running V as my gaming card lol while the rest are going quad into 2 systems. I actually only needed 2 more water blocks so I grabbed those. Having horded so much assorted watercooling gear. I have everything on hand to fully watercool both. Not sure if imma do anything in particular. The rigs will be in a server room that I can't access anytime I want but my buddy can on site during the work week to check stuff out if needs be. I will set them up for remote access but outside of that I think I may just have to go with something thats click and set. With 8 cards if I can see 800 a month I would be shocked lol. Way I see it it pays for 1 parking space? LOL.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:55 PM   #70
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Added the second 1080 Ti to my main rig tonight. Up to 0.0031 bitcoins a day now.

How many cards are you running now? I can get 2 more cards and run 3 in my main system. Outside of that I am out of psus. I don't mind throwing some money for shits and giggles.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:02 PM   #71
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
How many cards are you running now? I can get 2 more cards and run 3 in my main system. Outside of that I am out of psus. I don't mind throwing some money for shits and giggles.
Thats 2 Titan Xp's under water, an msi gaming x 1080 Ti, and a EVGA hybrid 1080 Ti. Have an msi seahawk (AIO) 1080 Ti on the way. 5 cards. This is me done imo. my main rig looks like Frankenstein's monster now.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 01:02 AM   #72
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thats 2 Titan Xp's under water, an msi gaming x 1080 Ti, and a EVGA hybrid 1080 Ti. Have an msi seahawk (AIO) 1080 Ti on the way. 5 cards. This is me done imo. my main rig looks like Frankenstein's monster now.
* Waits for DAVE to build a proper mining rig.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 08:21 AM   #73
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

You do you KAC. I will be laughing when you can't get it configured right.

Also all Titan Xp variants are out of stock on nvidia.com
Old Jan 25, 2018, 08:46 AM   #74
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

reg xp is still avail.

aio and block variant of the gigabyte available on newegg for 1100s but comes with a x370 gaming 5 mobo to soften the rape lol.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 09:16 AM   #75
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah I was trying to get the AIO but then saw the motherboard plus the reviews. Not touching Gigabyte.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 09:19 AM   #76
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yeah I was trying to get the AIO but then saw the motherboard plus the reviews. Not touching Gigabyte.
I have that board aint too shabby.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:48 AM   #77
KAC
That postcount though...

It wasn’t about the board. I don’t want to pay for it. I finally scored a MSI Trio for 849 and then Newegg voided my order. My local shop called and said that it has 3 Strix at 4250 per card or 1115 bucks. Wtf.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:23 PM   #78
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

pny ref blower is avail for 900 on the egg with a newegg business code. I have it if anyone wants it.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 01:32 PM   #79
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

All variants of the xp avail GO go go.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 02:28 PM   #80
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

So I left a 2 card system mining while I complete the 2 giant ones lol. It estimates 398 a month for 2 1080tis yet it says 6 dollars a day? lol How is this even estimated.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 03:01 PM   #81
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
So I left a 2 card system mining while I complete the 2 giant ones lol. It estimates 398 a month for 2 1080tis yet it says 6 dollars a day? lol How is this even estimated.
The per day on the site is all over the place. I get $6+ with a single 1080Ti, but the site bounces all over. You should be at $12+ per day.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 04:20 PM   #82
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber
Arrow

Damn near had another 1080Ti scored. Had a notice from EVGA. Checked a few things, moved the cash for it to my debit account, created the order, and hit purchase...insufficient stock. Will go faster next time. Ten minutes was too long.

Edit: Refreshed their product page and saw another one in stock. It hadn't even hit my email yet for the auto-notify. Bought it, transaction complete. Bought it for $780 MSRP.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jan 25, 2018 at 04:31 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 04:33 PM   #83
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Damn near had another 1080Ti scored. Had a notice from EVGA. Checked a few things, moved the cash for it to my debit account, created the order, and hit purchase...insufficient stock. Will go faster next time. Ten minutes was too long.

Edit: Refreshed their product page and saw another one in stock. It hadn't even hit my email yet for the auto-notify. Bought it, transaction complete. Bought it for $780 MSRP.
Nice. Never saw any on their site ever.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 04:56 PM   #84
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
It's all an estimate based on past profits/market trends. If you want an accurate number - need to let it mine for a week.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 05:54 PM   #85
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Ah okay thanks.

I saw the sc and ftw both hybrids come in stock but missed both.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 06:31 PM   #86
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Trying to decide if running the power limit at 100% on my cards is worth it. Electricity cost wise the difference between 100% and 85% is like $5 bucks. On my Titan Xp watercooled system, running at 100% power puts the cards at 55c, running at 85% puts them at 48C. I'm also trying to factor the cost in the warmer months when I'm dealing with heat too.

