Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Where are open crime world games going?

Since picking backup Saints Row 2 and playing that several nights, bugs aside, I'm astounded at how much better I prefer its gameplay over GTA4.

There are certainly lots of activities and things to do in SR2 but what's next?

What's the next leap or game addition going to be to make these games impressively fun?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:32 PM   #2
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Hopefully GTA goes back towards San Andreas gameplay. I spent so many hours just driving a Taxi in San Andreas, but it was too annoying to do the same with IV.

SR2 had some great things too, really liked the Auto customization and what not. Not sure where the Genre is going, but would like it to continue offering an increase in optional side tasks.

You'd think GTA, for eg, being grand theft auto would actually involve more theft of vehicles. Your very own Chop Shop would be kinda cool IMO. Grab cars, Sell the parts/Cars.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:39 PM   #3
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

adding in some more fleshed out RPG elements would be nice too.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:31 PM   #4
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Every floor of every building and house should be explorable.
Jump out windows of said buildings and houses
Buildings and houses should have npc's inside; I want to paint a busy office red and ruin a family bbq.
More realistic police behavior. ie not get a star for running over bunch of bums in an alley at 3 in the morning. people panic if you have a gun drawn in daylight, cops get involved.
Replace the girlfriend **** with becoming a pimp or something. Recruit bitches. Make rounds and if a bitch don't pay up... well **** there could be a side mission to that as well. Finding some broke ass that didn't pay and brusied my product!
A great amount of side missions.
character customization;
FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES (decions affect the the story line)
Bigger map (like SA but BIGGER! Country side with farm animals is a must)
Hell, include a Zoo.
No magic (m4 and rpg taken out of one's pockets) Cars have trunks, use them?
Not have a locked npc during train travel, how about roam the carts and mug people at gun point?
Same for taxis, why not point a gun to the cabi's head? "Now drive slowly and don't look back" Breaking into expensive cars and hiding in the back, waiting for the owner (Here randomly side missions could be generated with the car owner spilling their guts to you out of fear of being killed.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Woodstock
Radeon R700

Woodstock can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyWoodstock can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Make rounds and if a bitch don't pay up...
The Wayne Brady mini-game.

Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:15 AM   #6
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandorski View Post
You'd think GTA, for eg, being grand theft auto would actually involve more theft of vehicles. Your very own Chop Shop would be kinda cool IMO. Grab cars, Sell the parts/Cars.
like in gone in 60 seconds or earlier fast n furious movies? good idea... but then people will complain it become too nfs underground

let's just hope this genre doesn't become MMO
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:23 AM   #7
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
like in gone in 60 seconds or earlier fast n furious movies? good idea... but then people will complain it become too nfs underground

Don't worry. The attempts made died faster than... I don't know, pick an unsuccessful actor. Hell, they were terrible, and they died quickly and quietly.

Don't worry about it.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:35 AM   #8
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post

I'm thinking APB will put most MMO ideas to rest.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:54 PM   #9
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Every floor of every building and house should be explorable.
Jump out windows of said buildings and houses
Buildings and houses should have npc's inside; I want to paint a busy office red and ruin a family bbq.
More realistic police behavior. ie not get a star for running over bunch of bums in an alley at 3 in the morning. people panic if you have a gun drawn in daylight, cops get involved.
Replace the girlfriend **** with becoming a pimp or something. Recruit bitches. Make rounds and if a bitch don't pay up... well **** there could be a side mission to that as well. Finding some broke ass that didn't pay and brusied my product!
A great amount of side missions.
character customization;
FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES (decions affect the the story line)
Bigger map (like SA but BIGGER! Country side with farm animals is a must)
Hell, include a Zoo.
No magic (m4 and rpg taken out of one's pockets) Cars have trunks, use them?
Not have a locked npc during train travel, how about roam the carts and mug people at gun point?
Same for taxis, why not point a gun to the cabi's head? "Now drive slowly and don't look back" Breaking into expensive cars and hiding in the back, waiting for the owner (Here randomly side missions could be generated with the car owner spilling their guts to you out of fear of being killed.
I would love to see the PC processing all of of that.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:42 AM   #10
sandorski
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post
I would love to see the PC processing all of of that.
Actually, that wouldn't be too difficult. It would be more difficult for the Artists/Designers than anything. You'd more likely just end up with generic Interiors with slight colour changes/Item placement.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:50 AM   #11
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destruction. That's the next step that needs to happen. Then the addition of construction crews to repair the city too.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:12 PM   #12
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

I suppose Just Cause 2 could be added to this mix. But all JC2 added was a grapple.