Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 30, 2019, 04:42 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Do you sit at a desk all day? I can sorta eat like a bird if i do nothing all day but a work day im like a starving refugee if i miss a meal.
Yup, I do alot of sitting at my desk. I walk in the morning, evening, and often after lunch, but I'm pretty sedentary through much of the workday.

btw, I hit my 30 pound goal on Saturday... so that's 30 pounds lost in 62 days! Not too shabby, I'd say.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 05:07 PM   #62
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I've gotten down to 2 meals per day, prolly 5 days per week. I start my eating window at noon, and typically close it down before 8pm. It's been remarkably easy, in conjunction with a low-carb diet, as I don't feel hungry very often anyway. At some point I may experiment with omad or maybe try a 3 day fast.
Yeah I'm pretty much down to 2 meals as well. A cup of coffee is the only thing I have when waking up and that's just to get rid of the thirst. I still have a cookie or granola bar around 3-4pm as a pick me up but it's just a small lunch and normal sized dinner and that's it.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2019, 05:41 PM   #63
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

About a year ago I was doing OMAD for about four months. Went from 225 to 200. Once I hit 200 though I hit a wall and couldn't lose anymore. Started working out again and switched to Keto this summer and am down to 195. Was at waist size 36 a year ago and now 34s are getting pretty loose.

Good job with the loss so far
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2019, 06:12 PM   #64
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post
About a year ago I was doing OMAD for about four months. Went from 225 to 200. Once I hit 200 though I hit a wall and couldn't lose anymore. Started working out again and switched to Keto this summer and am down to 195. Was at waist size 36 a year ago and now 34s are getting pretty loose.

Good job with the loss so far
Nice!

I was happy once waist size went down to 34.. but now my 34 pants are loose.

Can't stop now. I feel good on Keto.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2019, 05:38 PM   #65
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So what is up with this?
I am finely starting to lose some weight. slowly but it is coming off with the fact I am losing inches off the gut.
But the doc ran a new LIPID profile and it is back to being just a bit on the bad side and the LDL went from good to high.

What the heck?

No change in food and no change in activity.

Only change is 2 years older and 6 inches off the gut and I forget how much lighter but it is a good number. I bought this new smaller belt at the beginning of summer and I am already on the last loop hole. That is from 42 to 38 from spring to fall with out exercise. (I know that is bad but they have not fixed my heart or knees so 1st things 1st)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 06:34 PM   #66
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
So what is up with this?
I am finely starting to lose some weight. slowly but it is coming off with the fact I am losing inches off the gut.
But the doc ran a new LIPID profile and it is back to being just a bit on the bad side and the LDL went from good to high.

What the heck?

No change in food and no change in activity.

Only change is 2 years older and 6 inches off the gut and I forget how much lighter but it is a good number. I bought this new smaller belt at the beginning of summer and I am already on the last loop hole. That is from 42 to 38 from spring to fall with out exercise. (I know that is bad but they have not fixed my heart or knees so 1st things 1st)
Sounds like your liver. I had a bad liver too. Well, technically it is a recovering liver, it isn't "good" until year-3 of recovery.

I used amino acids (glycine, inositol, choline) and milk thistle to help with the liver, not to mention astragalus.

I took amino acid supplements because I also had IBS. With a bad liver, your body will continue to lack nutrients because your liver is impaired. You need readily-absorbed amino acids to get you back up to speed so to speak. The body needs building blocks to repair damage and to get you off inflammation-mode.

This is why it is so hard to lose weight. By the time someone is really fat, or has spent a lifetime being fat, their livers are impaired and that has affected the gut (microbiome and intestines), which affects the ability for the body to digest nutrients, absorb nutrients, and with the microbiome out of whack, most foods trigger inflammation of the intestinal tract, which causes the pores of the intestine to enlarge, allowing larger undigested food particles to pass through to the bloodstream, which triggers the immune system to produce white blood cells to gather the trash, and stresses the liver to "purify" the undigested bits of food in the blood, which shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Starving yourself with "calorie restriction" results in people not getting a proper nutrition as their bodies lose weight. You end up losing weight like a concentration camp survivor instead of giving the body what it needs to repair and recover. You will get a lot of flabby skin without a proper diet.

Don't take my word for it though. I'm a mad scientist, not a proper internet doctor.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2019, 07:33 AM   #67
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
That's because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Early in the year I had a serious lung infection and my doc put me on oral steroids that dramatically increased my appetite. It went way beyond "gee my stomach is growling", and went into the "I'm starving and I have to eat everything I see" territory. Free will goes out the window when your body tells you that you have to eat.

One of the benefits of the low-carb diet I've been practicing is that it dramatically reduces that appetite. Is it that I've been magically gifted greater free will? Or is it that appetite is actually regulated by hormones like insulin, and eating the right diet to get that under control allows me to better control my eating? Your explanation would definitely lead to the dumber of the two possible answers.

btw, I gained 25 pounds during the time I was taking the steroids. I've now lost all of that weight and more, and I plan to continue permanently. My success is due to strategy, not will power.
bruh .... "low kcal" is the result of "low carbs" . You're losing weight because you're eating less kcal. ?

