Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:20 PM   #6541
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

We will have to wait to see what the fix will bring. I agree that we should never use random deviation and should just use recoil but I've not found anything that said how and when they will address this.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:51 PM   #6542
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:00 PM   #6543
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

haha, that's awesome.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:40 PM   #6544
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone else having a problem logging in ? Can log into Origin fine but BF3 says incorrect password ?????
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:54 PM   #6545
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

I'm getting the same thing trying to log into battlelog.
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 02:35 PM   #6546
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Eventually let me in then the game kept crashing out, given up now cba tbh.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 09:51 PM   #6547
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Played my first match post patch and I was wondering if anyone else is having bipod issues? I couldn't get mine to deploy on my M249 at all. Also noticed all my kits were different.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:51 AM   #6548
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Played my first match post patch and I was wondering if anyone else is having bipod issues? I couldn't get mine to deploy on my M249 at all. Also noticed all my kits were different.
The kits thing is annoying, some weapons have kind of defaulted to some preset accessories.....

as for the bipod? No...its just as annoying to deploy as it was before the patch.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:51 AM   #6549
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
I hate random deviation. I dont care about blurry screen, or assist points or whatever.

Dont artificially make me worse by removing aim from the game. Its retarded.
But...aiming is also considered hacking.......
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:03 AM   #6550
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Going in as massive underdogs with no pilots on European level, Australia wins clan nations cup final against Finland, woot.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489675702597/
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:16 AM   #6551
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
Although I don't fully agree with you I do understand what you are saying.
1-Suppression should start once a succession of rounds have reach it's target. It shouldn't be happening on the 1st shot. For example snipers shouldn't be suppressing players. And IMO should only be delegated to support role.
2-Suppression is best left with targets that are next to walls, partitions, corners, windows, etc. As that allows the ideal situation where someone would need to 'duck' or 'hide' behind something. If the person is out in the open the objective is to hit the target. Hitting the target alone causes a person to try to leave the area even though there is no cover. Adding suppression on top of hitting the target is IMO overkill when they have a clear line of sight of the target.
3-I'm not sure what you mean by suppressing hit targets (could you elaborate). IMO, the only reward you should get is that little X indicating you've hit the target thus reducing their health. Anything more then that is over the top.
1: Agree wth you on that, that was kind of what I was trying to say, except for the support class only part, allthough that would make the support class more important, I think it wouldn't be very realistic. If an engie shoots an P90 at your ass you should have a suppressing effect because of the whisteling load of bullets. What I could live with is: higher rate of fire and/or support class have HIGHER suppression effect.

2: Agreed again. I know you can here bullets whisteling around you, but it actually has to be pretty close to observe and estimate that the shot was actually meant for you, so my point would be that it has to be much closer to do any effect. Also taken cover should clear up the fuzzy screen much faster. Hearing the bullets impact on a wall should be enough to keep your ass out of the firing line, but it is BS, that by the time the screen is blur flree the other player has reloaded a HMG and can resume firing...

3: The wounding effect I meant was that you get a aertain ammount of supression effect and/or it hampers your movement/aiming a bit, but it should be minimal because otherwise it would make it impossible to react to a direct hit in any way, which would give the spraying agressor even more advantage.

The way it is now is totally BS. Yesterday, me and some friends did the following, take 2 support class players with extended mags. instead of keeping them a bit behind the assault class, put them up front in the assault. Let them rip at snipers and assault class players like there is no tomorrow. The assault class players behind the support players, with a gun with more accurracy, can then pick them off like fish in a barrel We were a 4 man Rambo squad mopping the floor with 10-12 enemies. Only because of the totally overblown suppressing effect...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:29 AM   #6552
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
1: Agree wth you on that, that was kind of what I was trying to say, except for the support class only part, allthough that would make the support class more important, I think it wouldn't be very realistic. If an engie shoots an P90 at your ass you should have a suppressing effect because of the whisteling load of bullets. What I could live with is: higher rate of fire and/or support class have HIGHER suppression effect.

2: Agreed again. I know you can here bullets whisteling around you, but it actually has to be pretty close to observe and estimate that the shot was actually meant for you, so my point would be that it has to be much closer to do any effect. Also taken cover should clear up the fuzzy screen much faster. Hearing the bullets impact on a wall should be enough to keep your ass out of the firing line, but it is BS, that by the time the screen is blur flree the other player has reloaded a HMG and can resume firing...

3: The wounding effect I meant was that you get a aertain ammount of supression effect and/or it hampers your movement/aiming a bit, but it should be minimal because otherwise it would make it impossible to react to a direct hit in any way, which would give the spraying agressor even more advantage.

