Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:50 PM   #6661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
What kinda gets at me. Is the guy who will take his time in the jet to try and mow down a single guy out in the open.
This is actually probably the easiest kills you can get in jets. Just hit "q" to spot, and aim below the triangles. the gun is powerful enough so that you dont need to hold the firing cursor over the target for too long. a lot of times i get the crosshair below the target, and make sure the "firing stream" passes through the triangle as i pull up, and i get the kill most of the time. killing infantry in the open is especially easy on that map with the carrier and 4 ocean-side bases and a couple more further in; when people run along the ocean side bases, they are completely exposed...

i dont make ^ my sole mission as pilot (i try to focus on anti-vehicle gameplay), but if i am swooping down and some infantry lights up when i press q, why not go for it?
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:57 PM   #6662
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
This is actually probably the easiest kills you can get in jets. Just hit "q" to spot, and aim below the triangles. the gun is powerful enough so that you dont need to hold the firing cursor over the target for too long. a lot of times i get the crosshair below the target, and make sure the "firing stream" passes through the triangle as i pull up, and i get the kill most of the time. killing infantry in the open is especially easy on that map with the carrier and 4 ocean-side bases and a couple more further in; when people run along the ocean side bases, they are completely exposed...

i dont make ^ my sole mission as pilot (i try to focus on anti-vehicle gameplay), but if i am swooping down and some infantry lights up when i press q, why not go for it?
I see where that comes from in the gameplay aspect, however I feel its only possible because the jets in game move unrealistically slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:09 PM   #6663
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
I see where that comes from in the gameplay aspect, however I feel its only possible because the jets in game move unrealistically slow.
yea, i wish they were faster.
Too predictable.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:52 PM   #6664
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I played a couple of rounds last night. People are still dicks.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:45 PM   #6665
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
in what way?
Try hitting a jet with heat seekers and tell me what happens. Friend and I were playing at Caspian about a week ago and they still had no effect on jets (helicopters would get hit though). I thought they'd release a hot fix for sure.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:48 PM   #6666
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Heatseekers work now
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:08 PM   #6667
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Is it a server side thing? My client hasn't updated.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:09 PM   #6668
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Been working, I was playing a few nights ago and I used my CMs and still had 1 Heatseeker hit me.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6669
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Is it a server side thing? My client hasn't updated.
It was fixed via server side patches awhile ago. After the huge patch they broke it and fixed it about a week later.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:59 PM   #6670
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

I must have been playing on an outdated server than. Oh well.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:18 AM   #6671
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The M416 is amazing, did they buff this? Not much recoil and good damage.

Suppression isn't worrying me as much these days, guess I've gotten used to it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:19 AM   #6672
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The M416 is amazing, did they buff this? Not much recoil and good damage.

Suppression isn't worrying me as much these days, guess I've gotten used to it.
According to the updated stats on Symthic, the M416 is more or less a slightly worse M16A3. Lower RPM, slower bullet speed, shorter distance, and longer reload. All of those stats are just slightly inferior, though, so it's still a great weapon considering the M16A3 with a heavy barrel is arguably the best AR in the game.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:43 AM   #6673
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I could never hit sh*t with M16A3, and other people seemingly one-shot-kill me with it
Too predictable.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:12 AM   #6674
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

My client downloaded 47MB today. Not sure what it did (if anything).
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:42 AM   #6675
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Reinstalling fixed my sound problem. :|
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:53 AM   #6676
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
My client downloaded 47MB today. Not sure what it did (if anything).
I go looking for patch notes, and all I find is stuff from the last server patch.
Quote:
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:14 PM   #6677
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Changelist
* Origin wrapper updated
* AlienFX support
* Bugfixes to Eyefinity detection
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:34 PM   #6678
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I could never hit sh*t with M16A3, and other people seemingly one-shot-kill me with it
i just click click my firing, no holding down the trigger or bursting. I feel it tends to be more accurate.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:37 AM   #6679
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:08 AM   #6680
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 02:28 PM   #6681
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bro's, i'm pretty much raping up **** hard in BF3 . 400 hours and counting, i'm awesome.

But i have a question about graphics.

Is the graphic card industry moving really slow or something these last years?

I mean wtf, i'd like to upgrade my ancient sli'd 285's , but i find out this old **** is still as fast as a gtx580 ?
And the 680 is only like 15% faster than the 580 ?

wtf is this crap ... come on I WANT TO UPGRADE MY SYSTEM

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 02:34 PM   #6682
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Bro's, i'm pretty much raping up **** hard in BF3 . 400 hours and counting, i'm awesome.

But i have a question about graphics.

Is the graphic card industry moving really slow or something these last years?

I mean wtf, i'd like to upgrade my ancient sli'd 285's , but i find out this old **** is still as fast as a gtx580 ?
And the 680 is only like 15% faster than the 580 ?

wtf is this crap ... come on I WANT TO UPGRADE MY SYSTEM
If you're using 285s in SLI and don't think a 680 is an upgrade...
Quote:
Old May 1, 2012, 02:48 PM   #6683
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well show me some benchmarks then !

Comments like "my 680 is beast!" don't really help

I've spent an hour looking at benchmarks and i'd get about a 15 to 20 percent performance increase !

That's not really beastly .

Show me some numbers bro !

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old May 1, 2012, 03:22 PM   #6684
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

whats the best lmg out of the PKP, the M60, and the M240?
Too predictable.
Old May 1, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6685
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Played for a little bit last night on that server mentioned earlier, fun times but there was some crazy lag when using any of the planes/heli's. Sorry uber, i didnt mean to crash like that i was woohoooo raping... then DIP crash.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 03:37 PM   #6686
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

Quote:
whats the best lmg out of the PKP, the M60, and the M240?
That depends.

Are you a post-patch-suppression-random-bullet-spread-abuser that just needs a big clip , so he can prevent his enemy that has 10x better aim then you from shooting back ?

OR, are you an actual support player. Meaning you equip the bipod instead of the freaking foregrip on that thing.

With bipod, m60 and 3.4 optics is quite beastly .

If you're a noob , PKP with foregrip

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old May 1, 2012, 05:23 PM   #6687
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Apparently killing the same noobs over and over because they do the same noob **** over and over (probably a douchebag admin too) is now a "cheat".

Since I've started playing I've been banned from like 5 servers now for "cheats".
Old May 1, 2012, 05:48 PM   #6688
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
Apparently killing the same noobs over and over because they do the same noob **** over and over (probably a douchebag admin too) is now a "cheat".

Since I've started playing I've been banned from like 5 servers now for "cheats".
I have been banned from a couple servers and I am not even very good, just average.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 06:38 PM   #6689
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Well show me some benchmarks then !

Comments like "my 680 is beast!" don't really help

I've spent an hour looking at benchmarks and i'd get about a 15 to 20 percent performance increase !

That's not really beastly .

Show me some numbers bro !
1GPU > 2GPU's.

theres your upgrade.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:01 PM   #6690
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
1GPU > 2GPU's.

theres your upgrade.
I dont see the logic in this. I have yet to run into 1 issue with my 560 ti sli setup.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote