Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 2, 2011, 06:02 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA View Post
Is it just a certified version of the beta's that just came out?
No
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:21 AM   #122
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:11 PM   #123
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:

Duke Nukem Forever Demo
Mars benchmark
Rise of the Immortals
Rusty Hearts

Updated the following 3D Vision game profiles

Alice Madness Returns – updated in-game convergence and rating is now Good

lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:15 PM   #124
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Hope these fix the issue I'm having with Alice.

Update - Seems to have killed my bug

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jun 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:19 PM   #125
CyberScott
Radeon R300

CyberScott is still being judged by the masses

The new 275.50 beta drivers now render all of the Alice: Madness Returns PhysX goodies in 3D when playing in 3D when PhysX is set to high. Now, if EA would come out with a patch to fix the multiple random crashes when playing the game and fix the frequent lock ups when loading the saved game.
CyberScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 02:11 AM   #126
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I noticed the beta drivers 280.04 have released for linux. I realize they usually release for windows first, but was wondering if we might be seeing them soon? They are suppose to have a fix for the dx11 issues in Dragon's Age 2.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 02:49 PM   #127
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

I hope they fix the black boxes issue in the frostbite2 titles.
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:49 AM   #128
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:21 AM   #129
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:51 AM   #130
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

280.26 WHQL on nvidia.com

Win 7/Vista X64: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:57 AM   #131
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

the way they changed how quick the 2d 3d clock ramp up so fast is stupid, older drivers I could surf the web on mostly 51 mhz with a ramp up to 405 mhz here and there, the 280 drivers only go to 51 hz when you sit idle for a minute, and as soon as you move your mouse or type a letter it goes to 405 mhz, scroll down and its full 3d clocks, go forward or bakward a page ind it's automatic 3d clocks, so most of the time your GPU's are running 3D clocks while surfing the web.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:38 AM   #132
Biccy
Radeon R100

Biccy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
the way they changed how quick the 2d 3d clock ramp up so fast is stupid, older drivers I could surf the web on mostly 51 mhz with a ramp up to 405 mhz here and there, the 280 drivers only go to 51 hz when you sit idle for a minute, and as soon as you move your mouse or type a letter it goes to 405 mhz, scroll down and its full 3d clocks, go forward or bakward a page ind it's automatic 3d clocks, so most of the time your GPU's are running 3D clocks while surfing the web.
This should only be happening if you have "Use GPU rendering instead of Software rendering" set under the advanced tab in options (Firefox and Explorer).
Other reasons could be any mouse smoothing addons that you're using or the more obvious web video running in the background.
Biccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:13 PM   #133
H001iGAN
Orzysz

it happens with any application that uses hardware acceleration like browsing thru steam etc. it worked fine in previous drivers versions, and Nvidia made a change to how it it behaves in the 280 driver, obviously I want to use GPU acceleration but not @ full 3D clocks when there is no need, what it does now is make the low power, 2d, ,and 3d modes useless, wasting power and creating unnecessary heat, I'm not gaming here just browsing the internet.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:50 PM   #134
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

Apparently this is the way it was intended to work and it was just recently "fixed" for the latest driver.

Since many people are complaining about the extra heat from the clocks switching up a lot faster and more often, they're suppose to tweak it to be more relaxed for the next driver.
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:57 PM   #135
Biccy
Radeon R100

Biccy is still being judged by the masses

I honestly don't think its the drivers, I have MSI's Afterburner hardware monitor on my desktop for this very reason. I even went to the trouble of downgrading my version of Windows Live Mail because the lastest design started using the GPU.

Bar watching videos, playing games or literally grabbing the scrollbar on the side of firefox and scrolling quickly down a page, nothing causes my GPU clock speed to exceed 51MHz. Definately not just from moving the mouse.

