Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default vid card problems

my gtx980 just crapped out last night, would like a cost effective replacement to hold me over until my next upgrade probably within 6-8months, what do you all recommend?
Vanz_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:32 PM   #2
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wrong forum?

2070 Super IMHO.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:33 PM   #3
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

probably depends how much you want to spend if its only 6-8 months. i buy my cards for 2+years, sometimes a lot longer, so it's hard to imagine dropping money just for 6-8 months. maybe just save up now and buy a new longer term card in a couple months or so.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:58 PM   #4
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would just eBay someones old mining card they no longer need/want to hold you over. They are cheap and will not last long having been burned up mining.

That or buy a cheap used 1070 and keep it for a couple years. I see some around 200 to 220 plus shipping buy it now.

I might sell mine if you are interested and I only used it to game at 1080p with no OC so you know it was never really pushed.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 02:41 PM   #5
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
my gtx980 just crapped out last night, would like a cost effective replacement to hold me over until my next upgrade probably within 6-8months, what do you all recommend?
What is your budget? Without knowing this it's hard to make recommendations.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 03:39 PM   #6
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
What is your budget? Without knowing this it's hard to make recommendations.
$250
Old Aug 21, 2019, 04:01 PM   #7
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
$250
Is your card out of warranty? Just get a used 980 Ti on Ebay.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 04:58 PM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
waaay out of warranty, is that still a decent card vs cost, I haven't looked at hardware in years...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 05:05 PM   #9
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

250 will get you a good card man
Old Aug 21, 2019, 06:43 PM   #10
PacAce
Radeon R700

PacAce can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPacAce can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What kind of card do you want? You must not like AMD because you can get a RX 580 under 200 easily. I saw a Vega 56 by MSI for 310 with a 60 dollar rebate plus a 20 or 30 dollar mail in rebate... but that deal is gone now however they had before and so it may come back (Newegg). What kind of card do you want?
X-Fi Extreme Music
Thermaltake Level 10 GTS case
Corsair GX650 psu
MSI HD7870
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 06:59 PM   #11
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

moved to video card forum
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:22 PM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
waaay out of warranty, is that still a decent card vs cost, I haven't looked at hardware in years...
$250 is right about what you would pay for a used 980 Ti right now which would be slightly better than your 980.

You said you just needed something to hold you over for a while.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:36 PM   #13
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacAce View Post
What kind of card do you want? You must not like AMD because you can get a RX 580 under 200 easily. I saw a Vega 56 by MSI for 310 with a 60 dollar rebate plus a 20 or 30 dollar mail in rebate... but that deal is gone now however they had before and so it may come back (Newegg). What kind of card do you want?
what, I never said I didn't like AMD...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 06:50 PM   #14
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacAce View Post
What kind of card do you want? You must not like AMD because you can get a RX 580 under 200 easily. I saw a Vega 56 by MSI for 310 with a 60 dollar rebate plus a 20 or 30 dollar mail in rebate.
okay, thanks I'll look into the 980 Ti and RX 580, but I'm not doing rebates, I hate rebates and think they are a scam...