Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:50 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
i guess the map would help, but just looking around to find where you are going is pretty easy. and pressing the "-" button to orient yourself, or using the marker placement for next spot is fun and easy.
I dont want to go in and out of the map menu. A good compromise would be to hit a button and a map overlay would pop up while you are still moving in game. Sort of like hitting tab in a PC game to see the score menu but everything is still happening.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:52 AM   #62
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just looking around? i know its a huge world, but pretty easy to figure out where you are at. Pik a spot, and keep going! i do get turned around sometimes while i am climbing, and miss what i was going after.. then i just find something though, lol, no biggie
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:56 AM   #63
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

When you get deep into the game you are going to very specific spots looking for shrines or whatever else and a map is essential. Early in the game no map is not that big a deal because you are finding stuff left and right. But after that initial run of finding all the easier stuff you have to dig deeper and go to very specific spots.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2017, 02:10 PM   #64
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i have gotten 80 shrines, 3 of the 4 beasts, over 300 korok seeds, hylian shield and master sword.
I never missed the hud after i left the great plateau. I simply use the binocs/sheikah slate
I am in Gerudo town now, and link is burning up! i just left the coldest part of the game to come to the desert lol. I am not equipped.
I have only needed the map to go back to locations to upgrade heearts//stamina/fairy shrines. I let the horse do all the navigation.
Have you defeated a white lynel? I tried, and died. Tried again, and died, leaving it alone. not easy at all
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:10 AM   #65
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wildlands worth boning? It is like Farcry games?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2017, 03:23 AM   #66
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

*****, games are becoming seriously repetitive. Wtf. Everything has the same shite thrown at you over and over. To take a break from this kind of trash, I have started playing Halo Wars Definitive Edition. At least the missions are different thus far and I can enjoy a nice brainless strategy game.

Next up, which game should I finish first.

My options in open world repetitive piece of crap gaming are:

- Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Mafia 3
- Mad Max
- Mass Effect Andromeda
- Division

Tell me what is the less evil game.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 06:53 AM   #67
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Play something different bro. There are so many amazing games that arent boring open world collect-a-thons.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2017, 08:11 AM   #68
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Open FPS have been some of the most boring games I have played. IMO, open world and FPS just don't go together well. A nice linear FPS is the way to go.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2017, 09:18 AM   #69
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
*****, games are becoming seriously repetitive. Wtf. Everything has the same shite thrown at you over and over. To take a break from this kind of trash, I have started playing Halo Wars Definitive Edition. At least the missions are different thus far and I can enjoy a nice brainless strategy game.

Next up, which game should I finish first.

My options in open world repetitive piece of crap gaming are:

- Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Mafia 3
- Mad Max
- Mass Effect Andromeda
- Division

Tell me what is the less evil game.

Mad max and just stick to doing the main missions. If you stay out of the have to find everything loop in this game it is pretty decent. Like a batman game with some vehicle combat thrown in, and some taking over fortresses ala far cry.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2017, 09:35 AM   #70
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Mad max and just stick to doing the main missions. If you stay out of the have to find everything loop in this game it is pretty decent. Like a batman game with some vehicle combat thrown in, and some taking over fortresses ala far cry.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:55 AM   #71
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've preached this before but the thing with open world gaming is i don't think you should be trying to do everything like a collectathon. Just focus on the main quest and do side stuff only if you need to or feel like it. The excessive filler in these games is just to make them seem bigger for marketing purposes, because that's what sells right now.

Other than that i suggest dipping your toes into some different genres.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2017, 03:13 PM   #72
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Open world is also not my thing. I like the Fallout 2 style, where there are plenty of things to do inside the towns. And when travelling in the world there are random encounters. However it isn't open world. That way the player can focus on what's important, without ever running around the world aimlessly.

But that of course is just me. I am sure many loves exploring the world for hours.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2017, 05:29 PM   #73
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I miss the linear progression of games like Dungeon Siege 1 & 2. Made you feel like you really went on an epic journey.

Open world games can be good though, depends how its implemented.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2017, 04:02 AM   #74
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

The thing i miss the most is a real story when it comes to mmorpg. Or at least an (more or less) epic questline like the one in WoW to get the warlock mount.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2017, 05:07 PM   #75
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Open world games are wearing me out so fast. Every damn thing is an RPG of sorts with an open world with repetitive crap thrown at you. Every single game. It is really becoming a chore to finish even the simplest of games.

Mafia 3 - Why is it open world? Dafuq!
Ghost Recon Wildlands - Why is it open world? Dafuq!
Dying Light - Why is it open world? Dafuq!
Mass Effect Andromeda - Could have done without a full open world? Dafuq!
Division - Again open world? Dafuq!
Gravity Rush 2 - Wanted to play but full on open world!
Horizon Zero Dawn - Love it but open world again!
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Again open world sort of!
Zelda - Wanted to try but open world.
Nier Automata - Again and RPG almost open world so skipped.

