Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:42 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2019, 06:30 PM   #122
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

They are marketing the crap out of The Witcher.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:03 PM   #123
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Christmas will be good for Netflix.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:34 PM   #124
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've watched every trailer, listened to interviews with the producer, and I just can't get myself to look forward to this.

Part of it is Cavill, which isn't really fair to him. He may do a great job, but I just don't see or hear Gerault of Rivia when watching the trailers. Can't exactly put my finger on what else it is that bugs me about what we're seen so far.

I'll watch eventually, but I think my fondest Witcher memories will still be the games far and away...
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 02:13 PM   #125
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I've watched every trailer, listened to interviews with the producer, and I just can't get myself to look forward to this.

Part of it is Cavill, which isn't really fair to him. He may do a great job, but I just don't see or hear Gerault of Rivia when watching the trailers. Can't exactly put my finger on what else it is that bugs me about what we're seen so far.

I'll watch eventually, but I think my fondest Witcher memories will still be the games far and away...
I'm glad I didn't play the game then I guess, this is probably the show I am looking forward to the most over the holidays, the trailers make it look it really really good...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 03:41 PM   #126
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I'm glad I didn't play the game then I guess, this is probably the show I am looking forward to the most over the holidays, the trailers make it look it really really good...
After you watch it, play the games. If you like swords, monsters and beautiful women you'll love them. Probably some of the best rpgs ever released.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 03:51 PM   #127
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
After you watch it, play the games. If you like swords, monsters and beautiful women you'll love them. Probably some of the best rpgs ever released.
hate 3rd person though... if it was first person I'd be in fo sho....
Old Dec 13, 2019, 04:14 PM   #128
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
hate 3rd person though... if it was first person I'd be in fo sho....
I think Witcher 1 was the first 3rd person game I ever played. It took a lot of getting used to, but it's been so worth it.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 04:54 PM   #129
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I want to like the games but the combat just feels too awkward and floaty for me. It really makes the experience pretty infuriating. Aside from that the games have a pretty engaging story and visuals.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 05:02 PM   #130
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah it took me a long time to get used to Witcher 3's combat controls. Especially because I was playing a lot of Dark Souls too at the time. Once they clicked for me though they were fine and very enjoyable.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 05:03 PM   #131
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cavill seem to be playing it more like a badass superhero type rather than somebody doing the work as a job for coin. Apparently he's a big fan of the games (and books?) so I think he'll be quite passionate for the role, regardless.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:25 PM   #132
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The fact that the ***** is not carrying 2 swords pisses me off.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2019, 07:57 AM   #133
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
The fact that the ***** is not carrying 2 swords pisses me off.
The Netflix series is based on the books, and not the games. In the books, Geralt only kept the Steel sword on himself, and kept the silver sword tucked away on Roach's saddle. Geralt didn't wear 2 swords at the same time in the books.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2019, 08:33 AM   #134
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I want to like the games but the combat just feels too awkward and floaty for me. It really makes the experience pretty infuriating. Aside from that the games have a pretty engaging story and visuals.
It was the story and visuals that kept me going mostly. I actually preferred the combat from the first over the last two games, but the story, music, visuals and world in the 2nd two were just amazing. I was willing to die over and over and over for that
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:29 AM   #135
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

A couple ads for this came on during the Packer game and my dad who is a big Lord of the Rings and enjoys fantasy shows was like "whats this all about?" The other thing was some of the scenes look like they had been filmed with my kid bothers VHS camera mixes with awesome. Very odd mix that was kind of off putting.
I will still give it a try, being a big fan of the games, but I think that killed it for pops. Not what the marketing team was hoping for I am sure.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2019, 09:30 AM   #136
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Out tomorrow. I normally watch Netflix shows in bed with a laptop prior to falling asleep, but this one I will be watching all episodes on my big screen home theater setup. Hopefully the 4k quality will not disappoint as a few other Netflix 4k shows have.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2019, 09:42 AM   #137
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

i work tomorrow but after i get home around 330pm .. it's ****ing on. binging with chips and nacho cheese, pretzels and nutella, and egg nog.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2019, 09:51 AM   #138
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
i work tomorrow but after i get home around 330pm .. it's ****ing on. binging with chips and nacho cheese, pretzels and nutella, and egg nog.
That sounds perfect.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 06:09 AM   #139
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

First two episodes were pretty good. I find it seems to mesh pretty well with the games (haven't read the books). Throws a lot of characters and names at you early on. Not sure it would be good viewing for newbs to the series.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 07:58 AM   #140
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
First two episodes were pretty good. I find it seems to mesh pretty well with the games (haven't read the books). Throws a lot of characters and names at you early on. Not sure it would be good viewing for newbs to the series.
How is Cavill's portrayal of Gerault? I'm debating whether this is worth paying another month to Netflix for....
Old Dec 20, 2019, 08:14 AM   #141
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
How is Cavill's portrayal of Gerault? I'm debating whether this is worth paying another month to Netflix for....
Of course it is. It's the Witcher.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 08:21 AM   #142
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Of course it is. It's the Witcher.
I need to account for the FULL cost.

Binge, so no sleep.
2 hot fudge sundaes, so constipated.
Interruption of said binge to let the dog out - emotional turmoil.
Will re-awaken the need to play ALL the games again - loss of valuable time and neglect of wife for gaming which leads to a fear of going to sleep because she pays that **** back

The cost of nerd-dom is high in my house.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 01:30 PM   #143
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I absolutely love his voice.

It's exactly like the game.

Oh and the series isn't suitable for those below 16.

EDIT: Geralt's first sword fighting scene … EPIC.

Last edited by Capt. Picard : Dec 20, 2019 at 02:26 PM.
Capt. Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 01:41 PM   #144
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've been watching this at work all morning. It's pretty ****ing bad. I think I am about 4 or 5 episodes in and I really dont give a ****.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 01:45 PM   #145
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I've been watching this at work all morning. It's pretty ****ing bad. I think I am about 4 or 5 episodes in and I really dont give a ****.
well, that... sucks...

was looking forward to this...
Old Dec 20, 2019, 02:31 PM   #146
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Henry does the gravelly voice thing ala Christian Bale as Batman. Tbh it's kinda annoying to me but it's not extreme and he doesn't do it all the time.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 03:08 PM   #147
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Henry does the gravelly voice thing ala Christian Bale as Batman. Tbh it's kinda annoying to me but it's not extreme and he doesn't do it all the time.
Cavill has the part down. But it's just so ****ing boring. I am now on the Jinn episode and I'm about to start watching something else.... like V-Wars again.... and that **** is about 10 hours of my life I wont get back...
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Dec 20, 2019, 03:50 PM   #148
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Some of you are so damn picky.

WTF do you want????
Old Dec 20, 2019, 04:07 PM   #149
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

The green dragon hunt episode is pretty good, because of the dwarves.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 07:11 PM   #150
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
well, that... sucks...

was looking forward to this...
We just watched the first episode. Against all expectations I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next.