GPU usage on Steam:
Opening it up from tasktray = 39% for half a second.
Scrolling up and down using mousewheel = 15% max
Grabbing scrollbar = 25% max
Idling on store = 1% going to 18% when it cycles latest offer

Core clock during all this = 51MHz

I dunno...maybe its my Windows performance settings or something, I don't really have anything other than Aero Peek, desktop composition, shadows and a couple of others selected.
Biccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:37 PM   #136
H001iGAN
Orzysz

maybe bacause I'm using 1600P resolution, but I liked it way better when I could browse the web @ 51mhz vs 900 mhz now
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:55 AM   #137
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

285.62 Official WHQL

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38916

Quote:
New in Version 285.62

This is the recommended driver for Battlefield 3. It contains several performance and compatibility enhancements for the final release of the game. Check here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.
This is also the recommended and enhanced driver for Batman: Arkham City and RAGE. Check here to see if your PC is ready for Batman: Arkham City
Contains a fix for the driver timeouts reported with the R285 beta drivers.
New in R285 Drivers

Performance

Increases performance for GeForce 400 and 500-series GPUs in several PC games vs. v280.26 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 580:
Up to 6% in Battlefield 3
Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Up to 7% in Civilization V with SLI
Up to 5% in Crysis 2 DX11 with SLI
Up to 7% in F1 2010 with SLI
Up to 5% in Lost Planet 2 with SLI
Up to 5% in Mafia 2 with SLI
Up to 13% in Metro 2033 with SLI
Up to 8% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat with SLI
Up to 5% in StarCraft 2
GeForce GTX 560:
Up to 4% in Bulletstorm
Up to 5% in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with SLI
Up to 11% in Battlefield 3
Up to 6% in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Up to 5% in Crysis 2 DX11 with SLI
Up to 7% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
Up to 7% in F1 2010 with SLI
Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
Up to 5% in Lost Planet 2 with SLI
Up to 4% in Mafia 2 with SLI
Up to 7% in Metro 2033 with SLI
Up to 11% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat with SLI
Up to 7% in StarCraft 2
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:51 PM   #138
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Is anyone else's card not downclocking with the latest WHQL?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:55 AM   #139
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber
Default 285.79 Beta

Download
New in Version 285.79
  • Includes several bug fixes and performance improvements for Battlefield 3.
  • Fixes cases of irregular performance (stuttering) primarily seen on DirectX 10 GPUs. The fix improves the performance of both DX10 and DX11 GPUs.
  • Fixes shadow map corruption seen with DirectX 10 GPUs.
  • Fixes cases of black corruption lines/triangles with DirectX 10 GPUs.
  • Fixes black screen during playback using Windows Media Center.

Added or updated SLI profiles for the following games:
  • Aion v3.0
  • Anno 2070
  • Assassins Creed: Revelations
  • Bastion
  • Need for Speed: The Run
  • Payday: The Heist
  • The Adventures of Tintin
  • The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
  • Airline Tycoon 2 – rated Fair
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations – rated Good
  • Batman: Arkham City – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution – rated Excellent
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent
  • FIFA 12 – rated Good
  • Hard Reset – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
  • inMomentum – rated Fair
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Smash Cars – rated Fair
  • Two Worlds 2: Castle Defense – rated Good
  • Zombie Driver – rated Excellent

Other Details
  • Includes HD Audio driver 1.2.24.0.
  • Includes PhysX System Software 9.11.11.07

Edit: Changed links to nvidia.com download sites

Last edited by Dave : Nov 10, 2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:37 AM   #140
H001iGAN
Orzysz

hell yea skyrim SLI, go nvidia.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:36 AM   #141
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:48 AM   #142
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

can i manually pull the skyrim profile from the latest drivers and put it in a previous driver install?

Quote:
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:20 AM   #143
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
can i manually pull the skyrim profile from the latest drivers and put it in a previous driver install?
Might not be a bad idea if possible. For a single card the game is running much better for me with an older driver.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:15 AM   #144
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

New drivers! 290.36. It's suggested to do a clean install when installing the drivers to get the Ambient Occlusion option for skyrim and mw3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuelG
Today we posted a BETA NVIDIA display driver from our R290 driver branch, version R290.36. This is the first public driver release from our R290 family for Microsoft Windows OS. Although BETA, this driver will be re-released as WHQL certified drivers soon.

New in R290

NVIDIA Ambient Occlusion
• Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.
• Adds NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. See the comparison screenshots on GeForce.com.

NVIDIA PhysX
• Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.11.1107 for the best PhysX experience in Batman: Arkham City.

NVIDIA Surround
• Enables NVIDIA Surround support for Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.