I really appreciated some story driven stuff like Doom, TF2 and COD IW this past few months. Other than that, it seems everything I touch is open world/RPG nonsense. You guys getting tired of this?
It's not the open world but the fact that most new modern open world games feel like playing theme park MMOs without other players. They're just that dull with their mandatory XP grind, loot locations and points of interest marked on your GPS map, achievements for every mundane action, checklist of tasks to do etc.

I liked the world in Witcher 3 but the loot question marks on the map were something I couldn't understand. Most of the loot locations were extremely lazily made, especially in Skellige where they had smugglers caches every 100 meters in water. It's like they had a quota of one question mark on the map per acre or something like that.

What's the point of an open world when there's no exploration? I don't think I have had that feeling of finding something awesome while exploring in modern open world games like I had in STALKER, Gothic II or Morrowind.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2017, 08:42 PM   #76
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Don't forget Skyrim and Witcher games to a much smaller degree.

You can play any of those games more linearly and finish, or you can choose to explore more. Entirely up to you.
The only issue with the Witcher isn't that its open world.. its that there really isn't much sense of discovery.. The devs basically had to make a choice make a really big world with lots of stuff in it.. but they resorted to basically telling where the players to go. The only gamble was you didn't exactly know what you were going to get.. but that can get real frustrating you could spend hours traversing land marks and not find what your looking for. And its a very boring way of doing it.

I loved the W3 despite that but open world games need some fresh idea's or start to make hybrid open world games. I can think of several ways to implement open worlds in a better way and not make it monotonous.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2017, 08:45 PM   #77
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
It's not the open world but the fact that most new modern open world games feel like playing theme park MMOs without other players. They're just that dull with their mandatory XP grind, loot locations and points of interest marked on your GPS map, achievements for every mundane action, checklist of tasks to do etc.

I liked the world in Witcher 3 but the loot question marks on the map were something I couldn't understand. Most of the loot locations were extremely lazily made, especially in Skellige where they had smugglers caches every 100 meters in water. It's like they had a quota of one question mark on the map per acre or something like that.

What's the point of an open world when there's no exploration? I don't think I have had that feeling of finding something awesome while exploring in modern open world games like I had in STALKER, Gothic II or Morrowind.

I didn't read your post until after I posted but we basically agree on this issue. I find it a very lazy way of implenting these idea's.. basically just tell the players where to go but don't tell them exactly what they are going for. Its lazy but i can understand they have to cut corners and get the game out on time.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 08:48 PM   #78
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
The only issue with the Witcher isn't that its open world.. its that there really isn't much sense of discovery.. The devs basically had to make a choice make a really big world with lots of stuff in it.. but they resorted to basically telling where the players to go. The only gamble was you didn't exactly know what you were going to get.. but that can get real frustrating you could spend hours traversing land marks and not find what your looking for. And its a very boring way of doing it.

I loved the W3 despite that but open world games need some fresh idea's or start to make hybrid open world games. I can think of several ways to implement open worlds in a better way and not make it monotonous.
I disagree. Some of the best and coolest things in witccher 3 were the hidden adventures and side quests that you only found through exploration. Even some of the hidden monster hunts were pretty cool!!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2017, 09:53 AM   #79
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

Quote:
I didn't read your post until after I posted but we basically agree on this issue. I find it a very lazy way of implenting these idea's.. basically just tell the players where to go but don't tell them exactly what they are going for. Its lazy but i can understand they have to cut corners and get the game out on time.
what is lazy about it?
that you want to be told where to go, and what to do?
or you want to be told nothing?
im confused.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:02 AM   #80
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

I don't know anything about game development, so I am figuratively talking out of my ass here and spitballing some ideas.

I'd be interested to know how open worlds affect game development.

If you have a "linear" game (linear isn't really the correct word, you can have multiple ways of doing something in a tightly designed area), then you need to design a location more carefully. The dungeon, level, or building, needs to be fun to play in. It needs things like choke points or open areas, places to hide, places to be ambushed, challenging jump sequences, or whatever the particular gameplay elements are. So, from a development standpoint, you really need to put a lot of thought and design time into the areas of your game. The player has to pass these particular areas to complete the game. If you do a bad job on level design, then you have a bad game.

In an open world, you don't really need that. The player can do whatever they want, whenever they want. A few areas might need more care (central hubs that the player returns to often, maybe). But with a sandbox style game, the player just travels from area to area accomplishing whatever quest they've been given. The gameplay is filled with a bunch of repetitive element (fetch quests, item collection for crafting, etc.), so the area that you're playing in isn't as important.

If anyone has played Thief: Deadly Shadows, they'll remember The Cradle level. It was very well designed, and it sticks with you long after you've played it. Take a game like Fallout 3. Do you really remember any particular vault you found? They're all pretty much the same.

Also, if most of your budget is spent on making fancy graphics, then open worlds do a lot better job of showing off those fancy graphics.

