Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Warframe [F2P online Co-op game]

Just found this game and I think its fantastic in co-op with friends so I wanted to share . Never heard about this game before.

There is a market to buy stuff for real money but I couldnt see anything that was p2w

https://warframe.com/

You can get a beta key here: http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/...way-Event.html

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Its by the same devs

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:37 AM   #4
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Wow if it's like the origional dark sector i might be interested. The game that came out was nothing like the original and was a total turd that was a mix of bad parts of gow/re4.
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I gave it a shot and really tried to like it but it just felt like a really generic third-person shooter to me. I like the idea of a F2P co-op game because that's something you don't see very often, but I wish the gameplay was a little more interesting. Perhaps you have to grind and level up your character before it really starts to get good?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:41 PM   #6
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Found this game yesterday and it is a lot of fun. It is a bit generic and repetitive, but the gameplay is addictive and a lot of fun with friends.

Last edited by RicH(SAD) : Mar 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Thorney
Radeon R520

Thorney is still being judged by the masses

Warframe makes its Steam premiere in two hours:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/

Everyone who participated in closed beta weekends got to keep their beta keys. In decades, aside from Microsoft Game Studios, that's the nicest bribe I've ever received from a closed beta. I generally approve of the changes and implementations in the updates, especially 7.0. I think design decisions were made in the right direction. So I'm bullish on these devs and their future.

If and when the ME3 servers go down, quite a few ME3 players will make Warframe their new home. What they are looking for in a potential replacement game is that smooth fluid feel of cover to cover, target to target and Warframe has that fluidity in spades. So many new TPS titles do not even realize that should be a design priority.

Don't worry. It does get a lot harder.

Steam launch trailer:
Thorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:21 AM   #8
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

been playing this, put like 10 hours into it, it is repetitive repetitive, but it's pretty goode. I think with some melee tweaks, to make it a little more fluid and less clunky, it would be a fan favourite in no time. it's quite goode looking, and the physx are a great addition, though i wish it was just physics and not physx. Apart from some slight complaints about the combat, i think it's only real downside is the lack of variety in the environments, it's not Dragon Age 2, but it gets kind of close.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If anyone's interested, I will stream this pretty cool game for about an hour or so. No commentary or anything ego boosting as streams usually have.

http://www.twitch.tv/scartstormer
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 04:03 PM   #10
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'll give it a try soon, bit sad they can't just use my steam account. Must have hundreds of these free game accounts now.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 01:44 PM   #11
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

The devs are pretty good. They've been patching the game every 2 days or so and they seem to be listening to player feedback.

My suggestion for anyone new to the game: Choose Excalibur or Loki as your starter warframe. Volt's abilities are not very good.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Finished the first mission and I was beyond bored.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 02:11 PM   #13
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
Found this game yesterday and it is a lot of fun. It is a bit generic and repetitive, but the gameplay is addictive and a lot of fun with friends.

Dat PhysX
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is one of the missions from yesterday - http://www.twitch.tv/scartstormer/c/2114835
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:25 PM   #15
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

is this all pve? or is there also pvp?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:56 PM   #16
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

All pve.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 09:06 PM   #17
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Pretty good game for f2p! After a while it starts to get fun with mods and stuff.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 02:43 PM   #18
H001iGAN
Orzysz

horrible, all I get is a white screen that never loads when I click create account
Old Apr 6, 2013, 06:35 PM   #19
H001iGAN
Orzysz

t it to work
questions:
what dx11 features are being used in this game, wondering if using dx9 with 8xmsaa, and ssaatra is worth giving up dx 11 features for, ingame aa is only fxaa, looks horible, and obviously dx11 you can't force nothing.
All maxed out @ 1600p the game is so light on gpu i'm only using 2d clocks and 20% gpu usage. I can't really find any techinical info on the game at all.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 08:46 PM   #20
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

hmm, first baddie I see walks into a wall and loops there. 2nd mission glitches out when I take health pack. That's what you get in an open beta I guess.

First impressions are ok, looks fine. Enemies seem kinda generic, controls seem slick, sword is kinda nice. Will play some more later.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2013, 08:14 AM   #21
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
My suggestion for anyone new to the game: Choose Excalibur or Loki as your starter warframe. Volt's abilities are not very good.
You'd be wrong there. Volt's overload. Walk into a room, push a button, kill everything.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:21 AM   #22
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Been playing the heck out of this game, it's actually really fun! And well made, seems to run pretty darn good for an early game, they're upgrading the servers here in the next day or so.

Does anyone remember the game "Oni", this reminds me of that game.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 04:08 AM   #23
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Community did its part and Warframe is currently the Choice sale on Steam. 500 plat pack is 10 bucks, 1500 plat pack is 25.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:39 AM   #24
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Dat PhysX
Adds a bunch of annoying little particles that just make it harder to see anything.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 01:18 PM   #25
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

The game has improved by leaps and bounds since I last posted in this thread. New warframes, weapons, environments, enemy types and they have pretty much redesigned most of the UI in the last update.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:33 PM   #26
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

Yeah, what Rich said, it's continually improving, the Devs are dream devs I think. They listen to the community, heck, the last warframe was completely decided, named, and abilities created from the community. Nova (anti-matter frame, the latest one) is pretty cool, this is gonna be a really great game once it comes out of beta status.

Hopefully the support is still there like it is now, cause it will shift continually and grow.

Oh something Rich missed, they greatly increased how hard the monsters are, especially in higher level places, so it's much harder.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 09:23 AM   #27
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

it looks pretty awesome for a f2p, will download it and see how it is.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:53 AM   #28
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

Have people tried this game lately, cause it's really starting to blossom, there's a lot more things to do, weekend events and other cool things.

I'd recommend it!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 02:22 AM   #29
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I was thinking about getting back into it. I really id enjoy it.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:37 AM   #30
badboy
Merc with a mouth

I came back some weeks ago

This is how almost every day looks like for me now:
Wake up
Work
come home
grind in warframe
sleep

- True Blood