According to whattomine.com

At 3220MH/s (85% power limit on the Titan Xp's) I'll net $12.85 a day or .00124 bitcoins.

At 3600MH/s (100% power limit on the Titan Xp's) I'll net $14.32 a day, or .00135 bitcoins.

That's a difference of $44.10 a month. That covers the entire cost of running that system for a month. I think I might just leave it at 100%. $44.10 I think would also cover the cost of the increased run time of my air conditioner to keep them cool. 48C vs 55C on the cards is negligible.

Running the cards at 120% power limit results in 3750MH/s and 58C. The unknown here is what temp is the VRM running at. No idea how good waterblocks cool VRM's compared to the core (nyc any insight here?)

My biggest advantage here is my power cost at $0.07 kw/h
Old Jan 25, 2018, 06:41 PM   #87
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Trying to decide if running the power limit at 100% on my cards is worth it. Electricity cost wise the difference between 100% and 85% is like $5 bucks. On my Titan Xp watercooled system, running at 100% power puts the cards at 55c, running at 85% puts them at 48C. I'm also trying to factor the cost in the warmer months when I'm dealing with heat too.

According to whattomine.com

At 3220MH/s (85% power limit on the Titan Xp's) I'll net $12.85 a day or .00124 bitcoins.

At 3600MH/s (100% power limit on the Titan Xp's) I'll net $14.32 a day, or .00135 bitcoins.

That's a difference of $44.10 a month. That covers the entire cost of running that system for a month. I think I might just leave it at 100%. $44.10 I think would also cover the cost of the increased run time of my air conditioner to keep them cool. 48C vs 55C on the cards is negligible.

Running the cards at 120% power limit results in 3750MH/s and 58C. The unknown here is what temp is the VRM running at. No idea how good waterblocks cool VRM's compared to the core (nyc any insight here?)

My biggest advantage here is my power cost at $0.07 kw/h
Well Im assuming your using EK blocks which do have the vrms watercooled as well. You can always see your vrm temp in gpuz. Unlike tradtional aircoolers that either have a heatsinks with poor vrm contact or just a single heatpipe going over the vrms, a block is much more sufficient. I think running at 100 would be probably a safer bet in the long run. We are talking about sustained load over a very long period of time. I would not worry about vrms anywhere near the temp threshold on a dedicated block.

Some cards dont have a sensor there that gpu-z picks up btw. But anyway if your water its hardly an issue. Tbh the vrm chokes are more essentially to be kept cool than the vrm themselves but that's also covered on full blocks.

Last edited by nycdarkness : Jan 25, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 06:50 PM   #88
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Thanks, thats what I thought, yeah I'm running full cover EK blocks.

I actually took the side panel off my case and temps at 100% power limit have dropped to 47C. I have the radiator for the GPU's mounted to the front of the case as exhaust (didn't want to dump that heat into the case and on to the CPU). I can't currently mount it to the top of the case because the CPU cooler is too tall for it to fit. If I wanted to mount to the top of the case I'd need to replace the CPU cooler, something I dont want to do. Airflow is not optimal right now. CPU fan exhausts to the back of the case and gpu exhausts to the front so its not a surprise taking the side panel off has helped temps.

Edit: dropping below 50C seems to be allowing the cards to jump up a stepping in core clock (****ing GPU boost, lol)
Old Jan 25, 2018, 06:57 PM   #89
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Thanks, thats what I thought, yeah I'm running full cover EK blocks.

I actually took the side panel off my case and temps at 100% power limit have dropped to 47C. I have the radiator for the GPU's mounted to the front of the case as exhaust (didn't want to dump that heat into the case and on to the CPU). I can't currently mount it to the top of the case because the CPU cooler is too tall for it to fit. If I wanted to mount to the top of the case I'd need to replace the CPU cooler, something I dont want to do. Airflow is not optimal right now. CPU fan exhausts to the back of the case and gpu exhausts to the front so its not a surprise taking the side panel off has helped temps.

Edit: dropping below 50C seems to be allowing the cards to jump up a stepping in core clock (****ing GPU boost, lol)
Yes pascal likes to be under 50. Higher than 55 is where u see clock drops. Get a mora radaitor put it by the window

Old Jan 25, 2018, 07:00 PM   #90
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Yes pascal likes to be under 50. Higher than 55 is where u see clock drops. Get a mora radaitor put it by the window
haha just looked that up on google, holy crap. I wish I had windows I could open here. My apartment just has 2 patio doors onto a balcony, no windows. Not opening the patio doors while its 25F out haha