That's not to say that any type of game is better or worse. I agree with the OP, open world games are getting tiresome. But I'd be curious to know if one type of game is easier to design.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:25 AM   #81
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
I disagree. Some of the best and coolest things in witccher 3 were the hidden adventures and side quests that you only found through exploration. Even some of the hidden monster hunts were pretty cool!!
I loved the side quests in the Witcher 3, in fact I loved everything about the game except for the fetch stuff. After playing the game a 2nd time I just cheated and looked up where all the items were. Its boring just going landmark to landmark.. you know what to expect your most likely going to find a cave, or a monster that could range quite a bit in level. And then you loot most likely find a diagram or a potion recipe and go to the next one.

It wasn't the worst implementation but I would have prefered the Witcher 3 to make a more linear game like the Witcher 2 and really focused more on the awesome lore and story. Maybe made a hybrid open world and really made the story even better than it already was.

The W3 is in my top 5 greatest RPG games of all time. I liked the W2 even more.

Its just the whole land mark thing just was boring. For 1 playthrough it was fine I suppose but it really really got old after 2nd and 3rd play throughs.

The whole open world game formula needs some tweaking. The W3 was to big to just go out and explore and expect to find things so they basically had to mark the map for you but in doing so just made it boring, (The Fetch quests)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 02:30 AM   #82
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
what is lazy about it?
that you want to be told where to go, and what to do?
or you want to be told nothing?
im confused.
The world was to big to just go out and explore and expect to find a high end set of one of the major witcher armors. And so in my opinion they shouldn't have gone all out open world maybe narrowed it down a bit. Maybe focused on loot drops from enemies to make you stronger and made some open area's to explore and find potions and other pieces of gear.

No game is perfect and I give the W3 9.8/10 but the fetch stuff wasn't for me.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 03:17 AM   #83
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
I loved the side quests in the Witcher 3, in fact I loved everything about the game except for the fetch stuff. After playing the game a 2nd time I just cheated and looked up where all the items were. Its boring just going landmark to landmark.. you know what to expect your most likely going to find a cave, or a monster that could range quite a bit in level. And then you loot most likely find a diagram or a potion recipe and go to the next one.

It wasn't the worst implementation but I would have prefered the Witcher 3 to make a more linear game like the Witcher 2 and really focused more on the awesome lore and story. Maybe made a hybrid open world and really made the story even better than it already was.

The W3 is in my top 5 greatest RPG games of all time. I liked the W2 even more.

Its just the whole land mark thing just was boring. For 1 playthrough it was fine I suppose but it really really got old after 2nd and 3rd play throughs.

The whole open world game formula needs some tweaking. The W3 was to big to just go out and explore and expect to find things so they basically had to mark the map for you but in doing so just made it boring, (The Fetch quests)
I do agree the exploration was not balanced for multiple playthroughs. That first time though, loved it.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 02:28 AM   #84
KAC
That postcount though...

Since I made this thread, I made a point to stick to non-open world games whilst progressing slowly in max of 1 or 2 open worlds. My life has improved a lot and I feel I am making progress in eating through my backlog. Also, because of that I have played some relatively stronger storyline experiences.

Some examples of recently finished games include:
RE7
Shadow Complex
SOMA
Halo Wars

Even with their faults, these games offered some good atmosphere, mission variety and interesting storylines. Something open world games usually fail at.

Now my next poison maybe reinstalling Evil Within or progressing more in a linear fashion with Mad Max.

I will continue playing MEA to finish it. I am now searching for Meridian which I believe should be towards the end 30% of the game.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 02:19 PM   #85
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Open World needs to not become the sole focus anymore in order for it to feel right.
It was cool and new when GTA did it back in the day, but no more.

Sort of like Mafia. The world is open but it's not the focus.
Of course then some say why the hell does Mafia have one in the first place, to which the answer is so the game world feels rich, alive and connected.

IRL, you aren't pushed to explore each and every destination are you? It's just there.
That's how games need to function.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 07:30 PM   #86
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Who'da thunk that open world fatigue could be broken by playing non open world games. What will KAC discover next?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 07:52 PM   #87
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Open world was amazing when I was in high school/college and had bundles of free time. 1200 hours in Oblivion in the 6 months from release.

Now that life is life, I want to accomplish something in my short chunks of playing. Open world makes that difficult.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:40 PM   #88
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Who'da thunk that open world fatigue could be broken by playing non open world games. What will KAC discover next?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 04:24 AM   #89
KAC
That postcount though...

Need the next open world poison on PS4. MGS V any good? Will it be hard to play on PS4 since most stealth games require precise aiming and crap. I also have it on PC but I need some thing to tie me over on PS4 during the nights.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 08:46 AM   #90
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Need the next open world poison on PS4. MGS V any good? Will it be hard to play on PS4 since most stealth games require precise aiming and crap. I also have it on PC but I need some thing to tie me over on PS4 during the nights.
Have you ever played MGS games before? Like or dislike them? This one is quite different than all the rest.

The previous games were much more linear in progression and heavy on story and cutscenes. The Phantom Pain is quite the opposite, very open ended in progression and lite on story (the story is there, but it takes an optional backseat to the gameplay). Also, its not just a stealth game anymore. You can play it as a full on action game if you want, and the controls feel GREAT. Very easy to move around and shooting is very easy to be precise with. Great, great gameplay.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote