Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 7, 2019, 09:18 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Gears 5 Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/g...ance-analysis/

Based on the cross-platform Unreal Engine 4, Gears 5 takes advantage of DirectX 12 and rewards fast PC hardware with plenty of eye candy in vast post-apocalyptic landscapes. The game also runs on Windows 7 thanks to a DirectX-12-translation layer. Game developers "The Coalition" have made excellent use of the Unreal Engine feature-set. Gears 5 uses Asynchronous Compute, multi-threaded Command Buffers, and will be updated with support for AMD FidelityFX in the near future. The game is included in Microsoft's Game Pass Bundle, which means AMD gamers who get a free three-month game pass coupon can play it now.

In this review, we put Gears 5 through our selection of 23 graphics cards across the 1080p, 1440p, and 4K Ultra HD resolutions to show you what it takes to pull the most out of Xbox Studios' crown jewel.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:47 AM   #2
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/g...ance-analysis/

Based on the cross-platform Unreal Engine 4, Gears 5 takes advantage of DirectX 12 and rewards fast PC hardware with plenty of eye candy in vast post-apocalyptic landscapes. The game also runs on Windows 7 thanks to a DirectX-12-translation layer. Game developers "The Coalition" have made excellent use of the Unreal Engine feature-set. Gears 5 uses Asynchronous Compute, multi-threaded Command Buffers, and will be updated with support for AMD FidelityFX in the near future. The game is included in Microsoft's Game Pass Bundle, which means AMD gamers who get a free three-month game pass coupon can play it now.

In this review, we put Gears 5 through our selection of 23 graphics cards across the 1080p, 1440p, and 4K Ultra HD resolutions to show you what it takes to pull the most out of Xbox Studios' crown jewel.
I got 63.2 in the benchmark and in game, its more like 70-98 @ 4k Ultra. (98 because that is what I have my refresh capped at for HDR 4:4:4.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2019, 05:35 AM   #3
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

4k HDR looks damn sweet in this title. Best implementation of HDR I've seen and graphics are top notch. Also, to my surprise, game is pretty good too.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 8, 2019, 06:13 AM   #4
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:08 AM   #5
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
4k HDR looks damn sweet in this title. Best implementation of HDR I've seen and graphics are top notch. Also, to my surprise, game is pretty good too.
It does look really good but Metro stands far above it. The first part of AC: O Atlantis expansion is right up there with it too.

There are plenty of amazing looking HDR PC games now and using a Monitor is working without the issues I had with a TV and Windows. Those of you not playing in HDR are missing out soooooooo much more than you realize.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:14 AM   #6
demo
space cadet

Worthy contenders but this gets my pick
Old Sep 8, 2019, 07:52 AM   #7
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Gears 5 looks and performs great with all the options to make it happen even if you don’t have a 2080 Ti
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 01:29 AM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

HDR is best experienced on console at 65 inches.

Jim which HDR monitor are you boning? Does it have the 144/165 MHZ?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 05:43 AM   #9
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
HDR is best experienced on console at 65 inches.

Jim which HDR monitor are you boning? Does it have the 144/165 MHZ?
I am using the Predator X27. It does have 144hz and G-Sync but only supports HDR up to 120hz @4k.

This thing absolutely destroys my OLED for HDR and even just general picture quality for games.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 06:11 AM   #10
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Link to monitor please.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 01:30 PM   #11
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Link to monitor please.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/conten...es/predatorx27
Old Sep 9, 2019, 02:25 PM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Wow, pricey.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 06:30 PM   #13
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ouch, that is like the price of the 2080 Ti but more!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 07:38 PM   #14
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Wow, pricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Ouch, that is like the price of the 2080 Ti but more!
I bought it at best buy so that I would have 45 days to decide if it was worth the price. It took about 2 hours.

It makes having the ti that much more worth it too.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:10 AM   #15
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I am using the Predator X27. It does have 144hz and G-Sync but only supports HDR up to 120hz @4k.

This thing absolutely destroys my OLED for HDR and even just general picture quality for games.

Not saying it doesn't but I don't understand how. It's HDR600, where as decent TV's are in the region on 1500 or more. Perhaps I'm missing something (which I surely am, educate me).
Old Sep 10, 2019, 09:55 AM   #16
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Not saying it doesn't but I don't understand how. It's HDR600, where as decent TV's are in the region on 1500 or more. Perhaps I'm missing something (which I surely am, educate me).
Its HDR1000 and an OLED struggles to approach 700. This with black levels I think I've seen reviews putting them at measuring in the .0001 range. It also has some extra color accuracy certifications and reviews claim that it measures on par with $1500+ professional monitors.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 05:57 PM   #17
demo
space cadet

Oh of course I forgot OLED isn't that good for HDR/brightness levels. My Sammy QLED goes to around 1600 and looks great.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 08:18 PM   #18
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Oh of course I forgot OLED isn't that good for HDR/brightness levels. My Sammy QLED goes to around 1600 and looks great.
This monitor is also QLED and I think it measures around 1400 but advertised as 1000. OLED still has better contrast because of the blacks.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 09:08 PM   #19
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have a QLED in my bedroom and it way brighter HDR than my OLED, but I think HDR looks better on the OLED because of the contrast range.

Regardless, HDR looks nice when the devs implement it well.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 01:44 AM   #20
demo
space cadet

Fair enough. Yeh it does look great when implemented well.