I had a fat % of pretty high, guessing about 20% .
6 months later :

My diet :
- Protein shake + a SMALL ****ING PORTION of oatmeal with milk
- 6 (European sized!) slices of bread with meat or cheese during the day
- evenings : Depending on calorie intake that day (had a snack or no snack?) : Either pizza (European grocery pizza 800 kcal, not american loser pizza!) or rice with vegetables.

Some vitamine pills and shitloads of water. Easy as ****.

That's all i'm saying man . Count your calories , ez pz .
Yes, you're better off getting your carbs out of fats and protein instead of sugar, but in the end it's just a matter of eating less .

You're all overthinking this, making up **** about your livers and kidneys or your ****ing 'thyroids' as a piss poor excuse to be spineless weaklings.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Oct 4, 2019 at 07:46 AM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:40 AM   #68
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
Sounds like your liver. I had a bad liver too. Well, technically it is a recovering liver, it isn't "good" until year-3 of recovery.

I used amino acids (glycine, inositol, choline) and milk thistle to help with the liver, not to mention astragalus.

I took amino acid supplements because I also had IBS. With a bad liver, your body will continue to lack nutrients because your liver is impaired. You need readily-absorbed amino acids to get you back up to speed so to speak. The body needs building blocks to repair damage and to get you off inflammation-mode.

This is why it is so hard to lose weight. By the time someone is really fat, or has spent a lifetime being fat, their livers are impaired and that has affected the gut (microbiome and intestines), which affects the ability for the body to digest nutrients, absorb nutrients, and with the microbiome out of whack, most foods trigger inflammation of the intestinal tract, which causes the pores of the intestine to enlarge, allowing larger undigested food particles to pass through to the bloodstream, which triggers the immune system to produce white blood cells to gather the trash, and stresses the liver to "purify" the undigested bits of food in the blood, which shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Starving yourself with "calorie restriction" results in people not getting a proper nutrition as their bodies lose weight. You end up losing weight like a concentration camp survivor instead of giving the body what it needs to repair and recover. You will get a lot of flabby skin without a proper diet.

Don't take my word for it though. I'm a mad scientist, not a proper internet doctor.
I had liver issues 20 years back, to much Tylenol for the migraines they said, my uncle put me on some Chinese roots and it after 6 months it went from less than 10 % function back to 100%. The primary care doc was so amazed he assumed the 1st 2 blood tested must have been messed up and the last one back at 100 was the only correct one.

I have restarted the L-Arginine for heart health. I need to give that 3 to 6 months before the next blood test to avoid a staton type drug. I hate the side effects on those

When the Doc sends me in for that blood test I am going to ask for the liver one as well as I do still take a lot of meds for the migraines. A lot less Tylanol however. But you never know. I also drink very little due to the previous liver issue.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 02:17 PM   #69
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
bruh .... "low kcal" is the result of "low carbs" . You're losing weight because you're eating less kcal. ?

I had a fat % of pretty high, guessing about 20% .
6 months later :

My diet :
- Protein shake + a SMALL ****ING PORTION of oatmeal with milk
- 6 (European sized!) slices of bread with meat or cheese during the day
- evenings : Depending on calorie intake that day (had a snack or no snack?) : Either pizza (European grocery pizza 800 kcal, not american loser pizza!) or rice with vegetables.

Some vitamine pills and shitloads of water. Easy as ****.

That's all i'm saying man . Count your calories , ez pz .
Yes, you're better off getting your carbs out of fats and protein instead of sugar, but in the end it's just a matter of eating less .
As I said before, I understand that this worked for you. The sample size for your study is 1. As I mentioned before, I challenge you to show any study (with more than 1 participant) that has shown long-term weight loss for overweight people from purely calorie-restriction diets. The research I'm seeing strongly suggests that such diets frequently ruin people's metabolism, making it increasingly difficult to lose weight long term.

Quote:
You're all overthinking this, making up **** about your livers and kidneys or your ****ing 'thyroids' as a piss poor excuse to be spineless weaklings.
Nice.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Oct 6, 2019, 04:35 AM   #70
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Man, sometimes when i'm reading back my posts a few days later, i make myself cringe .

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Oct 6, 2019, 09:38 AM   #71
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Man, sometimes when i'm reading back my posts a few days later, i make myself cringe .

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RRaRzVZ.jpg[img]
Welcome to our world.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 01:02 PM   #72
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I think we all could have done without the Grindr profile pic as well.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 05:06 PM   #73
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I think we all could have done without the Grindr profile pic as well.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:41 PM   #74
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old Nov 19, 2019, 08:36 PM   #75
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Well I'm 114 days in, and I've now lost 39 pounds. My clothes are alot looser, and I'm seeing a big difference in my face & neck (although it's a little tough to see with the beard). Current weight is 267. I'm still pretty fat, but I'm no longer feeling like a gigantic fat guy.

My goal is to hit 260 before New Years. I figure it'll take me more than a year to lose the rest. That's okay though, as I'm reaping the benefits of every pound lost, as I go along.

I've also started jogging every other day. My distance & recovery time has improved dramatically since my heaviest weigh-in. I'm now jogging ~ 2 miles, with a bit of walking mixed in. I used to be more of a distance jogger when I was younger (and thinner), often jogging ~ 8 miles at a time... I've got a long way to go before I can do that again.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:13 PM   #76
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Congrats! Keep up the good work!
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:33 PM   #77
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Are those Mario pictures on the wall your inspiration? That guy can run and jump for days.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #78
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Dude add some color to your wardrobe.