The way it is now is totally BS. Yesterday, me and some friends did the following, take 2 support class players with extended mags. instead of keeping them a bit behind the assault class, put them up front in the assault. Let them rip at snipers and assault class players like there is no tomorrow. The assault class players behind the support players, with a gun with more accurracy, can then pick them off like fish in a barrel We were a 4 man Rambo squad mopping the floor with 10-12 enemies. Only because of the totally overblown suppressing effect...
They really need to remove the deviation when suppressed. That's all we are seeing here. If you get your shots off 1st they can't react and will just lose. Just because you shot 1st shouldn't allow you to create a bottleneck out in the open.

Another annoying thing I notice is that stray bullet not intended for you will completely hamper your ability to shoot accurately. To be honest that single stray bullet isn't suppressing the player at all. That random deviation as a bullet goes by you needs to go.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:47 AM   #6553
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Going in as massive underdogs with no pilots on European level, Australia wins clan nations cup final against Finland, woot.

interesting.

any clips of finland's jet pilot?
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:30 AM   #6554
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I found it very odd that they can revive everyone as many times as they want, I can only revive people once then they are locked out and die.
They shoot through walls on purpose to finish the kill. wtf is going on in that game.
As for best in the world .
It would have been nice to see every ones perspective.
Congrats to them weird very weird.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1

Last edited by Rad2owns : Apr 11, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:30 AM   #6555
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Those guys suck.

Jet ramming.. they do all the stuff that makes BF3 suck.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:49 AM   #6556
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Jets, the stuff that makes BF3 suck.
fixt
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:57 AM   #6557
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Can everyone else revive multiple times?
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:00 AM   #6558
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
Can everyone else revive multiple times?
I can, and I dont know what you meant by finishing them off through walls, its called wall banging, like CoD.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:10 AM   #6559
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
I can, and I dont know what you meant by finishing them off through walls, its called wall banging, like CoD.
explain wall banging.

I cant revive people more than once maybe I should uninstall the game delete then reinstall.

Edit
You saying we can shoot through concrete with 5.56 in BF3 if so it has gone down the toilet.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1

Last edited by Rad2owns : Apr 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:20 AM   #6560
demo
space cadet

Wall banging - You can shoot through some materials.

Revive - I can revive people as many times as I want, unless they tap out.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:20 AM   #6561
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Edit
You saying we can shoot through concrete with 5.56 in BF3 if so it has gone down the toilet.
Much like CSS, you can shoot through some corners etc, and thinner materials.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:21 AM   #6562
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Not just corners - some walls you can just shoot thru
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:24 AM   #6563
demo
space cadet

Yeh usually near the edges though like CSS, its not like CoD where bullets go through anything.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:47 AM   #6564
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

They all had really high pings between 173 and 220.
I am going to have to try it, looked like they had no lagg at all.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:41 PM   #6565
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I found it very odd that they can revive everyone as many times as they want, I can only revive people once then they are locked out and die.
They shoot through walls on purpose to finish the kill. wtf is going on in that game.
As for best in the world .
It would have been nice to see every ones perspective.
Congrats to them weird very weird.
I can revive people multiple times, and I don't quit shooting when people go behind a wall because I know that bullets go thru walls as in real life.. well unless you are watching the movies, they don't even go thru tables.. LOL :P

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:58 PM   #6566
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
The kits thing is annoying, some weapons have kind of defaulted to some preset accessories.....

as for the bipod? No...its just as annoying to deploy as it was before the patch.....
Weird. I tried several times with the bipod on my M249 and going prone doesn't put down the bipod. Did they add a bipod button or something?

Edit:

Yep, there is a deploy button. Not sure if it was there before and unused, but it's there now and with it I can deploy without issue.

Last edited by Jet Black : Apr 11, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:58 PM   #6567
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

does anyone here with a 7970 get intermittent jerkyness for a few seconds on some of the b2k maps? fps is above 40 when it happens which is odd.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:58 AM   #6568
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
does anyone here with a 7970 get intermittent jerkyness for a few seconds on some of the b2k maps? fps is above 40 when it happens which is odd.
I have something like that, but on all maps/servers. Where before a server was laggy or not laggy, now the most fluent servers have a jerk every now and then for me. This yerk lasts about a second and I end up being some meters back, walking into a wall, things like that. It is some über lag spike while the rest of the game the pings are great and no rubberbanding occurs at all except for that lag spike. Also every ones in a while this yerk results in a disconnected from EA online (1) message so I guess if you are reffering to that yerk, it's game/patch/connection related...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:57 AM   #6569
zampe
Nitro R9 380 4GB

zampe is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I have something like that, but on all maps/servers. Where before a server was laggy or not laggy, now the most fluent servers have a jerk every now and then for me. This yerk lasts about a second and I end up being some meters back, walking into a wall, things like that. It is some über lag spike while the rest of the game the pings are great and no rubberbanding occurs at all except for that lag spike. Also every ones in a while this yerk results in a disconnected from EA online (1) message so I guess if you are reffering to that yerk, it's game/patch/connection related...
punkbuster may cause problems, try to manually upate it.
zampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:04 AM   #6570
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Same here.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1