NVIDIA SLI
• Added or updated SLI profiles for Crysis 2, Heroes and Generals, Inversion, Stronghold 3, and Syndicate.

3D Vision
• Adds support for 3D Vision over native DisplayPort 1.1 connection - available on BenQ XL2420T and BenQ XL2420TX monitors.
• Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
o Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – rated Good
o Cang Sheng (苍生) – rated Good
o Diablo 3 – rated Good
o Fei fei (飞飞) – rated Good
o Final Combat (大冲锋) – rated Good
o L.A. Noire – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
o LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 – rated Fair
o Qian Nv You Hun Online (倩女幽魂Online) – rated Good
o QQ Xi You (QQ西游) – rated Good
o Sonic Generations – rated Good
o Xian Tu (仙途) – rated Good
o Yong Bing Tian Xia Online (拥兵天下 Online) – rated Good

HD Audio
• Updates HD Audio driver to version 1.3.9.0.

Some Key Bug Fixes
• Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.
• Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.
• Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 (requires setting custom resolution).
• Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.
• Improved performance in Elders Scroll: Skyrim
• Fixes white dots appear in the edges of objects in NFS-ProStreet game with AA enabled
• Fixes blood is green color when AA is set to 4X or 8X from in-game video settings
• Fixes blank screen on certain Apple Macintosh computers running Windows
• Fixes negative SLI scaling in Anno 1404 with two-way, three-way or four-way SLI

More info available from:
http://www.geforce.com/News/articles...ivers-released

NVIDIA Control Panel Users Guide:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...tart-Guide.pdf

Release Notes:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-Notes.pdf

Driver Feedback: If providing feedback on these drivers, please pay attention to the info we require at the bottom of this post. If you do not include this information, it may push the priority of your issue down or may make it impossible for us to reproduce your issue.

Please Note: Beginning with NVIDIA's R285 display driver branch, older laptops with NVIDIA's Hybrid SLI technology are no longer supported by the NVIDIA Verde display driver program. If you have an older laptop that uses NVIDIA's Hybrid SLI technology, please visit our software archive downloads page to download NVIDIA display driver 280.26 or older version:

NVIDIA Software Archive Downloads Page:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

-A bug which has caused some users to experience TDRs in Firefox/IE9 while browsing the internet is still under investigation. We have discovered that completely removing prior NVIDIA display drivers from your system has helped some users reduce or resolve the TDR issues. Although we do not have a root cause yet, we encourage users to remove all prior drivers when upgrading to the latest divers if you have experienced TDRs with a recent driver release while using IE9 or Firefox.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=215256

You may download the appropriate driver for your NVIDIA GPU by choosing the type and operating system from the links below.

For Desktop/ION GPUs

Windows 7/Windows Vista 32-bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40028

Windows 7/Windows Vista 64-bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40030

Windows XP:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2...ta-driver.html

Windows XP 64-bit:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64...ta-driver.html

Geforce Notebook/Optimus GPUs

Windows 7/Windows Vista 32-bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/400321

Windows 7/Windows Vista 64-bit:
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40033

Last edited by Dave : Nov 28, 2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:21 AM   #145
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Some new titles added for Ambient occlusion, which is neat.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:22 AM   #146
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i thought they said frame limiter is coming with the next drivers?

Edit: whenever i see your christmas avatar Dave, I mistake you for Sittal

Last edited by GanjaStar : Nov 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:10 AM   #147
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
i thought they said frame limiter is coming with the next drivers?

Edit: whenever i see your christmas avatar Dave, I mistake you for Sittal
yeah i knew someone here had it last year. ninja'd lol
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:15 AM   #148
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Doesn't mw3 already have ambient occlusion?

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:21 AM   #149
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

profiles are messed up with these drivers. If they dont recognize that you have some game installed, and you add the exe manually to see it in games installed tab, the drivers go haywire lol.

For example, with older drivers, when i would add dirt3.exe, the drivers would immediately recognize its dirt 3 and put it in "programs found on this computer" section.

With this set, instead of relocating the dirt 3 profile from all games list to "found on computer" it creates a duplicate profile titled with the path name of the exe.

So dirt 3 became C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\dirt 3

So i had to reistall and use nv inspector only, since the control panel is broken.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:52 AM   #150
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sounds about typical with Nvidia betas. I guess that I'll stick with 280.26.